[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A well coached team......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
12/21/2004  10:06 PM
I am sorry folks, a well coached team doesn't go through what our team is going through. All season long we are fighting an uphill battle, I am sorry, we have to stop blaming the players. I would say this much to Isiah, before considering trading our players for scrubs, look into our coaching situation first. The Nets are not any better than our squad, but they show up and play hard every night. So does the Bobcats, and plenty of other teams in this league. When you have a coach who is sleep walking on the sideline, players will mirror their coach. I am sorry, Lenny did a lot of substituition tonight, but all the wrong ones. Something has to be done. I am now convinced that our players beside one or two are not worthy, but before letting them go to another team, change the head coach first.....
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/21/2004  10:10 PM
Posted by diderotn:

before letting them go to another team, change the head coach first.....
I agree with what someone said on another thread about this. I dont think we should go looking for another coach. Not only are there no good replacements out there, we also would not accomplish anything by a coaching change.

It is hard for me to say this after tonite but I think we should try and put this game behind us.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
diderotn
USA
12/21/2004  10:17 PM
The answer to our coaching problems is right there in our bench. we dont have to go out and look for a coach, we can continue the same flow by promoting one of the assistant coaches as a replacement. By firing Lenny, Isiah could bring back his best friend Malone, with either Surh or Agwire at the helm. The only difference will be in the defensive end, and what better place can we improve the most?? Here is my choice, fire Lenny and promote Agwire. Keep Suhr as assistant head coach and keep all of the other assistants. Our team would not miss a beat....Agwire could become our interim coach, and if he does well, which I am sure off, could stay in that position. Didn't the Nets fire Scott in the middle of the season??
diderotn
USA
12/21/2004  10:23 PM
In fact, Lenny should follow what Hubie did. Just resign. He is too old and really needs to retire with his dignity. Why allow himself to get fired????
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/21/2004  10:40 PM
let Aguirre, Malone or Suhr or even Herb coach at this point. Someone who will play Sweetney and use TT and the rest of the front court effectively
gunsnewing
USA
12/21/2004  10:48 PM
I can see the headlines on Thursday morning....Patrick Ewing: Head coach of the New york Knicks, Ewing Returns, Welcome Home Pat!

Isiah likes to make big splashes!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 12/21/2004 22:48:56]
Silverfuel
USA
12/21/2004  10:51 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I can see the headlines on Thursday morning....Patrick Ewing: Head coach of the New york Knicks, Ewing Returns, Welcome Home Pat!
How much did you have to drink tonite?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/21/2004  10:51 PM
really? Give me your 3 favorite coaches and I guarentee they have experienced the same crap.

Wake up.. it IS the players. Yes I think TT needs to be benched but your boy Marbury "the leader" couldnt keep Jason Terry out of the paint and was like 1 for his first 7 shots. Guess thats bad coaching right? Give me a break with this crap. At some point these "stars" need to take responsibility, just like the coaching staff does. We didnt come to play tonight.. plain and simple. We didnt play D, we didnt box out and we got killed at the 3/4 positions like we do everytime the opposition has talent there.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
USA
12/21/2004  11:17 PM
no coach should ever allow his team to trail by 40+ points at home. Luckily I missed most of the game..so it didn't hurt at all. I just hope they win tommorow. HUGE game. Glad to see Sundov play! I love that guy!

Sundov Wife-beaters baby!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 12/21/2004 23:18:02]
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/21/2004  11:24 PM
Posted by fishmike:

We didnt play D, we didnt box out and we got killed at the 3/4 positions like we do everytime the opposition has talent there.

wow, I think this sums up the Knicks greatest weaknesses in a sentence.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
Member: #41
12/21/2004  11:26 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by fishmike:

We didnt play D, we didnt box out and we got killed at the 3/4 positions like we do everytime the opposition has talent there.

wow, I think this sums up the Knicks greatest weaknesses in a sentence.
phil jax?
diderotn
USA
12/22/2004  10:41 AM
This was their fourth terrible game in the season, and we should brace ourselves for more of that same sh^t. the players are to blame, but Lenny needs to get the majority of it. I can't believe what I have read this morning, they were feeling so good of themselves, they didn't practice, they watched films instead. Wowowowwowowow. for a team that is as mediocre as ours, the more they practice is the better they respond, especially when they will be playing back to back games like last night and tonight.

Here is my question to the most of you, why did Lenny pull TT out when he finally was playing decent basketball??? also, what is so wrong with having a 10 players rotation??????
fishmike
USA
12/22/2004  10:44 AM
because he wasnt playing decent basketball. If you watched the games you would see that. TT hit a couple shots but wasnt boxing out his man, wasnt playing defense and had 3 TOs in the first qtr... Who cares about scoring 10 in a qtr if the guys your guarding gets 15?
diderotn
USA
12/22/2004  10:50 AM
Fish, are you crazy??? who else was doing anything positive on that court beside him? he wasn't doing the little things, but he was scoring, which something that we truly needed. I know that you don't like the boy, but he gave us one intangible early on that no one else could....

Posted by fishmike:

because he wasnt playing decent basketball. If you watched the games you would see that. TT hit a couple shots but wasnt boxing out his man, wasnt playing defense and had 3 TOs in the first qtr... Who cares about scoring 10 in a qtr if the guys your guarding gets 15?
fishmike
USA
12/22/2004  10:53 AM
did you watch the game?
Silverfuel
USA
12/22/2004  10:54 AM
Posted by fishmike:

The players that hurt us yesterday in the 1st when TT was playing well, Dirk and Finely were being guarded by Kurt and Craw. I thought TT did a decent job boxing out on Josh. It was the others that were brought in to play SF that did nothing on Josh howard to let him get is 5000 rebounds.

TO's might be true but IMO, TT did fine yesterday. I was going to open this discussion on the game thread but I guess this thread is just as good for it.

TT was playing like a ass clown for the last 4 weeks. He had good 1st qtrs against the Jazz and the Mavs on offense. In those games, I swear I saw TT driving, going for offensive and defensive rebounds and box out and playing defense also. Fans might be right about him saying he hates contact and I agree but that was not the case yesterday. Not what I saw.

Another thing I want to bring up is how we should've broken the zone D. Shooting! We have Houston who can shoot. No one can take that away from him. He has proven he can shoot with anyone in the league. Why would Lenny not chart out more plays for Houston to shoot on the zone defense? He took 3 shots. 3 f**king shots! If Steph cannot drive on Damp and Dirk, LET HOUSTON SHOOT!

This does not mean I agree on getting a new coach this season. This also does not mean I want TT in the starting lineup but I was happy from what I saw the last 2 nights from him. I will however watch and see how well he tries to box out his man from getting rebounds tonite. I think we should watch Lenny's subbing more carefully. I hope Zeke is going the same thing.
diderotn
USA
12/22/2004  11:04 AM
unfortunately, yes. did you?????? because if you did, you would have seen how poorly Kurt played, and you would have directed your anger toward Lenny's great substitution mechanism. Kurt should have been replaced by either Sweetney or Vinny in that game.

Posted by fishmike:

did you watch the game?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/22/2004  11:07 AM
This loss has nothing to do with coaching......

It has to do with Timmy, and KT.....

KT is a good player but if Sweetney were closer to Brand like we all think he will be KT would be great off the bench.

Lenny has to play Ariza. That's not because he doesn't see Ariza is good, it's Timmy's contract.

JYD, Sweetney, and Ariza need to cut into KT, and Timmy's minutes a little more.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
USA
12/22/2004  11:50 AM
are those guys better defenders that KT? Is Dirk leading the NBA in scoring? Dirk was making some unreal shots. I just got tired of seeing Daniels, Finely or whoever TT was guarding get offsive rebounds and hitting open shots. I wasnt a big fan off TT getting stripped by the ball everytime he tried to dribble. Sorry.. I want to see TT do more than hit the first couple shots he chucks up before I call his contributions "Good."

Maybe if we started him at PF it would be better?
Panos
Member: #520
12/22/2004  12:24 PM
Posted by diderotn:

unfortunately, yes. did you?????? because if you did, you would have seen how poorly Kurt played, and you would have directed your anger toward Lenny's great substitution mechanism. Kurt should have been replaced by either Sweetney or Vinny in that game.

Posted by fishmike:

did you watch the game?

I think a great first step to make us all feel better would be
to ban dido from this forum. Then we can have some intelligent
debate and not get so frustrated with his mantras.
A well coached team......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy