[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

excited about trade talks
Author Thread
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
2/20/2002  11:13 AM
Something needs to be done! No one can dispute that. All these rumors have got me excited, however, a deal will probably be made that hasnt been discussed ala- Childs-Jackson, Harrington-Strickland. I bet Layden pulls off a deal that no one has mentioned and hopefully it will be beneficial.
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/20/2002  12:01 PM
While a Van Exel/LaFrentz deal seems like a pipe-dream now, the best deal for us on the table right now is Sprewell and Camby to Phoenix for Marbury, Tsakalidis, Rogers, Wallace, and a future draft pick.

The NYPost said Espn reported a deal is in the works that would send Sprewell, Camby, and Ward in a deal to Phoenix for Marbury, Tsakalidis, and a #1 pick while Hardaway would go to Golden State for Jackson. The idea is there, but unfortunately the cap space is not and a lot of rearranging would have to be done to get that deal to work, which is why the first deal makes the most sense. I would probably even do it if it didn't include the draft pick.

Our line-up now would be Marbury, Houston, Rogers, Thomas, and Tsakalidis, with Jackson, Anderson, Weatherspoon, and Harrington coming off the bench. Then for next year just add a rookie like Yao Ming or Marcus Haislip(the next camby with a better shooting touch) and we will be a great team.

NYPost also said the Knicks could be looking to trade Jackson to Indiana for Austin Croshere and that would be a very good follow-up trade to the Marbury deal. I have also heard the Knicks are one of many teams interested in Toronto's Keon Clark.

With the deadline almost 24 hours away things are definetly getting intense so lets hope something good happens.
scylla
Member: #97
2/20/2002  12:11 PM
Unfortunately, the Post is just about the only publication still pushing the Marbury rumors, and they seem to cite nothing more than week-old Insider/Bskball.com reports that have since been thoroughly discredited. As much as everyone--Layden most of all, I'm sure--wants something to happen, it just doesn't seem like we have anyone all that exciting to offer, at least as far as the bigger-name players go. If the Suns want to move Marbury, they can do better than our offer. Likewise with Van Exel/LaFrentz, GS's big men, and so on. It seems the only plausible rumor is possibly one of the dullest moves ever--Dean Garrett (read: Felton, Jr.) for Charlie Ward. Just a new face to look at on the bench, and a little bit of cap-room.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/20/2002  12:27 PM
well, let's talk about at a Spree-Marcus for Marbury, Jake, Rogers and a pick. I like the trade, especially if a pick is included. Everyone seems to be down on Marbury, but I think he would be the right fit for the Knicks - spreads the floor, breaks down the D, handles the rock under pressure and can score at will. Better than Spree and a 60 game a year Camby.

Thoughts?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
scylla
Member: #97
2/20/2002  12:52 PM
Posted by martin:

well, let's talk about at a Spree-Marcus for Marbury, Jake, Rogers and a pick. I like the trade, especially if a pick is included. Everyone seems to be down on Marbury, but I think he would be the right fit for the Knicks - spreads the floor, breaks down the D, handles the rock under pressure and can score at will. Better than Spree and a 60 game a year Camby.

Thoughts?
I would volunteer to be his full-time designated driver if it would help get it done--there's no one I'd rather see playing for the Knicks (within reason, of course). From what I've read, though, it sounds as though Layden has been balking at giving up both Spree and Camby in one deal. Maybe that's something that will change as the deadline gets closer. But I don't believe that the Suns management disagrees with you, and that's the problem. Especially in the long view, no one can really argue that Marbury won't have more impact than an aging Spree and a part-time Camby. And since Phoenix is still suffering from last year's panic deal, I think they'd need a lot of convincing. To throw in a pick as well...I'd be surprised if they weren't trying to get our pick, or Golden State's, in any deal for Marbury.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
2/20/2002  1:45 PM
If a pick is given, I'm all for it. They may protect it from the top 15 or something and we'll cross our fingers that it'll become #16 (c'mon Stern, I know you can't give us the number one but you can pull this off right?). We could trade both picks up in combination with players (othella, kurt, whoever) to try to get an even higher pick. Should be fun, let's see if Layden has any cojones.
GucciKnick8
Member: #17
USA
2/20/2002  7:11 PM
Unfortunately, we can hang that trade up too. Rogers was trade with Delk to Boston.
"You never know here in New York, stuff can happen on any given day," - - -Marcus Camby23
excited about trade talks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy