[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Screw Vince Carter, Let's Get Lamar Odom
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/17/2004  12:48 AM
yeah I'd hop on tha anybody but craw for odom bandwagon. Odom is serious and oversized and can do so many things. He is like what TT is supposed to be, but isn't. Can you imagine the pick and roll with marbs and a big guy who can dribble, pass and dunk it on you head?
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/17/2004  12:49 AM
Oh yea. I thought he was from NY this whole time. I feel betrayed. That seals it trade him for Vince.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
12/17/2004  1:07 AM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

Oh yea. I thought he was from NY this whole time. I feel betrayed. That seals it trade him for Vince.
lol, that's when i would start sending hate mail to zeke's house.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/17/2004  2:01 AM
Odom is serious and oversized and can do so many things. He is like what TT is supposed to be, but isn't
That's very well put. Odom is exactly what TT is supposed to be
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
12/17/2004  3:07 AM
Getting Odom would be awesome. The Lakers look like they need a backup PG, and a PF to replace Odom. They would also like to dump Grant's deal.

We can give them Norris, KT, who is a great fit with a pick and roll with Kobe, gives them two big men who can shoot and get out of the lane in Mihm and KT. Norris at leat gives them a legit backup ag PG.

Now how can we make this happen?

L.A. Lakers trades:
PF Lamar Odom (14.1 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 2.7 apg in 35.6 minutes)
C Brian Grant (4.5 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.1 apg in 16.0 minutes)
L.A. Lakers receives:
SF Tim Thomas (9.2 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.9 apg in 24.9 minutes)
C Kurt Thomas (11.7 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 1.6 apg in 36.0 minutes)
PG Moochie Norris (1.6 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.2 apg in 10.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.9 ppg, +0.9 rpg, and +0.9 apg.

New York trades:
SF Tim Thomas (9.2 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.9 apg in 24.9 minutes)
C Kurt Thomas (11.7 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 1.6 apg in 36.0 minutes)
PG Moochie Norris (1.6 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.2 apg in 10.5 minutes)

New York receives:
PF Lamar Odom (14.1 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 2.7 apg in 35.6 minutes
C Brian Grant (4.5 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.1 apg in 16.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -3.9 ppg, -0.9 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to L.A. Lakers and New York being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. L.A. Lakers and New York had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

You have been assigned Trade ID number 2084689

NY Lineup:
PG Marbury/Penny
SG Craw/Houston
SF JYD/Ariza
PF Odom/Sweetney
C Mohammed/Grant

LA Lineup:
PG Atkins/Norris
SG Kobe/Butler
SF TT/Jones
PF KT/Cook
C Mihm/Divac

How about this?

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
raven
Member: #316
Canada
12/17/2004  3:37 AM
excellent post bigsmooth.

in fact, everything that could put us far from a carter trade is a good post =) just kidding.

odom is a great player, you got him and here come the mismatches at the 3 or 4 depening on the opponents.

he can bound, and is a tremendous passer, has a jumpshot... now this guy on our squad would be lethal.

im all for it. trade sweet, give a first rounder, KT... let's go !
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/17/2004  9:15 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

screw odom; let's get lebron

Your on to somthing. It would be cheaper in the long run to just buy the Cleveland franchise and the operating rights to the arena. They can place a top minor league hockey franchise in the building, and gut the cavs. We can load them up with rookies to develop, and dump Mooch and Vin on them.

Marbs/McInnis
Big Z/Nazr
KT/Gooden
Lebron/TT (he plays 5 min a nite. We can't be so heartless to the city of Cleveland!)
H20/Craw

Swap Silas for Lenny also!

Cablevision then sells the package again, for say $350 million with a decent team, a nice hockey tenant, and assuming NBA franchise apprciate some in a year to offset what we did.

Stern in his greed turns the other cheek as NY is viable again!
MS
Member: #724
12/17/2004  9:42 AM
First off this trade will never happen, second if you would not to odom for crawford you should just leave this site for good, because thats plain stupid...

Odom is going to get you ten rebounds a game, plays the post shots the three handles the ball and can get people involved....

To make this deal really work you would have to do crawford, sweetney, and naz otherwise there is no point for the lakers....

Crawford/Atkins
Kobe
Butler
Naz/Sweets
Mihm/Divac

Knicks
Marbury
Houston
Thomas
Odom
Thomas

That trade actually has value, because you are gaining a little flexibility if you are the lakers...who made a stupid trade with Miami to begin with...

They would have been better off trying to trade him for Nash, Jamison, and Howard...Who cares how good the mavs would be.

Nalod
USA
12/17/2004  10:35 AM
I can't imagine that Craw and Kobe could possibly co-exist for the good of the team.

Kobe benefits with a pure pass first Point.

I hate to say it, but would the Lakes have any interest with Marbs as the centerpiece for a trade for Odom? KT-Marbs-Mooch (we pay his way) for Odom, Luke and cap filler?

Can Craw and Allan co-exist? Can Craw become a real point guard? He is so quick!

MS
Member: #724
12/17/2004  10:48 AM
Moving Marbury only makes sense if you can bring in Jason Kidd, and we can't so i would wait another before you make any deals, stay put this year whatever happens....

Next year you have a matured Sweetney hopefully in better shape, a better Crawford hopefully with a little added muscle, Naz, TT, Penny all in the last years of their deals, so you have plenty of assets to make this team better, and houstons contract will be nearing the end....

Teams are always looking to retool, and if you wait long enough and have the right assets something usually falls into place
newyorknewyork
12/17/2004  10:59 AM
Kobe & Crawford play the same positon. And both love to shoot they would not workout. Kobe didn't like to give the ball up to SHAQ u think he would want to share the ball with another wing player like Crawford who doesn't have a great shot selection. It would only work out in a 3 team deal. Crawford & KT to Denver, Martin to LA, Odom to NY.

TT-Sweetney-KT-Muhammad for Odom & Grant works for both teams. Tim Thomas would actually be perfect for Kobe. Tim Thomas would be satisfied with whatever scraps Kobe gave him and not complain. They unload Grant's salary they add in young guys like Muhammad & Sweetney who also would fit Kobe's play as they would go after what ever Kobe misses. KT is a solid vet. And stats wise we are giving up way more than we are getting back. Though we all know Odom is more of an impact player than all these guys.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/17/2004  11:58 AM
only if we got Mihm who averages 1.5 blks a game even then I'm not sure I'd do the trade
Ray15
Member: #668
12/17/2004  1:57 PM
Big Smooth,

I love this move! Odom would bring this team to the next level. Would a package of TT, Sweetney, Ariza, Moochie, cash and a second rounder bring Brian Grant and Lamar Odom? I would even be willing to sub KT in for Moochie and get another low contract guy from the Lakers. I think that's a pretty hard deal for the Lakers to turn down but it puts us right up there competing for the East.

Imagine Marbury, Crawford, and Odom at the 1,2,3. Every one of those guys has the ballhandeling and vision to run the point -- they have all ran the point at different times in their careers. Odom would fit in so well playing the 3 and the 4. He gives us more than double the rebounds of TT, takes better shots, can play in the post, push the ball, will find the open man, and play MUCH better defense. Isiah talked after the Nets series about getting other guys to bring the ball up.

Marbury, Crawford, Odom, BGrant, Nazr with Houston, JYD, Penny, and Baker off the bench. Our frontline is definitley thin but Odom can play the 4 (and be very effective) Nazr can log 40 mins a night and Baker, with play, may get himself into playing condition.

This move does not mortage our future because Odom is so young. However, we give up on 2 solid prospects with potential for a top 20 talent in the league. This team would resemble Seattle with just better players. As Crawford grows and settles into his game, watch out.
Defense and Toughness
Nalod
USA
12/17/2004  2:29 PM
Amazing this Odom talk just takes on a life of its own.

we have yet to say how great it will be when "Aguire works with him!"

Then we argue over how good sweets will be!

Then how much Isiah will teach Odom.

Marbury straight up for Odom would not even do it for the lakers, let alone the crap we are offering for him.
JUNKMEIN
Member: #797
12/17/2004  2:33 PM
I could definitely see the premise you (Fish) put forward playing out in LA (Kobe and Odom falling out, thusly Odom shipped out). I definitely like a trade for Odom. However, I don't like a trade for Odom or anyone else that includes Ariza, Sweetney, Muhammad or Crawford in any combination (meaning no two of them together for anyone but Garnett, Shaq, Duncan, period). Nonetheless, I think the reality of the situation is that Isiah won't trade any of these guys (Muhammad also because we have no one else at C). They're his players and he'll show a certain amount of loyalty towards them and they're unlikely to be traded. That leaves Tim, Kurt, Penny, Vin, Moochie and (can't believe it...Houston (salary). I think there was validity to the rumors about Vince to NY because Isiah was offering Tim and the other fellas (not the keepers). Why, because as has been rehashed a trillion times the Knicks will take Rose to get Carter and no one else will. Isiah imo is playing the waiting game (waiting for TOR to toss in their cards). Odom for our keepers...highly unlikely.
newyorknewyork
12/17/2004  4:30 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Amazing this Odom talk just takes on a life of its own.

we have yet to say how great it will be when "Aguire works with him!"

Then we argue over how good sweets will be!

Then how much Isiah will teach Odom.

Marbury straight up for Odom would not even do it for the lakers, let alone the crap we are offering for him.

The fact that we would be willing to take Grants huge contract would make it attractive. In the deal I proposed we are giving up a young prospect in Sweetney who was pick #2 in espn I think as a future break out player, cap relief, and productive bigs. Odoms a stud be adding Grant takes him down a big notch. Plus he was hit with injures for 2 straight yrs before that playing a combined 78games in those 2 yrs.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/18/2004  4:50 PM
Posted by MS:

First off this trade will never happen, second if you would not to odom for crawford you should just leave this site for good, because thats plain stupid...

Posted by Killa4luv:

yeah I'd hop on tha anybody but craw for odom bandwagon. Odom is serious and oversized and can do so many things. He is like what TT is supposed to be, but isn't. Can you imagine the pick and roll with marbs and a big guy who can dribble, pass and dunk it on you head?

i actually meant anybody but marbs, i had to read the entire thread to see if I was being sarcastic or something. I actually had to think if I was on some kind psychotropic drug or something. I'd give up Craw for way less than Odom. In all reality Craw would have to be combined with someonelse who was talented to make it happen anyway.

MS, I agree totally, I don't need any convincing when it comes to him. We should have made a run at him when he was a clipper.
Screw Vince Carter, Let's Get Lamar Odom

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy