[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

diop and wagner update (repeat)
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/16/2004  4:14 PM
If its a lottery pick I would do that yes. Knicks would take a lot of flack for it I dont care. If we could get a top 8 pick we could parlay that into a bigtime player, like Wash did with Jamison.

That would be a GREAT opportunity to get Elton Brand. Offer say the #4 pick, TT's expiring deal, cash and Sweetney. Then you still have the Knicks #1 and you shoot for Steven Hunter w/ the MLE
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/16/2004  4:19 PM
that's my thinking fish...& even if you can't trade the pick, you still have 2 1st rounders to re-work this team via the draft...imagine adding a Hakeem Warrick & a bigman prospect to this current roster...we'd have tons of great, young tradeable assets for Isiah to play with.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
turtle33
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #537
Canada
12/16/2004  9:50 PM
i'm watching the cavs vs detroit right now (in high def i might add) and diop doesnt look bad. he is definatly raw, but he tries and is fast...........and huge. he looks a little lost at times, i think with some direction and teaching from our "big coaches" he could be something.

i would do a kt for wagner and diop for sure. maybe we could get a second rounder from them aswell.

i guarentee he would be better than baker or sundov. he can block like crazy, he's a 7 footer with "long arms for a man of his height".
if someone could teach him the art of rebounding and a few post moves...........its a good trade for our future.

wagner on the other hand is useless for us, but could prbably be moved.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/16/2004  10:02 PM
wagner on the other hand is useless
I'm watching him too. He looks absolutely awful. The announcer just said that "Wagner has never been able to get into a rhythym in his career." Man, that's a polite way of saying he's had a disasterous career
turtle33
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #537
Canada
12/16/2004  10:09 PM
i'm stuck watching lion king for the 7th time today (kids), so i havent seen wagner yet tonight, sounds brutal though.

what do you think of diop in this game? i got him at 2 rebounds and a block in 6 minutes, with no fouls i might add.
Bonn1997
USA
12/16/2004  10:32 PM
Diop looks decent. Nothing special but I think he could be a decent role player right now
Bonn1997
USA
12/16/2004  10:35 PM
Posted by fishmike:

If its a lottery pick I would do that yes. Knicks would take a lot of flack for it I dont care. If we could get a top 8 pick we could parlay that into a bigtime player, like Wash did with Jamison.

That would be a GREAT opportunity to get Elton Brand. Offer say the #4 pick, TT's expiring deal, cash and Sweetney. Then you still have the Knicks #1 and you shoot for Steven Hunter w/ the MLE
You don't want to re-sign Ariza? Or do you think we can get both Hunter and Ariza with the MLE?

(This is why I wanted to use the remaining $1.4 mil per yr for 3 yrs of the MLE on Ariza instead of the league min contract; then we wouldn't even be having this discussion.)
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/17/2004  12:10 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I like Steven Hunter because I think we can get him for the MLE, and we can use Nazr in a sign and trade for one of the other guys.

But this is adding a couple guys around 22-24 years old.

I would definitely do the trade for diop and wagner and a pick. KT is probably right at his peak now, if we could get more for him we would have it by now he has been on the block for like 3 years now!!

Wagner could still turn out to be something. He is a scorer and I have not written him off he is so young still. You must remember he has put up some numbers in this league his rookie year 33 points his rookie season against toronto and was averaging 13 points a game. The biggest thing that happened to him was an injury and a decline in his minutes after Lebron arrived.

He has iverson-like potential and is taller and stronger than him. Uunlike Ivo, however, he should start learning to run the point sooner rather than later. Marbs may be able to pull him under his wing and help to develop him.

Diop is 7 feet and 280!!!!!!! That has got to be worth something. He just needs to jump, block shots and catch a dunk every once in a while. Plus with the pick we might snag something nice as well. Its about potential. You give up one thing proven and at its peak for 3 possibilities no where near their peaks which are hopefully very high!!!

Worst case scenario is they all suck and we wipe their salaries off the books or trade expiring contracts for something else. We have got to get rid of Kurt at some point and I have a feeling if we wait too long we wont be able to trade him or get anything for him.

Sweets has got to learn sooner or later, why not sooner?
diop and wagner update (repeat)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy