[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tiny Tim plays well and gets benched?!?!?!?
Author Thread
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
12/22/2004  9:55 AM
I'm not sure what to make of this...scores 10 points in the first quarter and still rides the pine and we get blown out.

I think it may be time to realize that Lenny has lost it.
Tim talk

He probably wouldn't have made much of a difference had he played more than 22 minutes, but after starting fairly effectively, with 10 first-quarter points, Tim Thomas spent most of the second quarter on the bench as Tuesday's eventual 123-94 loss to Dallas got away from the Knicks.

The struggling small forward also committed three turnovers during the opening 12 minutes, but admitted he thought he could have helped as the Mavs continued stretching their lead.

"It's not my decision," he said. "I wish I was a player-coach. But that's not my decision. Times haven't been great for me and [coach Lenny Wilkens has] been pulling the trigger and times have been good for me and it still happens. It's not my decision. I just have to live with what coach decides and go from there."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/264500p-226489c.html

[IMG_block] http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/25-wilkens_lenny.JPG [/IMG_block]
all kool aid all the time.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/22/2004  9:59 AM
Here is the one defense of Wilkens....

Didn't he come out with the lineup that energized the Knicks to come back against Philly in the second quarter against Dallas?

Some times it works... and some times it does not.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/22/2004  10:02 AM
did you watch the game? TT fumbled numerous balls. All his shots are one on one.. when the ball goes to him he holds it and there is no movement and therefore no offensive rebounding. The guy he was guarding outscored him. Sorry, but scoring 10 first quarter points and giving up just as many as well as not rebounding and turning the ball over isnt playing well.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
12/22/2004  10:06 AM
This is what I needed to see...I had to go to dinner and missed the first half. Thanks for setting me straight.

Posted by fishmike:

did you watch the game? TT fumbled numerous balls. All his shots are one on one.. when the ball goes to him he holds it and there is no movement and therefore no offensive rebounding. The guy he was guarding outscored him. Sorry, but scoring 10 first quarter points and giving up just as many as well as not rebounding and turning the ball over isnt playing well.
all kool aid all the time.
rojasmas
Member: #639
12/22/2004  2:02 PM
Lenny took him out after he got his second quick foul, on a questionable call by Dicky B. when Stringbean Bradley's foot was in the no offensive foul zone.
Lenny should have left him in, he was the one guy playing well. Dirk was the one scoring all the points. K Thomas and Nazy had no shot against his 3 pointer. Finley scored some but not much, Howard did alright. So TT wasn't a total defensive liability. He had a couple of steals and 5 boards in the quarter.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/22/2004  2:20 PM
Do they Knicks play with a system or do they just wing it???? They need to play to get to a rhythem. It would stop a lot of inconsistancy. Let Crawford come off screens all day. Let Marbury drive all day. TT plays better when they got him moving around the blocks and not stationed around the 3 point line. KT 15 feet away. Muhammad down low. Houston give him one on one opportunities or on the outside to open up the court.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
12/22/2004  2:26 PM
Posted by fishmike:

BTW: He had 5 rebounds in the first quarter. I ain't pinning the loss on the substitution, but TT was definitely playing with energy and was without question our most effective starter last night. He was getting burned on D just like everyone else was. It wasn't just him allowing points. He did fumble balls, and he didn't always score in the flow of the offense, but I think he deserved minutes. Despite that, I don't think he could have saved last night's game for us. I'm down on him just like everyone else is, but he was showing promise last night.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/22/2004  2:28 PM
Posted by martin:

Here is the one defense of Wilkens....

Didn't he come out with the lineup that energized the Knicks to come back against Philly in the second quarter against Dallas?

Some times it works... and some times it does not.
In the Philly game, it was more than just TT that came out. It was everyone from the starting lineup except Stephon that were benched. Thats when the comeback started. If defense and sloppy play losses games, the rest of the team is just as much to blame as TT.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/22/2004  2:37 PM
but he was showing promise last night.
not me... Maybe I am just so sick of watching TT and watching the Knicks go into a hole in the first 3-4 minutes of every game. Especially seeing this guy live. He's got the kind of build and size Amare Stoudemire has, yet Crawford has a more physical game than Tim has.

My god... TT is 6'10, 240 has supreme athleticism and DOESNT EVEN AVERAGE 2 FTs a game.

Is there hope for this guy? Is he just an expiring deal for this offseason?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/22/2004  2:50 PM
tim thomas = cowardly lion = the tin man = the scarecrow = dorothy?

i've given up on him completely.

tim thomas + max deal + fugazy = shandon2k5

kvh played 10x better than him last season even with his 4th quarter disappearances and turnovers.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/22/2004  3:00 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

kvh played 10x better than him last season even with his 4th quarter disappearances and turnovers.

I'm with you, brother! KVH brought something to the table.
TT is one big negative.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/22/2004  3:10 PM
Posted by fishmike:
but he was showing promise last night.
not me... Maybe I am just so sick of watching TT and watching the Knicks go into a hole in the first 3-4 minutes of every game. Especially seeing this guy live. He's got the kind of build and size Amare Stoudemire has, yet Crawford has a more physical game than Tim has.

My god... TT is 6'10, 240 has supreme athleticism and DOESNT EVEN AVERAGE 2 FTs a game.

Is there hope for this guy? Is he just an expiring deal for this offseason?

TT is NOt supremely athletic. Amare Stoudemire is 6-10 240 an extremly athletic. TT is athletic, but no where near the same caliber. he is not quick he cant move his feet fast enough on the D and has little body control.
RIP Crushalot😞
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/22/2004  3:29 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

tt himself played 10x better last season than this year.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/22/2004  3:39 PM
yes he did.

it's amazing to think the trade turned out to be kvh for nazr with tim as the throw-in for salary match.
Tiny Tim plays well and gets benched?!?!?!?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy