[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ALL BALL Official Thread: NY vs Detroit (12/15) Isiah vs. Joe & Dice gets to Stick it to Isiah!
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/16/2004  8:42 AM
I gave Jamal a B!
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/16/2004  8:51 AM
Here is the difference. You are worried about whats easier and I am worried about whats more important.
Posted by gunsnewing:

IMO that can be fixed a lot easier right now then expecting their defense to shut teams down
Shutting down the other team is one end and not giving up a 16 point lead is another end. The Knicks are on the far end right now. I want them to get to the middle somehow. I am not asking them to stop he other team from scoring completely. I just want them to play some defense. Some defense, as in, not give up a 16 point lead.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/16/2004  9:00 AM
I hear you....however I've come to expect these collapses. I believe every game this year where we had a double digit lead the other team made it a nail bitter in the end except for maybe 1 or 2 blowouts. In some of the games they've been able to hold teams off but most of the time they lose. I think the problem is they think the game is over after they get a 10 point lead and they become complacent. I don't know if thats Lenny or the players refusal to listen because sometimes Lenny gets really mad at them on the sidelines when they do that. As momumental of a collapse as lastnight was I would've preferred to get by with a win and then have the coaches kill them for blowing a 16pt lead. But then again maybe this lost was for the better. Maybe not they won't mess around
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/16/2004  9:13 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I hear you....however I've come to expect these collapses. I believe every game this year where we had a double digit lead the other team made it a nail bitter in the end except for maybe 1 or 2 blowouts. In some of the games they've been able to hold teams off but most of the time they lose. I think the problem is they think the game is over after they get a 10 point lead and they become complacent. I don't know if thats Lenny or the players refusal to listen because sometimes Lenny gets really mad at them on the sidelines when they do that. As momumental of a collapse as lastnight was I would've preferred to get by with a win and then have the coaches kill them for blowing a 16pt lead. But then again maybe this lost was for the better. Maybe not they won't mess around
Dont come of expect these collapses. Actually, we should not come to expect these collapses. Once we expect them, so will the players and the coaches. Defense is the most important thing on the floor. We gotta play defense. We cannot just try and outscore the other team.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/16/2004  10:49 AM
still mad... GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/16/2004  10:53 AM
This team could be SO good if they just made a good effort on playing defense every night that its just frustrating... Im tired of their mediocrity......
Knicks_Fan
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/16/2004  1:57 PM
This had nothing to do with the NYK defense it had everything to do with the other team putting a clamp on the Knicks. Some of that is the Knicks fault because this is a trend that is developing Orlando game was very similar to this game big lead dwindles away. I'm not so sure its the defense that was the problem but more the offense can be shut out. when a team is a jump shooting team you want them to drive on you especially with Wallaces waiting for them i the middle. But the Knicks knowing the Wallaces were waiting decided to force shots instead only one who took it to the rim was Marbury.
ALL BALL Official Thread: NY vs Detroit (12/15) Isiah vs. Joe & Dice gets to Stick it to Isiah!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy