[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ariza's Scouting Report
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/20/2004  11:09 PM
Stole this off of RealGM thought you guys might like it. I did.

"Trevor’s greatest assets are his defense and his solid understanding of the game. At 6-8 he can handle the ball from end to end like a point. He sees the court very well and passes crisply, efficiently, and creatively. He’s a very strong rebounder for his size and likes to mix it up on both ends going up for boards. Plays the passing lanes with excellent instincts and will rarely be seen over-committing on a play. Along with Andre Igoudala, Trevor was one of the top perimeter defenders in the Pac-10 (and the entire NCAA), and almost always matched up with the other team’s best swingman. Trevor is also a great hustle player, he goes after every loose ball and is willing to do the dirty work to get the job done. One thing that really separates Trevor from other athletic players though, is his body control. On one play last year he caught an alley-oop pass on one side of the basket and proceeded to traverse his body in air and lay the ball in on the other side, all in mid air. His body control is somewhat reminiscent of Kobe’s, although it’s not quite at that level (I don’t think any NBA player’s is). Shooting is a strength and a weakness for Ariza. He’s an excellent groove-shooter, and when he’s on, he can get his spot-up J going. On any given night though, when he takes a few dribbles into his shot he’s quite good. His range goes out to about 18 feet at the moment, but it's improving. Trevor also does what just about every top prospect does well these days, run and jump like a maniac on a pogo stick (I’d put his vertical on the better side of 37’’). Right now Trevor is listed at 200 pounds according to most sources. Not much at all, as he lacks much needed NBA strength. But he has a very big and bony frame that could handle a lot more weight (40 or so pounds). He should put on about 20-25 pounds over the next couple years as he starts filling out. Which would do wonders for his game. Trevor has the competitive edge and killer instinct that separates the good players from the decent players, and his work ethic is top notch. He should develope into one hell of a player in the NBA."
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/21/2004  8:28 AM
Trevor Ariza: starting Small Forward for the Knicks in 2 years
Knicks_Fan
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/21/2004  8:36 AM
For the most part I agree.....except for the part about hsi hanndle being like a point guard. Absolutley not the case. IMO it is a weakness in his game.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/21/2004  2:33 PM
I like his handle. IMHO he does have PG skills when needed. He should be ready for PRIME TIME by next year.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/21/2004  3:08 PM
Does RealGM realize that if he put on 40 lbs, he will no longer have a 37" vertical, and probably not the body control they're raving about?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/21/2004  4:45 PM
[quote]
Posted by Panos:

Does RealGM realize that if he put on 40 lbs, he will no longer have a 37" vertical, and probably not the body control they're raving about?

Thats a very good report except the massive weight gain thing. His handle is good, but they go overboard with it, its good but raw. I would say he needs to work with weights and pit on just a 5% increase in bodyweight, but all muscle with added explosion. If he adds 7-8 pounds of muscle, he could actually increase his vertical lift. Kobe is a good example of aplayer who looks like they can actually explode higher towards the rim after putting on muscular size.

One thing is Trevor isnt going to be one of the ten rookies in the rookie game.
RIP Crushalot😞
Ariza's Scouting Report

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy