[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

That is it. No more TT in our starting lineup.....
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/15/2004  11:01 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I would start Houston there, even if he can only go for 15-20 minutes. JYD is more valuable off the bench because he can sub in for any of the 3 frontcourt positions.

The real problem is the only backup 3 we have is 19 years old.

Don't forget Penny. Penny will be back.......he will push Timmy out of the rotation with his broken down legs.

That is a shame. Penny used to be one of the top talents in the NBA. He's still trying to play this game after countless operations. Timmy has been healthy all his career and is in the prime years of his life being 27.

WTF
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
12/15/2004  11:16 AM
I hate some of you fans so much mainly because of your love for offense. Here is a team that has lost so many games, because of lack of defense, but yet you and Lenny are being dumb enough to realize our real weakness and make the proper changes. Fvck another offensive player, I need a constant defender in our starting lineup. Houston is not a freaking SF, and his knee is not strong enough to guard bigger players. Get it in your freaking heads. And you dumb ass Lenny, it is time for you to get the freaking message.

Posted by EnySpree:

[quote]Posted by diderotn:

I am curious to see what lenny will do tonight. You watch, if he doesn't make that very evident switch, we should blame him for all of our losses. I can't believe that I as a fan can sit back and see how lively our team gets with JYD and Sweetney in the game, for Lenny not to be able to notice it himself. We even have news papers talking about the same thing, what else needs to be done? Is he waiting for Isiah to tell him to do so?

I personally like the way Lenny is handling it. Timmy is being snatched and left to rot on the bench. He's not even being brought back in at the end. He's just gone.

A switch should happen though......that switch should eventually be Houston and Timmy should go to the IL when Penny is ready to come back.

Timmy at this point shouldn't be allowed to play. He's not helping just wasting minutes that Houston, JYD or Ariza could be having.

Kenyon Martin was right about Timmy. Kenyon told us all how wack he was and how no one wanted him on their team. It's obviously true.
Props to him for not bringing himself down to the level of a Tim Thomas. Timmy right now should be on his way out like Shandon was.
The true Knickabocker..........
EnySpree

12/15/2004  11:33 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I hate some of you fans so much mainly because of your love for offense. Here is a team that has lost so many games, because of lack of defense, but yet you and Lenny are being dumb enough to realize our real weakness and make the proper changes. Fvck another offensive player, I need a constant defender in our starting lineup. Houston is not a freaking SF, and his knee is not strong enough to guard bigger players. Get it in your freaking heads. And you dumb ass Lenny, it is time for you to get the freaking message.

It's not about offense. The Knicks can score with the best of them.

It's just what works better. Half of the shots Timmy misses Houston could knock down blindfolded. That's all he does. I can't stand Houston for that.......but he will at the very least hit a jumpshot.

You gotta love the option to unleash the JYD off the bench. He comes in and changes the game......that's what makes his current role effective. He's all over the place doing everything.

The sole reason for the loses has been Timmy.

I keep saying in my posts that the Knicks lost at least 5 games because TT just wasted the 20 plus minutes he was out there.

I believe the defense is coming along.
On offense the Knicks can't rely on Crawford to score 30 everynight, or for Marbs to continue to hit timely buckets.

Houston's scoring would be the neutralizer but........JYD has already established himself as the equalizer and it should be off the bench getting Timmy's old minutes.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/15/2004  11:33 AM
dude you will be the first to complain when JYD is costing us games because of his turnovers and lack of offense. Sure he occassionally hits some jumpshots of the bench...which look really ugly but rattles but as a starter the true JYD will come out. The JYD that got traded a trillion times. I love him man but he has a perfect role on the bench why mess with that? The starting lineup's defense is bad enough as it is but at least with Houston in there we can outscore teams. Just imagine how scared teams will be when they face us and they don't know who to double between steph, jamal or H20?! They will feel a lot better about beating us if our frontline consists of Nazr/KT/JYD. They can take the ball out of Steph's hands and muscle up Crawford. If they do that with Houston in there Houston will light them up! I like that Lenny can be watching the start of the game and if someone like Dirk or Garnett or Lebron is torching them he can put JYD in and he'll shut him down.
diderotn
USA
12/15/2004  11:39 AM
Unlike you, I don't complain when a guy works hard. I can live with his mistakes. This dude does more good than bad. He doesn't look for his shots even when he can shoot the ball. Same goes for Sweetney, I admire the way he plays. I think that I can take those two on the court as my starting SF and PF. I disgust the way Kurt, Timmy and Houston play the game. Houston I can tolerate because he is consistant at what he does. However, the other two, I dispise. Get it right, I hate scorers, I admire hard workers. Ben Wallace, Rodman, Zo Morning, Doug Christie, Kevin Garnett, JYD, AND NOW NAZR.

Posted by gunsnewing:

dude you will be the first to complain when JYD is costing us games because of his turnovers and lack of offense. Sure he occassionally hits some jumpshots of the bench...which look really ugly but rattles but as a starter the true JYD will come out. The JYD that got traded a trillion times. I love him man but he has a perfect role on the bench why mess with that? The starting lineup's defense is bad enough as it is but at least with Houston in there we can outscore teams. Just imagine how scared teams will be when they face us and they don't know who to double between steph, jamal or H20?! They will feel a lot better about beating us if our frontline consists of Nazr/KT/JYD. They can take the ball out of Steph's hands and muscle up Crawford. If they do that with Houston in there Houston will light them up! I like that Lenny can be watching the start of the game and if someone like Dirk or Garnett or Lebron is torching them he can put JYD in and he'll shut him down.
gunsnewing
USA
12/15/2004  11:43 AM
if our front line consisted of Nazr and Elton Brand then I wouldn't mind starting Jerome. But our frontline would be Nazr/KT/JYD and that isn't scaring anyone. It's not like we have Lebron, Kobe or Mcgrady on the perimeter to make it work. We have one guy who is a top 15 player in Marbury and another who is a top 20-25 player in Crawford.
diderotn
USA
12/15/2004  11:58 AM
Why are you all so skeptical????? If it was for you all, Lebron, Carmelo, Wade, or even Jordan would have never gotten a chance. Have you even see what the Knicks look like with JYD as starter? No. Enough already, stop arguing over what JYD can't do, because this dude has proven that he can do a little of everything.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
12/15/2004  12:00 PM
You need to stop comparing JYD to superstars man, like now. It's gettin really annoying. Makes you sound like you don't know anything about bball.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Pike
Member: #403
12/15/2004  12:05 PM
I think the Knicks outscored the Nets by about 25-30 points when Tim Thomas was not on the floor. The Nets jumped out to a 10-13 point lead to start game during TT's first four minutes... then when he started the second half... I believe N.J. started with a 10-0 run, we ended up winning by eight... do the math... unbelievable.

A couple of days ago I called him a mental case. I think that was quite an understatement.

I agree, diderotn... START the JYD!!!
Pike
Member: #403
12/15/2004  12:05 PM
p.s. I agree with Enyspree that thus far, Wilkens has handled the situation well... but, enough is enough. Nothing else is more clear.

JYD is a good seventh or eighth man (on a good team) but, under the circumstances, he's the best temporary option at this point.

[Edited by - Pike on 12/15/2004 12:11:29]

[Edited by - Pike on 12/15/2004 12:14:41]
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/15/2004  2:56 PM
I don't think it really matters if we start JYD or if we bring him off the bench as long as he gets his minutes. The guy is a difference maker either way.
I happen to like him off the bench right now, having him reenergize this team. If Lenny does decide to start him, I will not complain.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/15/2004  3:22 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Why are you all so skeptical????? If it was for you all, Lebron, Carmelo, Wade, or even Jordan would have never gotten a chance. Have you even see what the Knicks look like with JYD as starter? No. Enough already, stop arguing over what JYD can't do, because this dude has proven that he can do a little of everything.
dummest thing you have ever posted (thats saying a lot). Lebron, Carmello, Wade, Jordan... and 31 year old JYD. Good one.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/15/2004  3:25 PM
Posted by fishmike:

dummest thing you have ever posted (thats saying a lot). Lebron, Carmello, Wade, Jordan... and 31 year old JYD. Good one.
Hey, he's making progress. A couple months ago it would have been TT.
diderotn
USA
12/15/2004  3:25 PM
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice the difference when this dude is on the court. You can actually tell that our boys are happy to have him on the court. Marburry and Crawf suddenly becomes defenders, Nazr becomes the best shot blocker in the league. You can attribute all of that with JYD. He makes the opposing players do what they don't want to do. I am going to sit here and say " I told you so" when that happens. Lenny is to slow to realize what is good for our squad. Phill Jackson, or Fratello, or Van Gundy would have made that switch in a heart beat.
diderotn
USA
12/15/2004  3:28 PM
Fish! you are forcing me to disrespect you. First of all, you are the dumb one for not realizing that I said "If it was for you all, Lebron, Carmelo, Wade, or even Jordan would have never gotten a chance". These players were not great players when they got to college, high-school, or the pros. Someone had to give them a chance to make it or fail first. That is what I am saying about JYD, GIVE HIM A DAMN CHANCE FOR FIVE GAMES THE LEAST.

Posted by fishmike:
Posted by diderotn:

EnySpree

12/15/2004  3:31 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I don't think it really matters if we start JYD or if we bring him off the bench as long as he gets his minutes. The guy is a difference maker either way.
I happen to like him off the bench right now, having him reenergize this team. If Lenny does decide to start him, I will not complain.

yeah just as long as the Knicks end the Tim Thomas saga.....

maybe they are trying to make him play just for scouting purposes.

whatever i just wish he could be flat out waived.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/15/2004  3:36 PM
Miss Gazy is making Isiah look bad.

Its one thing to isolate one of Laydogs guys, but now we get to see what happens to one of "Isiahs guys".

gunsnewing
USA
12/15/2004  3:44 PM
he would be if it wasn't for Nazr. The Knicks did better with Nazr/TT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/15/2004  3:49 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by diderotn:

Fish. I guess some comments do trump previous benchmarks!
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/15/2004  3:51 PM
Posted by diderotn:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice the difference when this dude is on the court.

... Or a brain surgeon, like you?
That is it. No more TT in our starting lineup.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy