[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What happened to Raptors needing a star
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/18/2004  5:58 AM
in return for Carter? I kept saying that even the Raptors weren't dumb enough to think they could get a star for Vince. Not that Zo is a star, but Babcock said he would have even done the deal without Zo and that Zo was just included to "balance out" the trade (which probably means to make the salaries match.
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/18/2004  7:01 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

in return for Carter? I kept saying that even the Raptors weren't dumb enough to think they could get a star for Vince. Not that Zo is a star, but Babcock said he would have even done the deal without Zo and that Zo was just included to "balance out" the trade (which probably means to make the salaries match.

2 #1 PICKS ARE JUST AS GOOD FROM PHILLY AND THE PAPER CLIPPS and they picked up interior defense. How you gonna knock that.

Zo is gonna hold his own when he comes back.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/18/2004  7:37 AM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by Bonn1997:

2 #1 PICKS ARE JUST AS GOOD FROM PHILLY AND THE PAPER CLIPPS and they picked up interior defense. How you gonna knock that.

I CANNOT BELIVE THIS BUT I AGREE WITH PLAYA!! Toronto is getting what they want. Their front line was shot and now is rebuilt. Arron, Eric and Zo! I dont care about Zo as much but the cherry on top was the 2 1st rd draft picks. They did not make a bad trade at all.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/18/2004  8:18 AM
Lets see who they get with those first round draft picks...
Knicks_Fan
Bonn1997
USA
12/18/2004  8:32 AM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Maybe the pics are just as good but you were one of the people who kept rejecting trade proposals and kept saying that they needed a crowd pleaser/big name in the trade. That definitely didn't happen
playa2

12/18/2004  8:42 AM
Yes Bonn I did say that, but at the same time Jersey had 3 #1's and gave up two of them to Toronto , who would have ever thought that would happen.

Your trade proposals weren't giving up biggs with size and that's what Toronto needs.

[Edited by - playa2 on 12/18/2004 08:43:22]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/18/2004  9:16 AM
you got to be kidding right? toronto got what they wanted? come on man, Both williams are bench players, not startes, and zo is basically done, the picks are late first rounders, the raps got garbage.. they could of gotten TT and Penny, the knicks would have taken back rose also, the raps would have saved over 50 mil and could of, been in line to sign some FA's to add to bosh, and Alston....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
playa2

12/18/2004  9:28 AM
Posted by tkf:

you got to be kidding right? toronto got what they wanted? come on man, Both williams are bench players, not startes, and zo is basically done, the picks are late first rounders, the raps got garbage.. they could of gotten TT and Penny, the knicks would have taken back rose also, the raps would have saved over 50 mil and could of, been in line to sign some FA's to add to bosh, and Alston....

Late rd picks????

The two first round selections sent to Toronto were originally acquired from Denver as part of a trade made this past summer. The draft picks include Philadelphia’s first round pick in 2005, protected 1-8 or 2006, protected 1-5 or 2007, unprotected and Denver’s first round pick in 2006, protected 1-5, 2007, protected 1-2, 2008, unprotected.

Like I said it was worth it.

Bonn1997
USA
12/18/2004  9:30 AM
If the Raptors continue taking players like Araujo, it won't matter how many first round pics they have. The whole point of any trade I proposed where they'd get TT & Penny is that they'd save a lot more money than they are saving now and they'd have a lot of options with those players. They could let their salaries come off the books and have the cap room to get better big men than they can get with these draft picks; they could trade TT and Penny's expiring contracts this summer for big men too. Instead, they'll now have to use these picks much more intelligently than they did last summer when they had the #8 pick and chose someone who shouldn't be a 1st round pick
playa2

12/18/2004  9:47 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

If the Raptors continue taking players like Araujo, it won't matter how many first round pics they have. The whole point of any trade I proposed where they'd get TT & Penny is that they'd save a lot more money than they are saving now and they'd have a lot of options with those players. They could let their salaries come off the books and have the cap room to get better big men than they can get with these draft picks; they could trade TT and Penny's expiring contracts this summer for big men too. Instead, they'll now have to use these picks much more intelligently than they did last summer when they had the #8 pick and chose someone who shouldn't be a 1st round pick

How about more picks like Chris Bosh!

Araujo played in the WAC div in college, dude has never played against guys like this before with size and speed.

Give him a little time to adjust, like you would give sweeetney who played in the big east against better players.

Why would they take on TT and they need rebounders???
Bonn1997
USA
12/18/2004  2:01 PM
Why would they take on TT and they need rebounders???
Re-read what I wrote

If you have confidence in the Raptors' ability to draft intelligently, then the deal they did is better than the one I proposed. I wouldn't have much confidence in them.

How about more picks like Chris Bosh!
Bosh or Wade were no brainers. The picks they got are top 8 and top 14 protected. The Raptors are going to have to actually use their brains this time.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/18/2004  9:39 PM
I was listing on the FAN and I believe they mentioned that there might even be a buyout of Mournings contract?

I never thought Toronto needed to get an all star for Vince- but I kinda thought they would have gotten a bit more- they are in last place and have to be thinking about trying to build long term- maybe two draft picks was the most they were offered.

Would a Penny or TT & Sweets & pick been enough? I know all the Sweetney defenders would have screamed bloody murder
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/18/2004  10:34 PM
considering it doesn't look to be a strong draft, toronto got well below what they should have. they got 2 players with THREE year deals and buying out one doesn't really save them that much. they do get the 2 #1's but i think they're better off using one and trying to trade the other. i'm not sure what babcock is thinking but right now, they're building around skip, bosh, and possibly bonner.
What happened to Raptors needing a star

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy