[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Screw Vince Carter, Let's Get Lamar Odom
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
12/16/2004  6:34 PM
I don't understand the hang-up on Vince Carter. Why does anybody want him? He's selfish, lazy, doesn't play hard all the time, and isn't half the player he used to be.

Before his injuries Carter was a great player. Now, look at him. He shoots WAY below his career average, can't even jump, and is shooting baseline-fadeaways half the time. Why anyone wants him AND Jalen Rose is beyond me. Crawford and Marbury are starting to get some good chemistry, you need Houston's outside shooting, WHY DO THE KNICKS NEED ANOTHER SWINGMAN?

Seriously, look at this roster. Excluding Marbury, Norris, Kurt Thomas, Nazr Mohammed, and Vin Baker, here are the players who can play either 2 or 3: Allan Houston, Jamal Crawford, Jerome Williams, Trevor Ariza, Tim Thomas, Penny Hardaway. That is 6 players. Now you want to add 2 more? This makes no sense.

In Bill Simmons' latest article (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/041216), he wrote about how Lamar Odom hates playing in LA.

"But the biggest potential problem is Lamar Odom, who looks like he absolutely HATES playing with Kobe.

Believe me, I've been watching them all season -- partly because I'm so fascinated by Kobe's surreal attempt to be gregarious and supportive, partly because it's so darned enjoyable to root against them -- and poor Lamar is slowly getting the Private Pyle Face. During the Clips game, with Kobe on pace for a shot a minute -- he finished with 32 shots in 37 minutes -- Odom snapped in the third quarter and started screaming at everyone: Kobe, Rudy T., Atkins, you name it. "GET ME THE (EXPLETIVE) BALL!" How could you blame him? He knew he could take Moore off the dribble. So they ran a few plays for him and Odom scored eight of the next ten points: Easy points, too. He could have scored 40 against this Clippers team; nobody could guard him.

Well, guess what? Kobe didn't like that. He launched the final three shots of the quarter.

Needless to say, I don't see this ending well. Odom proved in Miami that he's one of the top-25 players in the league. He isn't someone you want standing 25 feet from the basket watching Kobe going one-on-three. It's a waste of his considerable talents. That's why he's going to snap soon. I wish there was a way to wager on this, but I bet Odom will start bitching about Kobe behind closed doors. Then Kobe will react poorly, start pulling his puppet strings to get Mitch Kupchak to do something ... and suddenly you'll see old Lamar heading somewhere else for 75 cents on the dollar. If Odom is smart, he should speed the process up and hit on Kobe's wife after a game. Somebody needs to send him a cowboy hat and some boots."

Why not go after Odom? This is a player who can change things. He played very well in the Olympics, extremely well with Miami last year (17 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 block). He's a gamble (with regards to his drugs, not injuries or bad attitudes), but he changes the game and can play in the front court.

Would you trade Kurt Thomas, Mike Sweetney, and Moochie Norris for him? KT would be good with Kobe off the pick and roll, Sweetney would provide a nice boost for them inside, and Norris is a solid backup PG.

The Knicks run Marbury, Crawford, and Houston in the backcourt, Penny, when healthy, can fill in on the perimeter at 2 or 3, JYD and Timmy can play either forward, and Odom plays any frontcourt position:
PG: Marbury
SG: Crawford, Houston
SF: TT, Penny
PF: Odom, JYD
C: Mohammed, Baker

I think this is a move that puts the Knicks over the top. It's realistic, it gives the Knicks a FRONTCOURT player and not another injured, over-the-hill wingman. Give it two months when the Lakers are struggling and the Knicks are on that cusp of being a legit team and I think it could get done.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/16/2004  6:42 PM
Nice change from the VC scenarios.
I don't think LA would agree to anything we would offer. Definately would refuse to trade Crawford.
BigSm00th
USA
12/16/2004  6:48 PM
I don't think they would now, but if the Knicks wait until around January when the Lakers are toiling around .500 and Odom and KB hate each other, I think it could be reality.

Odom's from Queens, he wants to get back on the East Coast, and if he really hates Kobe and Kobe hates him, I don't think its a bad deal for the Lakers. Thomas is averaging 11 and 8, Sweetney has looked good in his minutes, and they need pointguard help.
#Knickstaps
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/16/2004  6:50 PM
I likey. But do the Lakers want him gone well not so much Lakers but Kobe. Come on Kobe work you magic and run Odoms out of LA just like Shaq, Malone and Phil.
turtle33
Member: #537
Canada
12/16/2004  6:50 PM
how do you make it happen? i love odom's game (1 of only 2 jerseys i own) but i would rather play him at sf (huge match up problems for the other team).

what do the lakers need?

might need a 3 team deal
BigSm00th
USA
12/16/2004  6:52 PM
Lakers need people that work with Kobe. Why they don't just put him at point guard, get a true shooter at 2, a defender at 3, a guy to run the pick and roll at 4, and a good defender at 5. Kobe can kick it to the shooter or run the pick, and other than that just take all of his shots he's already taking.
#Knickstaps
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/16/2004  6:55 PM
No player I wouldnt give up for Odom including Crawford.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Stevo718
Member: #559
12/16/2004  7:20 PM
Well this is my Christmas wish starting lineup for next year...

Marbury
Crawford/Houston
Artest/Odom
Odom/Sweets
New Center/Nazir

Thats championship right dur.
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
12/16/2004  7:20 PM
I like it, I think Odom is an underrated guy even after having a good year in miami and signing a huge contract with them. He's still young, he's extremely talented, and he can do a little bit of everything. A change of scenes back to the east would mean that he could again almost-dominate in the paint, like he did with miami last year.
http://allknicks.com
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/16/2004  7:55 PM
Posted by Stevo718:

Well this is my Christmas wish starting lineup for next year...

Marbury
Crawford/Houston
Artest/Odom/(other player)
Odom/Sweets
New Center/Nazir

Thats championship right dur.

Insert Dalembert in that Center spot . And be sure to add Ariza as a backup 3 because if you have Artest on your team, you must have a good backup ready for big minutes anytime...
Knicks_Fan
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/16/2004  8:43 PM
Posted by fishmike:

No player I wouldnt give up for Odom including Crawford.
What about Marbury?
fishmike
USA
12/16/2004  8:43 PM
we dont have much to offer LA except $$$ relief

If you send them KT/Nazr/TT for Grant and Odom they save over $40mm in future salary, $15mm of it will be to a gimpy Grant in the last year of his deal.

The Lakers just arent that good either way, and all I hear about is Kobe this Kobe that so its hard to read where their actual team is.

We trade our whole front court and look something like this for the rest of the year:

pg Marbury
sg Crawford
sf Houston
pf Odom
c Grant
with JYD, Sweetney, Ariza, Baker, Mooch, Penny and Bruno rounding out the roster.

No brainer for us... dont really see how it helps LAL except make them bigger and save them $$$

Hey.. that looks kinda like the Heat last year only more expensive
fishmike
USA
12/16/2004  8:45 PM
no.. right now Marbury is the only untradable guy on the roster, unless Duncan, Garnett, Dirk, Jermain or someone of that caliber is on the way out. Notice they are all big...
Bonn1997
USA
12/16/2004  8:58 PM
Posted by fishmike:

no.. right now Marbury is the only untradable guy on the roster, unless Duncan, Garnett, Dirk, Jermain or someone of that caliber is on the way out. Notice they are all big...
I agree. I assumed that's what you meant but I wasn't sure.
Bonn1997
USA
12/16/2004  9:03 PM
screw odom; let's get lebron
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/16/2004  9:20 PM
BigSm00th, that is SUCH a fine post!!! I agree with every single freakin stinkin word you said. Plus you quoted Simmons who is mad funny.
Bonn1997
USA
12/16/2004  9:24 PM
if you really have your heart set on Lamar Odom, we'd probably have a better chance of getting him by trading Vince for him than by trading any player (other than Marbury) that we currently have
turtle33
Member: #537
Canada
12/16/2004  10:06 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

if you really have your heart set on Lamar Odom, we'd probably have a better chance of getting him by trading Vince for him than by trading any player (other than Marbury) that we currently have

this is one of the main reasons why i might want vince. he is tradable to alot more teams than say allan houston.

could you imagine kobe and vince on the same team??????????

is there enough tissue in la for those 2 cry babies????????

i however would still want odom to play sf for us

here is my christmas wish list

c-dalembert, diop
pf-nazr, sweets
sf-odom, ariza
sg-craw, h2o
pg-steph, any pg who can play good D
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/17/2004  12:31 AM
I would be estatic if we were to land Odom he would be so perfect for us. He is from NY and Zeke loves adding guys who were born here like Marbury & Crawford. Odom has allways wanted to come back home.

Id give up TT, Sweetney, Nazr & KT for Odom & Brian Grant.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
12/17/2004  12:39 AM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

I would be estatic if we were to land Odom he would be so perfect for us. He is from NY and Zeke loves adding guys who were born here like Marbury & Crawford. Odom has allways wanted to come back home.

Id give up TT, Sweetney, Nazr & KT for Odom & Brian Grant.
jc if i'm not mistaken is from wash. now odom though would be real nice. real nice.
Screw Vince Carter, Let's Get Lamar Odom

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy