[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

worst game as a knick for stephon
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/15/2004  11:14 PM
i just got back from the game. stephon played his worst game as a knick. forget the #'s - he reverted back to a selfish, me first and screw everybody else point guard today. he didn't look to pass once, was playing out of control, and tried to do it all himself. i don't know if it was b/c he was sick, b/c it was the pistons, or b/c it was larry brown but it was an awful game for him. on national tv nonetheless - it didn't help his rep at all.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/15/2004  11:21 PM
There was a sequence where Rip was being urged by the detroit bench to force marbs to go left, and he did hitting a jumper in front of the bench. He stared them down.

It was a real cool thing to show them up.

He was on a roll at that point, but it was a very selfish thing to do, and they lost the game.

Marbs was demanding the ball on that posession also.

He lost the team at that point, and lost control of the team. Crawford missed two crazy shots, and rather than close the door on the game, they let detroit have it.

Marbs should have demanded the ball on rather than let Jamal have it, and the forced shot. Pick and roll to KT, or get Allan off a screen.

Inexperience lost the game. They are getting in. You learn from your defeats.

We gonna trade Jamal now? Thats kinda silly !
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/15/2004  11:23 PM
great post nalod.... voice of reason...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Michael6835
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #828
12/15/2004  11:33 PM
not selfish. Marbury scored 2 points in the first half. He kept us from fully losing the lead in the 3rd. The stare down was cool, as a fan I love to see that, it adds to the intensity of the game. There was a sequence where he messed up though. It was when marbs penetrated against Big ben and didnt get the call. He was so mad he let it take over. he didnt get back on defense then he came down and jacked up an ill-advised 3. Lenny saw that and took him out for a minute. good move to clear his head.
M
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
12/15/2004  11:37 PM
to me a huge play that hurt was when we were up 4 and the ball slipped out of Houstons hand, i cant blame him for that but that was a big blow to us, we coulda went up 6 instead they got the ball and cut it to two
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/15/2004  11:44 PM
yeah that one really hurt. and the worst part is I knew we couldn't trust the defense to get a big stop down the stretch. but even after that play we had a lead
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

12/15/2004  11:47 PM
u guys cant be serious.. u blaming this one on steph and not crawford? wow.. steph played great, he diddnt take barely any bad shots besides the last one... u guys are buggin... if jamal doesent take 2 horrific stupid ass shots we wint this game
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/15/2004  11:58 PM
as i was watching this game, stephon didn't try to get his teammates involved into the offense during the 2nd half. he was going for his points and that's it. he had the ball on the wing, his head was down, houston was WIDE open just to his left, he was practically screaming for the ball and steph refused to pass, drove, took a bad shot and started complaining to the refs. later on he was screaming from half court for crawford to get him the ball so he could take a shot. it was completely opposite of how he's been playing this entire season. first half, he played like crap and only b/c moochie wasn't doing to well did marbury get inserted back in.

i'm not blaming steph. i'm not blaming jamal. it was a team loss, coach included. but from my point of view, i have not seen steph play like this since he was a knick. be it for one half of the game or not, it was disgusting and i was hoping lenny would sub him out and have a talk with him.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/16/2004  12:01 AM
I wish we had a no nonsense guy like Larry Brown as our coach.

or *cough *cough Phil Jackson
worst game as a knick for stephon

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy