[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ITS Lenny's FAULT
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
12/16/2004  9:02 AM
The man simply has no idea how to coach...He finaly gets it through his head when TT is doing things to hur the team his ass is on the bench....

But,

He lets Crawford stay in there force shots, bad shots down the stretch negating everything he has done right....Instead of taking him out of the game he leaves him in and he continues to take bad shots....

Lenny...Why take Houston out of the game for TT? Why not leave houston in to defend Hamilton? Why not call a time-out with 28 seconds left? How can the last second play be so poorly drawn up?
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/16/2004  9:04 AM
MS...I agree that Lenny could have done more to get this win. A timeout to run a real play would have been nice.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/16/2004  9:10 AM
but you can't take Jamal of the game because on the very next possession he could hit the same shot. He could however learn to let the shot clock run
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/16/2004  9:33 AM
There are 6 coaches on the bench. They break down each game, each possestion, each substitution. Isiah is involved also.

If there needs to be a change of thinking, that may be so, but I don't think its all lenny.

This is ISIAH's team now! These are Isiah's coaches also! These are ISIAH's guys! Not laydens, not chaney's, but Zeke's.

It takes time to put it all toghether. I feel the frustration, but 22 games does not make a season.

And who said we are a great team?
bernard
Member: #475
12/16/2004  10:03 AM
I'm not going to quibble with Lenny's choices of who plays what minutes. Think he does a pretty good job of that. Jamal has hit some clutch shots. He deserves to be in the game at the end.

But what about calling a play when we're up one w/ 28 seconds to go? We had four guys standing around and Jamal dribbling on the wing. What's that? If you want Jamal to go 1 on 1 (wouldn't be my choice when Marbury was getting in the paint at will), at least put him at the top of the circle where it's harder to help w/o leaving a wide open shooter. That possession seemed like total chaos. We had timeouts. When better to use one? Inexcusable.

Then, on the final play, we try a simple pick away out of bounds play, and, surprise, surprise, Detroit defends it so we can't get the ball in bounds. So we call a timeout. Then what do we do? Run the exact same play, and, shockingly enough, they defend it again.

I agree Lenny takes a lot of the blame for the loss. But to me, his biggest mistakes were in failing to diagram even decent plays on our last 2 possessions, not in substitution patterns.
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
12/16/2004  10:06 AM
I'm thinking that the play broke down... Kurt was coming over to set a screen, stopped and started watching when Jamal went the other way... Mental mistakes from lack of confidence lost the game.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/16/2004  10:09 AM
Lenny made the same mistakes he made last year when Anderson was confused about whether he should have taken a foul at the last minute when we were winning by 2 points. Lenny was having his senior moment at the end of that quarter. Marburry was on fire, he and Houston were supposed to be the go to guys.
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/16/2004  10:13 AM
Yeah good points about the coaching. The fact that Crawford shot the ball too soon and Lenny should've called a timeout to begin with were the 2 biggest reasons why lost imo
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
12/16/2004  11:13 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Lenny made the same mistakes he made last year when Anderson was confused about whether he should have taken a foul at the last minute when we were winning by 2 points. Lenny was having his senior moment at the end of that quarter. Marburry was on fire, he and Houston were supposed to be the go to guys.

Coaches have different strategies... Phil Jackson has been known to not take time outs when opponents make runs. This is just one game.
Pike
Member: #403
12/16/2004  1:00 PM
Marbury should have had ball to break down the defense, not Crawford. If that happened which seemed obvious to everyone watching the game except Lenny and Knicks.... someone would have had an open J.

I'm still pissed about it!
ITS Lenny's FAULT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy