[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jamal Crossover and Starbury........
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/16/2004  9:19 AM

All the excitement of how Jamal can score 50 pts and he is the next "RIP" is all fine, but the reason the bulls did not want to pay up is he is a wild child. This does not change "overnite" and he is technically a backup to Allan. IF miss gazy had any game left, that is how it would play out. The idea was to "culture" Jamal to take better shots. No one complains when he hits those game winners, but when the game is on the line it like run him out of town or hang him high! Give it time fellas!

Marbury also is a work in progress. Last nite he was selfish wanting to take it to the Pistons and show them up at times. He was calling for the ball at one time in the 4th qtr and was egged on by the detroit bench for Rip or Billups to push him left, and he did,and pulled a real nice shot. He stared down the bench. That was when the game was lost! Marbs lost control of the game when he took the game to the pistons, instead of letting it come to him and controling the tempo!

These are the mistakes I expect these two to make, and get it better over the next 2 years. Thats right, two years! Last nite was a learning experience and those two cracked under pressure. They will progress, but also have setbacks! They don't get rid of their reputations overnite!

Lets be real also, we are not a tier one team just yet!

For Sweets, He does not look right these days. Maybe he is hurting, but the fouls pile up quick jon him, and his body language during timeouts is really dejected. Don't just blame lenny, we have a slew of coaches and a GM very much involved in many phases of this team. I don't think Lenny is just all stupid about Sweets, there is a plan before each game and a reason why some play, and some don't.

Last nite was a playoff type game with a short rotation. Allan looked nice and will still need 10 games or so to get it together. If he can go at SF that would be huge.

The difference last nite was not Craws bad shot, or Marbs not just getting the ball under control, but the veteran leadership and understanding of the pistons to control the ball and come up with the big plays under pressure. They are the defending champs! They know how to win.. Look at the nite before. We could not put away the Nets early for good in the 4th quarter.

We played a nice game last nite, in time we will develope that winning knowlege.

Once your not a bunch of "losers" does not mean your a winning team. They have progressed, but need to learn how to win!
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/16/2004  9:48 AM
Nalod we can wait as long as we want, but you can't have two young guns who take games personal at the end of the game to get more street cred, Houston and Steph would be a better balance.

VC and Steph wouldn't be bad either, two youngins in our guard structured team will not win squat come playoff time,Oh I forgot some still want to wait.........
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Nalod
USA
12/16/2004  10:18 AM
Yes, Craw should be allans back up for now!

We need a freaking SF who can shoot, that is why the the three of them will be on the floor for now.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/16/2004  10:22 AM
exactly Playa instead of focusing on Crawford who actually gave us 25pts how about focusing on TT and hoping that H20 starts at SG on friday! I was too sick to check the boxscore..how many points did TT have in the 2nd half? Oh wait he had Zero points and still played 30min!!!!

Houston had 17pts in 21min!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 12/16/2004 10:28:40]
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/16/2004  10:51 AM
I'm focused on JC because we new what we were getting at sf KVH or TT.

Sg is a different monster, Houston with steph would be a better mix and other teammates might get into the game.

With JC guys are standing around looking at him like it's a side show or something.

While in the mean time out of position for rebounds.

If I had JC on my Fantasy team I wouldn't mind him at all
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
12/16/2004  11:17 AM
Almost everything you have said is true except for below. I can't believe that you are atually criticizing Marb, you have even claimed that Marb lost us last night's game by being selfish. Dude you are wrong right there. Marburry kept us in the game in the second half. In fact he should have been much more selfish. He took his time to assert himself. He knew that early on Crawf and Houston were hitting their shots, he went through them. However, at the end, Marb clearly should have had the ball in his hands.

Marbury also is a work in progress. Last nite he was selfish wanting to take it to the Pistons and show them up at times. He was calling for the ball at one time in the 4th qtr and was egged on by the detroit bench for Rip or Billups to push him left, and he did,and pulled a real nice shot. He stared down the bench. That was when the game was lost! Marbs lost control of the game when he took the game to the pistons, instead of letting it come to him and controling the tempo!

These are the mistakes I expect these two to make, and get it better over the next 2 years. Thats right, two years! Last nite was a learning experience and those two cracked under pressure. They will progress, but also have setbacks! They don't get rid of their reputations overnite!

The true Knickabocker..........
mattinNH
Member: #695
12/16/2004  11:45 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Almost everything you have said is true except for below. I can't believe that you are atually criticizing Marb, you have even claimed that Marb lost us last night's game by being selfish. Dude you are wrong right there. Marburry kept us in the game in the second half. In fact he should have been much more selfish. He took his time to assert himself. He knew that early on Crawf and Houston were hitting their shots, he went through them. However, at the end, Marb clearly should have had the ball in his hands.

I agree. Marbs was correct in calling for the ball at that point. Everyone was cold. He took it upon himself to energize teh team, and that is what he did for a short time. Besides, I'd rather have a Marbury driving strong to the hoop instead of Crawford shooting another gut wrenching well-defended fadewaway anyday.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/16/2004  11:47 AM
or even kicking it back out to Jamal or H20
Nalod
USA
12/16/2004  11:48 AM
Yes, but the big picture is to get the team going, not always being the spark plug. Getting the ball and doing an Iso is not team oriented.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/16/2004  12:03 PM
Nalod! no disrespect, but I don't think your analogy of Marb is right at all. Marb has been the maestro of our team. Crawf, Houston, Nazr, and most of all Kurt have earned their points mainly because Marb has created a good shooting lane for them. Give credit where credit is due. Even JYD made a crazy looking shot from an excellent delivery by Marb. He is making everyone around him better. Now, Lenny failed to put the ball in his hands at the end of the game, and you see what happened.

Posted by Nalod:

Yes, but the big picture is to get the team going, not always being the spark plug. Getting the ball and doing an Iso is not team oriented.
The true Knickabocker..........
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/16/2004  12:18 PM
Excellent post Nalod, it is funny how crawford is hailed as king when he makes game winning shots and then he is impaled once he takes a bad shot... I am seeing this on everysite I go to... Patience is needed, he will not shed all of his bad habits overnight, both lenny and It know that craw and marbury are loaded with talent, and still unfufilled potential, you are going to have your highs and lows... patience is needed..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
USA
12/16/2004  1:39 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Nalod! no disrespect, but I don't think your analogy of Marb is right at all. Marb has been the maestro of our team. Crawf, Houston, Nazr, and most of all Kurt have earned their points mainly because Marb has created a good shooting lane for them. Give credit where credit is due. Even JYD made a crazy looking shot from an excellent delivery by Marb. He is making everyone around him better. Now, Lenny failed to put the ball in his hands at the end of the game, and you see what happened.

Posted by Nalod:

IM talking about one play, in one game, that IMHO changed the tempo of the game. It did not spur the team on further, they ended up losing.

Marbs is dong an excellent job this year, and its a learning process.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
12/16/2004  2:58 PM
I like this team

Nalod...sorry, I read this late, I've been all over this board explaining that same thing...Marbs kind of flubbed it in the second half trying to take over, he missed an open h20, the refs gave him no calls, etc.

I like this team

Another game to learn from.

I like this team

Starting the game with TT (other coaches are still afraid to go at him because of his length) and will continue to rotate with H20, and eventually H20 will be the starter again (17 points in 20 minutes...awesome)

I like this team

Craw will like coming off the bench, he will be given the green light pretty much and will be with the Rebounding machines Ariza, JYD and Sweets, and will have Marbs or H20 in the back court with him (he's a back up PG as well).

Have I mentioned I like this team?
all kool aid all the time.
Nalod
USA
12/16/2004  4:27 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

I like this team

Nalod...sorry, I read this late, I've been all over this board explaining that same thing...Marbs kind of flubbed it in the second half trying to take over, he missed an open h20, the refs gave him no calls, etc.

I like this team

Another game to learn from.

I like this team

Starting the game with TT (other coaches are still afraid to go at him because of his length) and will continue to rotate with H20, and eventually H20 will be the starter again (17 points in 20 minutes...awesome)

I like this team

Craw will like coming off the bench, he will be given the green light pretty much and will be with the Rebounding machines Ariza, JYD and Sweets, and will have Marbs or H20 in the back court with him (he's a back up PG as well).

Have I mentioned I like this team?

Craw should come off the bench and get the hook when he stinks it up. Its suppose to be the 3 guard system.

Do yo believe the amount of malcontents with the trade ideas today?
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
12/16/2004  5:19 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Craw should come off the bench and get the hook when he stinks it up. Its suppose to be the 3 guard system.

Do yo believe the amount of malcontents with the trade ideas today?

Exactly my point...he knows he's coming off the bench and that provides lenny with the ability to give the quick hook, but he also is hot hot hot at times, so he can fill in when on of our starting 3 get in foul trouble or isn't hitting his shot (recently timmy and timmy)

H20 proved to me he's almost 100% and is deadly still...his shots all go in the basket, and some occasionally pop out, but he never put's up a tt clunker.

With respect to the trigger happy fan board, it's good to read it from you guys than from Lupica (the sky is falling) or the other guys...I know you guys are true fans, so it's all good...but I think I may restrict my board viewing to only after wins.

Today was a tough one.

We have the deepest team in the east...once everyone realizes that Miami is doing it with mirrors and flash bulbs (can you even name their power forward still?!?!?) they will fade (wade is already hobbled with a sprained ankle that will last all season) and everyone else is mediocre like the knicks...but the knicks are deeper.

And tiny tim has to snap out of it sooner or later.
all kool aid all the time.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/16/2004  6:19 PM
this arguement starts and ends with Tim Thomas....

If Timmy was playing well Craw goes to the bench.....since Timmy is the worst thing since Shandon Anderson, Craw must start and he has to continue to be aggressive offensively......Craw was playing a great game till he lost his mind on that last shot.

Craw, Marbs and Houston look great together.....Nazr and KT are hitting the boards good so it's a nice balance.....

the talent is there it's just a matter of communication.

hopefully it will click soon.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/16/2004  8:23 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

this arguement starts and ends with Tim Thomas....

If Timmy was playing well Craw goes to the bench.....since Timmy is the worst thing since Shandon Anderson, Craw must start and he has to continue to be aggressive offensively......Craw was playing a great game till he lost his mind on that last shot.

Craw, Marbs and Houston look great together.....Nazr and KT are hitting the boards good so it's a nice balance.....

the talent is there it's just a matter of communication.

hopefully it will click soon.

I can't really wait for the day in which he is traded away... This has gone beyond logic. Right now he is not even a productive bench player...
Knicks_Fan
Nalod
USA
12/17/2004  12:31 AM
THis is going to sound funny, but with Miss Gazy playing as he is, we could use shandon's abilities about now in spots at the SF slot. He runs the floor, plays very good D, and at times can shoot. The effort is there.

THe x-factor is Ariza at the SF. I would like to see Marbs-Allan-Trevor on the floor.

Fact remains TT is untradeable now. It must remain that we keep playing him as the coaches must think he can play back into his "old" self. You know, the one who was not playing to his potential, not this pathetic shell of his unfulfilled self! Imagine.

Penny gets a lot of free passes on his rep, but his wheels fell off long long before he got here. Evem without shandon, we are carrying a lot of dead weight on this roster.
Jamal Crossover and Starbury........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy