[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

From ESPN INSIDER: (chad ford chat)
Author Thread
SkyWalker
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #814
12/21/2004  1:54 PM
Will (Indiana): Chad, what GM has joined a financially and athletically mired franchise like the Knicks (in mid-season) and done more to improve his team in one year's time than Isiah Thomas? They have more all-stars, deeper talent, and more assets than they did a year ago, all at the cost of players like Howard Eisley and Clarence Weatherspoon, and an extra $14 million. This team's going to be the 3rd seed in the playoffs and they're only getting better. I can't wait to see what you have to say about Zeke's performance in another year's time.

Chad Ford: (1:22 PM ET ) I think the Knicks have improved. They've gone from bad to mediocre. That bad part is that they are now pretty much locked in to average. I remember when Kiki Vandeweghe took over the Nuggets. He could have tried to add a veteran or two, made the playoffs and told people everything was OK. Instead he gutted the whole team with an eye toward winning a championship. Any thing less was unacceptable. The Nuggets are now on that road. The Knicks are on the road to a bunch of good but never great seasons for a long time. If that's what Knicks fans want, then sing Isiah's praises. But once the buzz starts wearing off in a year, my guess is that the same people who are defending him now will be calling for his head.
Kenny SkyWalker
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/21/2004  1:56 PM
Chad is an idiot. End of discussion.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/21/2004  2:10 PM
AHHHHH! Chad is a effing IDIOT! He must have used Sir Speedy to print out his european draft analysis and did not make it in time. Hence his hatred of anything Zeke.

What an abnoxious jerk! "Bad to Mediocre" What the heck! So we didn't change?

Thesaurus
Entry Word: mediocre
Function: adjective
Text: Synonyms MEDIUM, average, fair, fairish, indifferent, intermediate, mean, middling, moderate, so-so
Related Word bad, inferior, poor; common, commonplace, ordinary, unexceptional
Idioms no great shakes, nothing to write home about

He has definitely passed Marc Berman and Peter Vescey as morons in my book. At least Vescey amuses me once in awhile.

jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/21/2004  2:10 PM
yea i tried asking him questions but for some reason they didnt get in there.

if the knicks can go from bad to medicore, then they can go from medicore to good and so on since they have even better tradable assets. whenever ford speaks, nothing he says makes sense, everything is biased.

i cant believe someone gets paid to spew such garbage.
SkyWalker
12/21/2004  2:11 PM
I emailed him 30 times right before he answered that question bashing him and trying to figure out why he hates NY. A couple of them said he better not ever use the word buzz with the Knicks ever again. And yes, he did it just to throw it in my face.
Kenny SkyWalker
NYKBocker
USA
12/21/2004  2:18 PM
[IMG_block] http://msn.espn.go.com/i/columnists/ford_chad_m.jpg [/IMG_block]

Idiot Personified
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/21/2004  2:23 PM
Posted by jaydh:

if the knicks can go from bad to medicore, then they can go from medicore to good and so on since they have even better tradable assets. whenever ford speaks, nothing he says makes sense, everything is biased.

I think you nailed it here. Chad didn't think the Knicks would be able to get out of Ward, Spoon, Dice, Eisley era and they did.

Chad also thought the Sonics were heaps full of nothing.

And talk about gutting a team... has he looked at Chicago over the past years?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
12/21/2004  2:23 PM
I like how he used Denver as an example. They are on a road to the championship??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
NYKBocker
USA
12/21/2004  2:30 PM
Posted by eViL:

I like how he used Denver as an example. They are on a road to the championship??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Wait till Kiki trades Skita and Nene, then he will be in the same boat as Zeke.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/21/2004  2:33 PM
Posted by eViL:

Oh you are right. I would rather be in NY than in Denver as a basketball fan these days. Especially since we have 2 major contracts in their final year comming up this summer. We can land some serious front court size and talent with those 2 contracts. And watch out for 2007 when Houston comes off the books. it's all over then.
But once the buzz starts wearing off in a year, my guess is that the same people who are defending him now will be calling for his head.
This guy is a complete *******. He gives Knick fans absoultely no credit at all. Does he seriously think we are all about the buzz?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
SkyWalker
12/21/2004  2:33 PM
Denver was lucky to fool poor Layden to trade mcdeis for nene and camby. The nugs would be much worse off if they never made that trade. And we still beat them fools the other day.
Kenny SkyWalker
eViL
USA
12/21/2004  2:41 PM
Denver was everyone's favorite example of the real way to rebuild last year. Our record is better than their's is right now. How are they such a prime example of brilliant GM'ing? They intentionally tanked in a year when there were 3 can't miss prospects at the top of the draft. Then this summer, they traded 3 picks for K-Mart when they already have a young PF. They still haven't managed to find a shooting guard. Meanwhile, everyone seems to think that's the easiest piece to find - then why didn't they get one instead of investing so much in an overrated PF like Kenyon. I don't think that Isiah has been flawless but neither has Kiki. Chad Ford needs to get off of Kiki's dick.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/21/2004  2:46 PM
Posted by eViL:

Denver was everyone's favorite example of the real way to rebuild last year.
Look man, in all honesty, Denver is doing well for a team that is starting from square 1. Just like some1 earlier in this thread said, losers like Chad Ford don't mention teams like Chicago that have been in rebuilding mode since 1998! Denver has the potential to be a contender in 3 years when Carmello and K-Mart have played together a little longer. SO DOES NY though! Especially if Sweetney works out.

martin said, he thinks Sweetney will be a 17 pts, 10 rebs guy by the begining of next year if all goes well. That is exactly what we need! We can be a serious contender with a PF/C combo or Sweetney/ Curry or Sweetney/Dalembert. Chad Ford seems to have something like his head stuck up his ass.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 12/21/2004 14:47:51]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
eViL
USA
12/21/2004  3:47 PM
I'm not trying to say Denver isn't good. All I'm saying is that everyone was on their tip like they have cinched the next decade of championships when they haven't. I also don't think Kiki is the lord of GM's either.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/21/2004  3:48 PM
since when is a Denver team that is 13-12 to be considered on it's way to an NBA title?

i think the Knicks stack up pretty well against the Nuggets personally.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Member: #737
USA
12/21/2004  3:52 PM
we have a better record than the nuggets...

we have a better backcourt than the nuggets...

SO.... WHY DO YOU HATE US LAYDEN... i mean chad... if that's your real name
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/21/2004  7:48 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

[IMG_block] http://msn.espn.go.com/i/columnists/ford_chad_m.jpg [/IMG_block]

Idiot Personified

I can't wait to see his face and hear whatever he has to say when the Knicks make a big trade for a BIG to make us a contender and later win a championship. I will have such a GREAT time!!!

Chad?
Knicks_Fan
Caseloads
Member: #41
12/21/2004  9:35 PM
Posted by MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK:

SO.... WHY DO YOU HATE US LAYDEN... i mean chad... if that's your real name
rofl
From ESPN INSIDER: (chad ford chat)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy