[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Buzz won't cut it Zeke needs results
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/20/2004  11:43 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/263709p-225775c.html.

I agree with the article to some extent. They can keep bringing up the money issue. But Marbury, Crawford, Sweetney, KT are the only ones that have contracts that exceed 07. Sure he added more salary at this point but the only players with long term contracts are the players we will count on in the future like Marbury, Crawford & Sweetney. In the Layden era thats that same time we were waiting for Eisley, Houston, Shandon, Spoons contracts to end.

Sure we will probably add more long term contracts by signing FAs & the draft. But im pretty sure it won't be any Andersons or Spoons. As long as Dolan is willing to pay it it really isn't that big of a deal since we have tradable pieces. Plus Norris-Hardaway-TT-Baker soon in there walking and we go from 108mil - 68mil. The next season Houstons 20mil comes off the books & Shandons buyout expires.

Anyway this team has played 14games that have come down to the wire out of 24. They will be very tough come playoff time. Hopefully we can add some more size by then though *cough* Dalembert *cough*.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/20/2004  11:52 AM
I disagree with the article just cause it's written by Mitch Lawrence. Has this guy ever had an insightful piece? I can't remember that I read one.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/20/2004  12:47 PM
I don't read him much but this article seems geared toward the casual fan who occasionally wants to know, "Hey what's up with the Knicks?"
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/20/2004  3:18 PM
If they are dead, critizise that they don't even give an effort to play. When thei give an effort, say they aren't even watchable. When they are watchable, say they aren't young and athletic. When they get younger and more athletic, say they don't win games. When they start winning games, say they aren't contenders and aren't close to a championship. Please, give them a break!

Im tired of this people believing that everything Isiah or the Knicks do is bad and never appreciating the good steps forward that have been done. We still aren't championship material, but who said we would be in the first year of Isiah being GM?! Who even said the Knicks would be above .500 with isiah? Who of this guys said that NY could get younger and athletic with Isiah? None! It was always impossible to trade anyone, and the Knicks would be losers for a long time. Now that things are starting to get together, suddenly its not enough! Give me a break!

We are making the right steps to become a contender soon. We are becoming a better team right now with every player's improvement. A good young Big man, a player with brain at SF and we could be there. It isn't really kool aid but, we should be happy we have a team thats interesting and is winning considering how we were a season ago.
Knicks_Fan
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/20/2004  3:28 PM
Good post, Knicksfan. And btw
Posted by Knicksfan:

a player with brain at SF

is already here. Ariza's going to be ready before long.
Knicksfan
USA
12/20/2004  3:50 PM
Posted by Marv:

Posted by Knicksfan:

I can't wait for his time to come!
Knicks_Fan
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/20/2004  4:03 PM
Posted by Marv:

Posted by Knicksfan:

Are you sure thats not too much faith Marv? I am not a good judge of yound talent so this might not mean much but I think he is about 2 years away from being a good starting SF.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Knicksfan
USA
12/20/2004  4:09 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Marv:

Posted by Knicksfan:

Are you sure thats not too much faith Marv? I am not a good judge of yound talent so this might not mean much but I think he is about 2 years away from being a good starting SF.

Well, we will have TT for another season after this one, so maybe he will then be ready for big minutes and a bigger role...

[Edited by - knicksfan on 12/20/2004 16:09:56]
Knicks_Fan
Panos
Member: #520
12/20/2004  4:53 PM
I guess that makes TT the scarecrow...
"If I only had a brain..."

Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/20/2004  5:12 PM
I think we are 2 pieces away from championship material. Acquiring those pieces would mean not giving much up though, because our team is solid if it were somehow possible to add pieces without losing key parts we would be there.

That, of course is not possible. I just love the knicks man screw that guy. We had a huge payroll when Zeke arrived which gave him 2 options

1. Cut salary by trading for expiring contracts and letting our expiring contracts fall off of the books. This approach would make our team worse than unwatchable. Think NJ nets b4 vince.

2. Make moves that don't reduce the payroll but make the team better. This is what he did. You can't have an unwatchable team in NY, fans don't want it and wont come to see the games. You use expiring contracts to acquire talent, ala Marbs and Craw. If no really good trades come our way, he could wait until the offseason and pick up some talent as well as use the expiring contracts to get some more.

If you don't understand that, you really don't understand the whole picture of NY basketball. This is NY, dolan is making more money than other owners so he can have afford a bigger payroll. Zeke is just doing what he can to make that payroll work for us to the best of his abilities. He is doing a fantastic job. We have a bonafied star in Marbs he is in his prime NOW in these next 3-4 years. Then we have a young soon to be all-star caliber player who is in a decent contract.
Then we also have to young up and coming guys in Ariza and sweets.

I have been a Knick fan since I was in the womb and not since we drafted Pat Ewing and Mark Jackson back to back did we have young talent on our team like we do now. Go Zeke and Go NY!!!!!!!!!!!1

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/20/2004  7:31 PM
my problem with writers that just rip for the sake of ripping is the same problem I have with fans that do it. Offer something constructive. If you hate Zeke's moves and wanted to see the Knicks stockpile picks and young players over the next couple years until Houston expires and the we are under the cap say so, but that requires some accountability and intellegence and its so much easier to just say "you suck."
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/20/2004  7:56 PM
Isiah has done more than anyone expected. It was widley assumed he would either blow it up, or Starphuch it.

He did the unexpected. Took a high payrole and made it sky high! Higher than anybody writer ever thought he would given carte blanche too.

This is something the NBA had yet to witness!

I wonder what we do now, give up the youth and try to win now, or keep going long by converting KT into youth.

Do we take two steps back to take 10 forward?

CWebb or Curry???

We might know soon enough!
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/21/2004  12:51 PM
My english teacher a couple yrs ago said that when u are writeing articles or reports or stuff like that u must be consistant and stay on topic. If its an article disagreeing with something then everything u write should be turned with a negative light. And if u are defending someone or something that everything must be in a positive light. I guess they just follow the same philosphy.

If they are dead, critizise that they don't even give an effort to play. When thei give an effort, say they aren't even watchable. When they are watchable, say they aren't young and athletic. When they get younger and more athletic, say they don't win games. When they start winning games, say they aren't contenders and aren't close to a championship. Please, give them a break!

I couldn't have said it better myself Knicksfan. Knicks will never be good enough until they win it all. NY has the most demanding media & fans. But with the ticket prices u can't blame them. Also Knicks are funny because say they are playing the Spurs. U are thinking alright this is one of the best team in the NBA and we are only a 500. team so they will probably hand us a but whooping. Then all of a sudden the game is close we have a 5 point lead with 2mins remaining and we all of a sudden blow the game. Now instead of thinking alright they played better than I thought they would. The Knicks now suck because they lost a winnable game, Wilkens needs to be fired, Zeke mortaged the future, Marbury isn't a leader, Crawford is a chucker, TT is fugazy, Houston is done forever.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Panos
Member: #520
12/21/2004  3:04 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

I couldn't have said it better myself Knicksfan. Knicks will never be good enough until they win it all. NY has the most demanding media & fans. But with the ticket prices u can't blame them. Also Knicks are funny because say they are playing the Spurs. U are thinking alright this is one of the best team in the NBA and we are only a 500. team so they will probably hand us a but whooping. Then all of a sudden the game is close we have a 5 point lead with 2mins remaining and we all of a sudden blow the game. Now instead of thinking alright they played better than I thought they would. The Knicks now suck because they lost a winnable game, Wilkens needs to be fired, Zeke mortaged the future, Marbury isn't a leader, Crawford is a chucker, TT is fugazy, Houston is done forever.

Well, no, TT is fugazy even if they win that game.
Buzz won't cut it Zeke needs results

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy