[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dalembert will be tough to keep
Author Thread
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
12/18/2004  6:37 PM
He's unrestricted this summer and Philly is over the cap for atleast the next two years. His price is easily above Cardinal and Etan Thomas. O'Brien benched him earlier in the season, still only gets 20 min per game. Dalembert can't be happy with that in a contract year. Not to mention Philly is 9-13.

But he's a legit 6-11, 250 athletic center who got 8 boards, 2.3 blks in 25 minutes last year. Similarly impressive this season with 6.5 boards and 1.5 blks in 20 minutes. Slightly foul prone but has obvious potential on the defensive end.

If Philly falls out of playoff contention before the all-star break, they can be hand-cuffed. Plenty of catastrophic long term contracts -Mckie 6 mil over 4 yrs getting 1 ppg in 14 minutes, Skinner 5 mil over 3yrs getting 10 minutes, Ollie 3 mil over 4 yrs doesn't play, McCulloch with 6 mil over 3 yrs and retired.

Maybe 10-15 games down the line, when Philly is reeling, Kurt for Skinner and Dalembert would be my initial offer. If not, offer Kurt for MacCulloch and Dalembert, giving up a second rounder if necessary. Take Mckie only as a last resort.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/18/2004  6:43 PM
At this point, I would do KT/Nazr for Dalembert and extras.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/18/2004  6:46 PM
Posted by martin:

So would I. I have been watching the kid since he played at St.Patrick's and then at Seton Hall.
codeunknown
12/18/2004  6:59 PM
Posted by martin:

That should be unnecessary unless other bidders hike offers. When Philly considers the opportunity cost of losing him for nothing during free agency, they should bite on some cap relief and the consistency of Kurt + 2nd rounder. Is Philly willing to offer market value? - which I estimate at 55-60 million over 7 years.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
martin
USA
12/18/2004  7:30 PM
If Sweets continues his progression, he and Dalembert would do lots of damage. IF they progressed. They would make a very strong tandem.
martin
USA
12/18/2004  7:39 PM
the really good part in all of this is that the Knicks actually have tradable assets. KT and Nazr have reasonable contracts and are halfway decent bigmen. It's amazing.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/18/2004  8:45 PM
He's not unrestricted... he's restricted so any offer made can be matched by Phili, and they can go over the cap to do so. Out best bet is to engineer a sign and trade this offseason using Nazr and Baker's expiring deals. If you use Nazr's alone you can give Sam the same contract Crawford just got. I dont think that will do it. Dalembert's value will be in the 8-9mm range (see Boozer/Okur/Foyle/Dampier) and we should offer that right away. I would even take back a bad contract if I could keep our draft pick. Something like Moochie/Baker/Nazr (all expiring deals) for Dalembert (6 years, $55mm) and Keven Ollie.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
codeunknown
12/18/2004  9:39 PM
Posted by fishmike:

He's not unrestricted... he's restricted so any offer made can be matched by Phili, and they can go over the cap to do so. Out best bet is to engineer a sign and trade this offseason using Nazr and Baker's expiring deals. If you use Nazr's alone you can give Sam the same contract Crawford just got. I dont think that will do it. Dalembert's value will be in the 8-9mm range (see Boozer/Okur/Foyle/Dampier) and we should offer that right away. I would even take back a bad contract if I could keep our draft pick. Something like Moochie/Baker/Nazr (all expiring deals) for Dalembert (6 years, $55mm) and Keven Ollie.

Thats true - he is restricted, which gives them valuable time to assess his potential. And even then, they will cringe at matching an imposing offer this summer, as you said, possibly on the scale of Boozer/Dampier. 65 mil of payroll for a lottery spot.

Kurt and a 2nd rounder for Mckie and Delambert mid-season should work. The Nazr sign and trade offer doesn't work - it saves them much less because they receive the equivalent of Dalembert's new paycheck and fail to shed any bad contracts.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/18/2004  10:18 PM
dalembert clearly needs some work on the defensive end - believe it or not. the tools are there but after watching a couple of games, i can see why jim o'brien gets quickly frustrated with him. he often relies on his shot-blocking ability and lets the opposing player get position and doesn't play the pick and roll well at all. he's 6' 10" and can block shots. he has a nice build and is only going to get stronger. mark aguirre will make him a beast but watching him now, he needs work but nothing that can't be fixed.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/18/2004  10:19 PM
not true at all. Nazr's deal expires after next year, so they get a good center for a low cost who's 28 years old. Also you can use Mooch/Baker or both who are also expiring and take back Kevin Ollie or Kenny Thomas... something like that. I'm pretty sure Phili will have zero zilch nada interest in a 30+ player signed for 4 more years in KT. What sense does that make?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
codeunknown
12/18/2004  11:06 PM
Posted by fishmike:

not true at all. Nazr's deal expires after next year, so they get a good center for a low cost who's 28 years old. Also you can use Mooch/Baker or both who are also expiring and take back Kevin Ollie or Kenny Thomas... something like that. I'm pretty sure Phili will have zero zilch nada interest in a 30+ player signed for 4 more years in KT. What sense does that make?

An incredible amount of sense actually. Kurt will remain solid for the next 4 years, his game is shooting and position defense, he can run the pick and roll with AI. Replace Kurt with Nazr if you want. It doesn't make a difference. The idea is that the sign and trade part of your offer is not cost effective. Instead, they could deal Dalembert and Mckie (a worse contract that Ollie) for Nazr and Sundov without having to pay Moochie or Vin next year. Thats more than true, I think.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/18/2004  11:26 PM
were going to have to rely on getting our own big men i believe

hll look at stephen hunter tongight 8-9 19 points in 19 minutes. i checked and he is signed to a 2 year deal with a team option on year 2. ANYONE couldve had him this summer

we cant be so fixated on guards.
RIP Crushalot😞
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/18/2004  11:54 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

were going to have to rely on getting our own big men i believe

hll look at stephen hunter tongight 8-9 19 points in 19 minutes. i checked and he is signed to a 2 year deal with a team option on year 2. ANYONE couldve had him this summer

we cant be so fixated on guards.

He was the Center let free by the Magic, right? If thats the one, I still can't believe why Isiah didn't sign him if before the season started it was clear that we needed any size we could get.

I wish to land someone like Curry or Dalembert. And I think that we will have a good chance at landing the later...
Knicks_Fan
Dalembert will be tough to keep

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy