[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ALL BALL Official Thread: NY vs Detroit (12/15) Isiah vs. Joe & Dice gets to Stick it to Isiah!
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/15/2004  11:18 PM
how many of these are we going to have before we finally "learn"

seriously though this has to be it. If Jamal doesn't learn from this he never will
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/15/2004  11:22 PM
Fast-forward the Lenny Watch a little after this one. Im sure Isiah is as pissed off as us....
Knicks_Fan
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
12/15/2004  11:25 PM
Theres been some bad regular season losses over the years and this ranks up there as one of the worst in my eyes... IM JUST SO DISGUSTED RIGHT NOW
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
gunsnewing
USA
12/15/2004  11:27 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

Fast-forward the Lenny Watch a little after this one. Im sure Isiah is as pissed off as us....

I hope so but I still want somebody to tell Crawford to run out the clock in the final seconds and take a good shot or get Marbury the ball in the first place.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/15/2004  11:32 PM
Posted by NYK3:

Theres been some bad regular season losses over the years and this ranks up there as one of the worst in my eyes... IM JUST SO DISGUSTED RIGHT NOW

Same here! This one will not go away in a long time, no matter if they get on a very unlikely winning streak. There have been so many close losses but this one really did it for me...
Knicks_Fan
gunsnewing
USA
12/15/2004  11:49 PM
Nazr played 46min!

Why play him so many minutes in the second game of a back to back and completely forget about Sweetney
gunsnewing
USA
12/15/2004  11:50 PM
I don't know..maybe i've accepted the fact that they obviously can't play defense so I'm blaming the loss all on Crawford and Lenny
NYK3
USA
12/16/2004  12:02 AM
Im so distraught over this loss, its unbelievable, at halftime i kept saying yesss 12-10, i knew Detroit would make a run cause its the NBA everyone makes a run but i was 100% confident we would win this game, especially on ourhome floor on national TV...THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/16/2004  12:03 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Allan looked good. his turn over was painful, but he looked good tonite. Even his misses looked ok (some in and out).

Prince is a hell of a ball player! He loses the handle and gets an assist for Rasweeds dunk!

Where the phuck was Marbs in the last 30 seconds! Its his ball dammit!

No sweets? Lets kill any self esteem he may have left! Perhaps he is hurt.

TT is a joke, doesn't even run. At least he tried a dunk in traffic on his last shift. He could have gotten hurt!

This team does not know how to close the door. Im not freaked as Allan was getting in the groove of things and might have cost the game.

You learn from defeat.

like gunsewing said, how many of these losses are we supposed to learn from. at some point you have to start winning these type of games, especially at home and they didn't. it's not like we're the bobcats or the grizzlies from two years ago. we're a veteran team that's been through these type of games before.

it was a collapse and there's nothing else to say about it. i thought our defense was good, we were hitting our shots. but detroit showed you how to close out a game while we blew it. be it allan's turnover, marbury's selfishness in the 2nd half, crawford's bad shot, kurt's missed free throw, or lenny's coaching, we lost it together. it's a bad loss b/c this game was already won.

now at the end of the day it's 1 game, but so was the game in washington, the home game against boston, and the other one vs. orlando. but you see that 1 game is now 4 and it keeps building until we finally start winning these tight games.

i'm not panicking and i'm not pointing fingers but at what point does a $100 mil team start winning these games?
gunsnewing
USA
12/16/2004  12:07 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Nalod:

Allan looked good. his turn over was painful, but he looked good tonite. Even his misses looked ok (some in and out).

Prince is a hell of a ball player! He loses the handle and gets an assist for Rasweeds dunk!

Where the phuck was Marbs in the last 30 seconds! Its his ball dammit!

No sweets? Lets kill any self esteem he may have left! Perhaps he is hurt.

TT is a joke, doesn't even run. At least he tried a dunk in traffic on his last shift. He could have gotten hurt!

This team does not know how to close the door. Im not freaked as Allan was getting in the groove of things and might have cost the game.

You learn from defeat.

like gunsewing said, how many of these losses are we supposed to learn from. at some point you have to start winning these type of games, especially at home and they didn't. it's not like we're the bobcats or the grizzlies from two years ago. we're a veteran team that's been through these type of games before.

it was a collapse and there's nothing else to say about it. i thought our defense was good, we were hitting our shots. but detroit showed you how to close out a game while we blew it. be it allan's turnover, marbury's selfishness in the 2nd half, crawford's bad shot, kurt's missed free throw, or lenny's coaching, we lost it together. it's a bad loss b/c this game was already won.

now at the end of the day it's 1 game, but so was the game in washington, the home game against boston, and the other one vs. orlando. but you see that 1 game is now 4 and it keeps building until we finally start winning these tight games.

i'm not panicking and i'm not pointing fingers but at what point does a $100 mil team start winning these games?

finally someone who's watched the games this year and shares my frustration! and don't forget the Bobcats game it was the same debacle.

"i'm not panicking and i'm not pointing fingers but at what point does a $100 mil team start winning these games?"

thats the most brilliant point I've ever heard!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 12/16/2004 00:10:32]

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 12/16/2004 00:19:58]
gunsnewing
USA
12/16/2004  12:08 AM
Posted by NYK3:

Im so distraught over this loss, its unbelievable, at halftime i kept saying yesss 12-10, i knew Detroit would make a run cause its the NBA everyone makes a run but i was 100% confident we would win this game, especially on ourhome floor on national TV...THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE

I know I was doing the same thing...wow 12-10 looks good instead now we're 11-11 and yet another terrible loss
NYK3
USA
12/16/2004  12:18 AM
I AM STILL SO PISSED OFF WE LOST
Travla
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #723
USA
12/16/2004  12:39 AM
It starts with the 2nd half, the Knicks always come out flat. You have to come out, put your foot on their necks and don't let them up.
Crawford threw up at least 5 shots that had no chance of going in. I hate that H20 had that crucial turnover, he looked smooth tonight. If the Knicks could learn to put teams away their record would 16 and 6 at this time.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
gunsnewing
USA
12/16/2004  12:43 AM
Posted by Travla:

It starts with the 2nd half, the Knicks always come out flat. You have to come out, put your foot on their necks and don't let them up.
Crawford threw up at least 5 shots that had no chance of going in. I hate that H20 had that crucial turnover, he looked smooth tonight. If the Knicks could learn to put teams away their record would 16 and 6 at this time.

A good team would come out in the 2nd half and show no mercy. The knicks aren't a good team. I was beginning to think they were when they went back up by double digits but then they lost yet another game in the final seconds due to poor execution.

FIRE LENNY FIRE LENNY FIRE LEHHY!!!
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/16/2004  12:45 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I don't know..maybe i've accepted the fact that they obviously can't play defense so I'm blaming the loss all on Crawford and Lenny
Seriously, what do you think the outcome of this game would have been if we didn't have Jamal? What do you think the team's record would be without him this year? If you think either would have been better without him, then I don't even know what to say
gunsnewing
USA
12/16/2004  12:48 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Seriously, what do you think the outcome of this game would have been if we didn't have Jamal? What do you think the team's record would be without him this year? If you think either would have been better without him, then I don't even know what to say

DOESN'T Negate the fact that he needs to learn to take better shots and run out the clock late in games
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/16/2004  6:05 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by gunsnewing:

DOESN'T Negate the fact that he needs to learn to take better shots and run out the clock late in games
Your right man. Crawford took a terrible shot but it started with the defense giving up points. You cannot just blame Crawford because we just shot ourselves in the foot down the stretch. Houston had a bad turnover, KT missed a FT, Marbury fouled Billups and of course the Crawford Shot. We will had a chance to win the game btw after the Billups FT's but we couldnt get a good shot off.

Just blaming Crawford is not recognizing the real reason we lost the game. It's fine that your doing this but I hope knicks coaching staff isnt. I hope Lenny knows that this loss was more about the knicks non-existent defense.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
USA
12/16/2004  8:27 AM
oh don't worry Lenny isn't going to get them to play defense ever. This is at least the 5th game we lost in the final seconds and we've only played 22 games.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/16/2004  8:30 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

oh don't worry Lenny isn't going to get them to play defense ever.
How can you be so casual when you say this? Is you hatred for Crawford after last night blinding you to the importance of defense? Do you not see that if we played defense, the game would never have been in Crawford's hand?

Lenny has to get them to play defense. We have no choice. Defense is the most important thing in a basketball game and they have to play it. HAVE TO!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
USA
12/16/2004  8:39 AM
i love jamal crawford man. I don't hate him based on that one shot I just want him to learn to play the right way. IMO that can be fixed a lot easier right now then expecting their defense to shut teams down

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 12/16/2004 08:41:03]
ALL BALL Official Thread: NY vs Detroit (12/15) Isiah vs. Joe & Dice gets to Stick it to Isiah!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy