[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ALL BALL Official Thread: NY vs Detroit (12/15) Isiah vs. Joe & Dice gets to Stick it to Isiah!
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/15/2004  10:45 PM
This team needs a JVG miracle... this sox...........

......and im getting tired... really....
Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
bsw3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #589
12/15/2004  10:46 PM
my patience level with jamal crawford is gone. done. trade him. i don't even care if he puts up thirty in back to back games. he blinds your judgement with scores of good shooting, but he is still an inexperienced ball-chaser. his shot selection belongs in a middle school game in southeast iowa.
Knicksfan
USA
12/15/2004  10:48 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

This was problably the the best defense the Knicks have played all season! We lost the game because Jamal is an idiot and he better change his ways and it's up to the coach and his teammates and Isiah Thomas to do so! I don't want to here about Lenny telling him to keep shooting eventhough he's 6-24 from the field! We will continue to have these heartbreaking losses that way!

Yeah they played great defense, especially in the third quarter where Detroit couldn't make a shot and we kept our double digit lead safe... yeah! and we won!....

sox......
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
12/15/2004  10:50 PM
right now trade anyone for a guy that can play defense and makes good decisions in the final seconds...
Knicks_Fan
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/15/2004  10:50 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

This was problably the the best defense the Knicks have played all season! We lost the game because Jamal is an idiot and he better change his ways and it's up to the coach and his teammates and Isiah Thomas to do so!
They didnt play defense. They tightened it up later but the Pistons were scoring at will early in the 2nd half. KT should've hit the FT and the Knicks should've had a bigger lead.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/15/2004  10:52 PM
but it's the Detroit Pistons! you didn't hear me say that we played good defense against Orlando & Washington! We played terrible defense those games. This time we actually had a lead against the Pistons which is a miracle in it's self especially since this was a back to back. We were just simply not going to blow out the defending champions! The game was lost because Jamal is an idiot!
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/15/2004  10:53 PM
heart breaking loss. But seriously, we got a good team here. Just Jamal Crawford isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Liked the way H20 was shooting and We got decent contributions from most of our starters. Imagine if JC was our point guard? I remmeber there was a possibility of that last year. I can see why Chicago wanted to get rid of him. He's not good at PG. SG straight up. He'll come around.
Knicksfan
USA
12/15/2004  10:54 PM
Hey, wanna know how did Detroit shoot in the game? You guessed it right: 47%!!! Great D, Knicks, especially in the final seconds when the game was on the line and Detroit could tie the game and score so easily that they called timeouts being down just to design their defense...
Knicks_Fan
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
12/15/2004  10:59 PM
This loss definitely hurt...
Hopefully this tough loss will teach this team not to let up after getting a big lead.
And also teach Crawford a lesson of patience and strategic Selectivity on the offensive end...
Not to sound like the hopeless optimist, but perhaps this team needed this loss more than it needed the win...
Our next 5 games are:

1 - @76ers
2 - Jazz
3 - Mavs
4 - @Celtics
5 - Magic

Tough 5 game stretch...
If we win 3 out of the 5.. .we're on our way
it will certainly put this team to the test
Knicksfan
USA
12/15/2004  11:01 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

but it's the Detroit Pistons! you didn't hear me say that we played good defense against Orlando & Washington! We played terrible defense those games. This time we actually had a lead against the Pistons which is a miracle in it's self especially since this was a back to back. We were just simply not going to blow out the defending champions! The game was lost because Jamal is an idiot!

A miracle to lead the Pistons? The Knicks are a good team if you completely forget that defense exists so it was no miracle. Detroit isn't also the same Detroit, and this was clearly a game we had to win, especially at home. To lead them by so much and losing the game in the final seconds is really absurd. We just had to show some effort in defense and that was it, a sure win. It was an garbage what they showed in the third quarter, and in the final seconds they couldn't stop Detroit from scoring. Jamal may have ended all hopes we could have in the last play, but this game was lost in the third quarter, where we showed that we werent going to play any more defense in the game.

This one really did it...
Knicks_Fan
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
12/15/2004  11:01 PM
IM STILL IN SHOCK
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
gunsnewing
USA
12/15/2004  11:02 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

Hey, wanna know how did Detroit shoot in the game? You guessed it right: 47%!!! Great D, Knicks, especially in the final seconds when the game was on the line and Detroit could tie the game and score so easily that they called timeouts being down just to design their defense...

I know that! but 47% is actually pretty good for the Knicks against the NBA champions! Crawford lost the game! Whoever expected Kurt Thomas who can't hit a clutch shot in his life to go 2 for 2 from the line there doesn't have their head screwed on right!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/15/2004  11:02 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

fine bro! It was all Crawford. The game was going perfect, no one else was to blame but Crawford screwed it all up right? You are in denial. Crawford only had the last shot. I hated his shot too but WE SHOULD'VE NEVER BEEN IN THAT POSITION!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
12/15/2004  11:04 PM
I agree Silver, the dam game shoulda been over by then
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
gunsnewing
USA
12/15/2004  11:05 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by gunsnewing:

A miracle to lead the Pistons? The Knicks are a good team if you completely forget that defense exists so it was no miracle. Detroit isn't also the same Detroit, and this was clearly a game we had to win, especially at home. To lead them by so much and losing the game in the final seconds is really absurd. We just had to show some effort in defense and that was it, a sure win. It was an garbage what they showed in the third quarter, and in the final seconds they couldn't stop Detroit from scoring. Jamal may have ended all hopes we could have in the last play, but this game was lost in the third quarter, where we showed that we werent going to play any more defense in the game.

I agree about that...don't get me wrong! I couldn't believe how flat they came out to start the 3rd. But is it anything new? They do it all the time! which is why I would love nothing more then to wake up tomorrow and find out that Lenny Wilkens was fired! but he won't be so the best they can do for now is get into Crawford's head!
Knicksfan
USA
12/15/2004  11:07 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

This loss definitely hurt...
Hopefully this tough loss will teach this team not to let up after getting a big lead.
And also teach Crawford a lesson of patience and strategic Selectivity on the offensive end...
Not to sound like the hopeless optimist, but perhaps this team needed this loss more than it needed the win...
Our next 5 games are:

1 - @76ers
2 - Jazz
3 - Mavs
4 - @Celtics
5 - Magic

Tough 5 game stretch...
If we win 3 out of the 5.. .we're on our way
it will certainly put this team to the test

How many tough losses we have already had and this team learns nothing? Crawford talks a game where he just wants to win and let others play, but he still makes the mistake of forgeting them...

Tough, very tough schedule ahead. Great thing to lose a win in the final seconds considering your next opponents. This team will never stop being tested because they are so inconsistent that nothing is for granted with them.
Knicks_Fan
gunsnewing
USA
12/15/2004  11:09 PM
Posted by NYK3:

I agree Silver, the dam game shoulda been over by then

I agree too except it wasn't! and I didn't expect it to be because for one we know better because this is the Knicks who are coached by Lenny Wilkens. This has happened so many times this season! They got some stops late just like they did against washington only to lose it in the final possessions because they can't execute! some of it is Lenny but most of it is Crawford's lack of IQ
gunsnewing
USA
12/15/2004  11:11 PM
exactly but our stars don't play defense. Therefore, we will never be a good defensive team! But if we fix Jamal's brain and Lenny gets them to execute they might win a couple of games
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/15/2004  11:15 PM
Allan looked good. his turn over was painful, but he looked good tonite. Even his misses looked ok (some in and out).

Prince is a hell of a ball player! He loses the handle and gets an assist for Rasweeds dunk!

Where the phuck was Marbs in the last 30 seconds! Its his ball dammit!

No sweets? Lets kill any self esteem he may have left! Perhaps he is hurt.

TT is a joke, doesn't even run. At least he tried a dunk in traffic on his last shift. He could have gotten hurt!

This team does not know how to close the door. Im not freaked as Allan was getting in the groove of things and might have cost the game.

You learn from defeat.
Knicksfan
USA
12/15/2004  11:16 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by gunsnewing:

I agree about that...don't get me wrong! I couldn't believe how flat they came out to start the 3rd. But is it anything new? They do it all the time! which is why I would love nothing more then to wake up tomorrow and find out that Lenny Wilkens was fired! but he won't be so the best they can do for now is get into Crawford's head!

Im sure that if NY keeps playing like this Lenny will be fired. Not that I hate him or just want him fired because I want to. This team will not improve in the areas that it needs to improve with Lenny there. This will really be a frustrating 41-41 team if things keep going the pathetic way they have been. We are going to make a redord for most 1 point losses in a season...

Get only into Crawford's head?! Get into everyone's head! Even search inside their pants to see if something is missing! Im tired of players that consider themselves offensive players and thats it. Come on!! Defense is 99% effort! You cant tell me that a Marbury can't be a great defender, or at least good. Same thing with the rest of the guys. You may not be great in defense but if you just try your hardest you will surely make something good happen for your team. This team needs a coach that pushes them to the limit on the floor. This team can score, but they just don't give a dam about D most of the games. And I can't stand that!
Knicks_Fan
ALL BALL Official Thread: NY vs Detroit (12/15) Isiah vs. Joe & Dice gets to Stick it to Isiah!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy