[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Give me 1 excuse for this
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/22/2004  7:30 AM
The Knicks chose to shrug the loss off as an aberration following four wins in five games.

“There wasn’t a lot of yelling, because we knew that was not us,” Jamal Crawford said.

New York allowed Dallas to repeatedly score with ease on the inside, surrendering 100 points before the third quarter ended.

“I knew I was playing hard, I didn’t know career-best,” Howard said. “Some of their guys weren’t playing as hard as they could.”

Who were those guys Howard was playing against and talking about?
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/22/2004  7:36 AM
Everyone has different ways of dealing with a devastating loss like this one. The Knicks decided to not let this one affect it too much. I have no problem with that IF they take it out on the Celtics.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
playa2

12/22/2004  9:02 AM
And if Boston beats them like a red headed step child, then what.

This team could easily be 10-14
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/22/2004  9:13 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Everyone has different ways of dealing with a devastating loss like this one. The Knicks decided to not let this one affect it too much. I have no problem with that IF they take it out on the Celtics.

I have a problem with that because it's not the first time that it happens, and the wort thing is that it was at home. Come on, if you are so sure about yourself as a team then games like last night should never happen! No yelling? Great, like they are such a consistent team that they don't deserve them. Like they gave their home crowd such a great effort! Come on! If they just move on withoug learning something about this and without the motivation of not letting that happen again, then they will keep letting things like this happen. They should feel sooo ashamed because it was a terrible game, and Im sure IT wouldn't let them just shrug off and move on.
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
12/22/2004  9:19 AM
They could have a nice game against the Celtics and defeat them (they must, I should say ) but then what will happen when they battle a team like the Suns, the Sonics or the Kings? Another disgusting game like this one? This team forgets who they are every once in a while and then make a terrible game like this one, and they shouldn't! Its easy to say "That was not us" and shrug off the loss, but a real team would do something else...
Knicks_Fan
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/22/2004  10:03 AM
playa, this obviously happened because we need a guy like Vince Carter.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/22/2004  10:32 AM
Knicks need to find a home for KT and Timmy.....

Timmy is a bum.....it's been too long for that not to be true.

KT is a solid player but he needs to be on a contenders bench....

Knicks lost cuz their front court was running wild on the Knicks.

I want Josh Howard on the Knicks. He is a ball player.

I was looking for Steph and Craw to take over but I just turned it off.......it was sickening to see them play so well one night then a really good team comes in and just picks the Knicks apart. It's sickening......
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/22/2004  11:04 AM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by Silverfuel:

I have a problem with that because it's not the first time that it happens, and the wort thing is that it was at home. Come on, if you are so sure about yourself as a team then games like last night should never happen! No yelling? Great, like they are such a consistent team that they don't deserve them. Like they gave their home crowd such a great effort! Come on! If they just move on withoug learning something about this and without the motivation of not letting that happen again, then they will keep letting things like this happen. They should feel sooo ashamed because it was a terrible game, and Im sure IT wouldn't let them just shrug off and move on.
Guy, I completely agree with you. No one in the world can come up with an excuse for Knick fans for last night. I just wanted to say that the team can deal with a bad loss whichever way they want if they come out and play well the next game and avoid stuff like this from happening again.

Martin said it on another thread and even tho I hate agreeing with people, I have to in this case. We might see more of these type of games this year. It's cause he have a slightly young team thats learning. It might take the rest of this year to learn. The playoffs will really help us learn. This is not an excuse, just a request for patience.

Of course, last night was HORRIBLE so scream all you want and I will scream with you but I will scream only once.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/22/2004  11:44 AM
thats what I want to see... some growth from this, and your probably right, there will be more games like this. Defense has to be a priority at the start of every game, so does rebounding, ESPECIALLY on the defensive glass. The thing that scares me is we arent that young. Yes, we have some good young guys... Ariza, Sweetney, Crawford, yada yada.. but we are starting the game with a line up of 27,24,27,31 and 27. Most of those guys are 6-8 year veterans.

We really need two defensive type on the floor to start... I am 100% convinced we will struggle otherwise. If you want to start Houston at the 3 thats fine, because he gives you scoring there. I have been dead set against any kind of panic type trades but watching TT every night is just killing me. I really liked him last year. Even after he shot off his fugazy mouth I thought he would put it behind him and play like he did at the end of last year, when he was giving us 16/5 every night and playing at a high level.

He's just been awfull and what scares me isnt the slump, its his total fear of any contact. I cant help but to think he's scared or something. Thats hard to work with...

Even with Zo in Toronto know I stand by my original trade proposal of TT for Zo and Reuben Patterson. Those two guys could really anchor our defense we needed. Patterson can defend anyone and Zo's a pain but Nazr and Sweetney could learn a lot from watching him play 10-15 minuntes a night.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
12/22/2004  12:04 PM
There is no excuses, but, this could be a positive expereince for the team.

There are two ways to go from here, either we use this as a learning expereince and move on to play better basketball, or we self destruct and go down the the Celts.

This is it for the season, Iseah, and everything this team is, we don't respond with a win against the Celtics tonight, is all over.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/22/2004  12:12 PM
This blowouts were happening in preseason also! They are farr and fewer , so maybe we need to see it as improvement!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/22/2004  12:25 PM
Even with Zo in Toronto know I stand by my original trade proposal of TT for Zo and Reuben Patterson. Those two guys could really anchor our defense we needed. Patterson can defend anyone and Zo's a pain but Nazr and Sweetney could learn a lot from watching him play 10-15 minuntes a night.

i would see if we could somehow work out a trade for Zo & Eric Williams if i were Isiah w.o giving up JYD...try to center it around TT & Vin Baker if possible...i know TOR loves JYD so they'd probably ask for him in any trade though, so it might not be feasible.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/22/2004  1:01 PM
The attitude of the team sucks. Its like if they win a certain amount of games in a certain period like 4 out of 5 they deserve to play half assed for a game. This is a losers mentality and unfortunately there are a lot of losers on this Knicks team. This is the second blowout loss at home and it is a cause for concern. If this team can't beat teams more consistently at home then they have no business being in the playoffs this my friends is fools gold. Leading the division in a piss poor division isn't saying much. To make the playoffs for the sake of making them like last year is a joke.
playa2

12/22/2004  10:40 PM
AH ha , You thought I was joking when I told you zeke was a used car salesman when are car was broke down and we needed to get to work.

Marbury and Craw are glorified "RUCKER PLAYERS" and so many fans don't know it.

We have to have the "dumbest" back court in the league.

Marbury should be the first to get traded with KT.

We don't need a glorified back up in KT starting , we need an up grade at the 4 and Starbury could bring us one and a serviceable pg.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/22/2004  10:57 PM
I'll give crawford credit for being a warrior today. He had trouble walking but still put up about 25 pts and outplayed Pierce
Knicksfan
USA
12/22/2004  11:30 PM
Posted by simrud:

There are two ways to go from here, either we use this as a learning expereince and move on to play better basketball, or we self destruct and go down the the Celts.

This is it for the season, Iseah, and everything this team is, we don't respond with a win against the Celtics tonight, is all over.

Well, we lost, so...
Knicks_Fan
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/22/2004  11:34 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by simrud:

Well, we lost, so...
If it's over, then there's really no point in posting on message boards anymore. (Why post about something that's over?) Does this mean we say goodbye to Simrud?
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
12/23/2004  2:25 AM
Actually yeah, prolly, I'm tired of this team, I can't enjoy watching there games anymore, so I think for a while I'll chill back and wount bother to pay enough atteintion to them to post on the forum.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
playa2

12/23/2004  8:24 AM
Simmy don't go, I'm sure the "KOOLAID AHOLICS" will tell us Zeke has the earth shaking trade to make us competitive again.
Knicksfan
USA
12/23/2004  10:33 AM
Posted by playa2:

Simmy don't go, I'm sure the "KOOLAID AHOLICS" will tell us Zeke has the earth shaking trade to make us competitive again.

How did you know it?
Knicks_Fan
Give me 1 excuse for this

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy