Crawford the Clown.........
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/17/2004  10:02 PM
Tonite he was detached from reality!

His shot selection was pathetic! Clown like. I could not believe the off balance crap he was throwing up! Just Spewing nonsense!

Allan was crawling at the end, but a model of efficiency!
Allan lateral movement was not good tonite.

Dido, Ill say it again, its not who starts, but who finishes the game! Your boy JYD looked great!

Craw the Clown! Im not ready to give up on him!
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/17/2004  10:14 PM
He's only 24, he's still got to learn a few things about this game.
Streak shooters really aren't made for NY. Heroes one day, Shandons the next...but I'll gladly take him.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/17/2004  10:28 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

He's only 24, he's still got to learn a few things about this game.
Streak shooters really aren't made for NY. Heroes one day, Shandons the next...but I'll gladly take him.
There are streak shooters who take good shots but just can't hit them on a consistent basis. Then there are streak shooters who are streaky not because they can't hit shots but rather because they take stupid low percentage shots. Jamal is in the latter category. He's a streak shooter BY CHOICE because he chooses to take low percentage shots. Now that we have Allan and especially once we also have Penny, Jamal will have to be benched when he takes bad shots until he learns.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/17/2004  10:55 PM
One thing we must admit, he played very good defense on iverson the last two minutes of the game,as good as you could play him...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NYK3
Member: #725
USA
12/17/2004  10:55 PM
Say what you want about Crawford but he had a HUGE play for us tonight when he stole the ball back from AI late in the game when we were up by 1 and AI knocked the ball loose. If Iverson gets that steal Sixers up 1 and who knows what woulda happened.
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
TheloniusMonk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #705
USA
12/17/2004  11:23 PM
"Clown like?"

I don't get the comparson at all Nolad. Bad shot selection, granted....what does a clown have to do with a bball player's shot selection on the court? As a matter of fact what does a clown have to do with basketball period?
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
12/18/2004  12:04 AM
Barnum & Bailey.....MSG.....get it?
TheloniusMonk
USA
12/18/2004  12:21 AM
well i think your comparison is more clever than his. maybe he meant that and it was corny therefore i just didn't get it. if that's the case, then it's all good. otherwise, i'd stick to bball phrases when talking about bball. maybe it all comes down to my hatred of corny topic titles.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/18/2004  12:51 AM
not for nothing but during the biggest possessions of the game down the stretch, crawford did a great job on both rip and AI. his shot wasn't there today but the rest of the team stepped up for him so it's ok.

allan - there's nothing more to say. all those that hate him or criticize him can never say that he's a choker or can't hit the big shot. he's proven it his entire career.
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

12/18/2004  3:57 AM
like this is somethin new.. 70% of crawford's shots are idiodic its just that he makes some of them... i sitll hate it even when he makes em....... but seriously, i like the kids hustle and heart.. he just needs to wake up!!!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/18/2004  10:53 AM
If he could only keep working on that shot selection, he could be a great player. I still hope that with Allan here he can learn from him and take better shots in the future because once he does it, we have an All-Star...
Knicks_Fan
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
12/18/2004  10:55 AM
Posted by daddynel:

but yeah craw needs to learn stuff from allan sometime soon...
http://allknicks.com
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/18/2004  11:03 AM
Posted by teslawlo:
Posted by daddynel:

but yeah craw needs to learn stuff from allan sometime soon...
He should take advice on how to shoot from him.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Nalod
USA
12/18/2004  11:24 AM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

well i think your comparison is more clever than his. maybe he meant that and it was corny therefore i just didn't get it. if that's the case, then it's all good. otherwise, i'd stick to bball phrases when talking about bball. maybe it all comes down to my hatred of corny topic titles.

my dear good man, I so love the corny topic tittle. We must never collaborate on any writing!

I aplogize for any bastardization of the proper english language and poluting your eyes with my sophmoric attempt at humor! Shameful example of lower ****ney attempt to reach into the bowels of those dreadful Knick fans and attempt to be clever amung them! It is just so tempting to talk such a way in total disguise. I can be inhibited! So refreshing! But sir, I have so offended your senses to "vomit" such a corny phrase and to that I dearly sorry.

I must say good man that i find it so curious that such a thing would bother you so?

Oh, There are many out there, whom suffer from some repressed childlike fear of the Clown. The make up, the big shoes, the nose, and the abstract art of humor. All so corny also!

Or, your really having a bad moment and felt is nescessary to lash out. Have you never heard of some one whom is acting in a manor not becomming to the moment be reffered to as a "Clown"?

Could my use of applying "clown" actually make me a "clown"?

Or such a snit of annoyance to the term "clown" then mirror your behavior at the moment, and thus your annoyance of my "label", makes you a "Clown"?

If one would reread my post they would notice that I was referring to his shot selection. He played well in the last two minutes when he did not shoot. WHen he panics, he shoots. Some panic and stop their dribble. Some Pass. He shoots! His shots sucked LAST nite.

He was shooting in a manor at times not becoming to the moment, or the teams needs. Thus, Jamal was "clowing around" or in short, Acting the clown, or just the slang version, "Crawford the Clown....."

I also said I am not giving up on him.

I can imagine Lenny said go in, but for the love of god "stop clowning around out there! don't shoot!"
Pike
Member: #403
12/18/2004  11:33 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Give up on him? I was willing to trade him to Toronto for VC but, the kid's a rising star. He'll get it and has learned a lot the past two days. Marbury had some excellent insight into Crawford in today's paper. His shot selection must improve but, although yesterday was a setback, overall, he has made tremendous strides. He needs time. By the second half of the season, he'll be much better. You can teach Crawford what he still needs to learn but, you can't teach him the immense talent and physical ability he possesses.
Nalod
USA
12/18/2004  1:52 PM
Posted by Pike:
Posted by Nalod:

Give up on him? I was willing to trade him to Toronto for VC but, the kid's a rising star. He'll get it and has learned a lot the past two days. Marbury had some excellent insight into Crawford in today's paper. His shot selection must improve but, although yesterday was a setback, overall, he has made tremendous strides. He needs time. By the second half of the season, he'll be much better. You can teach Crawford what he still needs to learn but, you can't teach him the immense talent and physical ability he possesses.

Yes, I do beleive the kid has skills and will be fine. I said in the last day or so that he will need about 2 years before he is truly ready for prime time. About the time allan is off the books. As long as we have a 3 guard rotation, when he is stone cold, he should get the hook.

Shootig 4-17, 0-8 from 3pt land is like "what are you doing son?" "Clowning around!" Honk Honk! Craw the Clown! Ha Har Hee Haw!

Daddynel, Thanks for the barnum and baily link. I really was not going that route. Not that "clever". But you are!
TheloniusMonk
USA
12/18/2004  3:18 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

my dear good man, I so love the corny topic tittle. We must never collaborate on any writing!

I aplogize for any bastardization of the proper english language and poluting your eyes with my sophmoric attempt at humor! Shameful example of lower ****ney attempt to reach into the bowels of those dreadful Knick fans and attempt to be clever amung them! It is just so tempting to talk such a way in total disguise. I can be inhibited! So refreshing! But sir, I have so offended your senses to "vomit" such a corny phrase and to that I dearly sorry.

I must say good man that i find it so curious that such a thing would bother you so?

Oh, There are many out there, whom suffer from some repressed childlike fear of the Clown. The make up, the big shoes, the nose, and the abstract art of humor. All so corny also!

Or, your really having a bad moment and felt is nescessary to lash out. Have you never heard of some one whom is acting in a manor not becomming to the moment be reffered to as a "Clown"?

Or such a snit of annoyance to the term "clown" then mirror your behavior at the moment, and thus your annoyance of my "label", makes you a "Clown"?

If one would reread my post they would notice that I was referring to his shot selection. He played well in the last two minutes when he did not shoot. WHen he panics, he shoots. Some panic and stop their dribble. Some Pass. He shoots! His shots sucked LAST nite.

He was shooting in a manor at times not becoming to the moment, or the teams needs. Thus, Jamal was "clowing around" or in short, Acting the clown, or just the slang version, "Crawford the Clown....."

I can imagine Lenny said go in, but for the love of god "stop clowning around out there! don't shoot!"

Wow, you actually took up all that time and space to write this??? What do you do with your free time at home? Really. Why follow up one corny thing with another? Sit your happy *** down somewhere. You're obviously extra!
Nalod
USA
12/18/2004  9:11 PM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

Wow, you actually took up all that time and space to write this??? What do you do with your free time at home? Really. Why follow up one corny thing with another? Sit your happy *** down somewhere. You're obviously extra!

I type fast! A mind is a terrible thing.

Corn dogs for dinner, yum!
Nalod
USA
12/19/2004  10:12 PM
Maybe reduced min for craw?

He came up big when it counted.

I think if we give him the hook when he is just "clowning around"!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/19/2004  10:44 PM
no reduced minutes. So long as he's playing hard when his shot isnt falling you leave him in. His scoring is ultra explosive. He can get you right into a game and he's got other skills that this team needs.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Crawford the Clown.........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy