Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/19/2002  6:58 PM
From a Jack Ramsay article on ESPN...

http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/ramsay_drjack/1336425.html

The additions of Artest and Brad Miller gives the Pacers an improved front line of Miller, Artest and Jermaine O'Neal and strengthens their rebounding. I regarded Artest as the Bulls' best player. Although he can be wild with his game, he is one of the better small-guard defenders in the league when he plays within the team structure and keeps his emotions under control. Playing Miller and O'Neal up front will pose problems for other teams, who would have to play their center against Brad Miller and a big forward against O'Neal.

Uhg. I wonder how Weis-boy is doing. I am sure he is cutting it up as France's best player off the bench who's over 7 foot tall. Or something.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
scylla
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #97
2/19/2002  7:31 PM
Uhg. I wonder how Weis-boy is doing. I am sure he is cutting it up as France's best player off the bench who's over 7 foot tall. Or something.

I would imagine he and Ed Tapscott have rented a nice little pied a terre together. It would certainly explain a few things...
sandiegoknick
Member: #57
USA
2/19/2002  11:39 PM
I still can't believe Tapscott took Weis over Artest. I remember when Tapscott said he contacted Jerry West about if he should draft Weis. Tapscott said West said something to the effect that if you are going to make a mistake, make a big one. Well Tapscott made a big mistake. I still can't believe that one.

I just don't think the knicks are going to make any moves before the deadline.
Marvin "The Human Eraser" Webster
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/20/2002  12:06 AM
Posted by sandiegoknick:

I still can't believe Tapscott took Weis over Artest. I remember when Tapscott said he contacted Jerry West about if he should draft Weis. Tapscott said West said something to the effect that if you are going to make a mistake, make a big one. Well Tapscott made a big mistake. I still can't believe that one.

Clear cap now. Trade away Camby, Anderson and Eisley to Denver or the Suns for expiring contracts and an unprotected #1...
nykfan37
Member: #118
2/20/2002  12:27 AM
Who was tapscott(I know he was interim gm) but was he one of grunfield's assitants? and why didn't he keep his job?
nykfan37
2/22/2002  3:13 PM
Posted by sandiegoknick:

where did ya get this?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/22/2002  3:39 PM
Posted by nykfan37:

Who was tapscott(I know he was interim gm) but was he one of grunfield's assitants? and why didn't he keep his job?

yeah, I think he was assistant GM at the time.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
sandiegoknick
USA
2/22/2002  10:08 PM
Posted by nykfan37:
Posted by sandiegoknick:

where did ya get this?

Ed Tapscott was the assistant gm to grunfield. When Grunfield was fired he took over and he was the gm at the time of the draft. He was let go by checketts soon after the Weiss fiasco and replaced by Layden.
nykfan37
2/22/2002  10:42 PM
I mean where'd ya hear he called Jerry west? and why didn't he take his advice?
sandiegoknick
USA
2/23/2002  1:33 AM
Posted by nykfan37:

I mean where'd ya hear he called Jerry west? and why didn't he take his advice?
Actually, tapscott was interviewed after he made the draft pick and i remember him saying he contacted Jerry West. Apparently, he took West's advice because he drafted a big man. It was just a bad decision that we are still paying for. All he had to do was to draft Artest and we could have traded for him. Tapscott did not look at Weis enough to see that his game was week.
I hate analysis like this.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy