[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

That is it. No more TT in our starting lineup.....
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
12/15/2004  6:53 AM
Enough is enough. It is now time for Diderotn to reject TT as our SF. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he failed miserably. We don't have time to wait on this cat, because we have games to win. I want JYD in our starting lineup permanently, because as I have been saying all along he brings something that the Knicks desperately need every night. The time has come for us to utilize our assets wisely. Forget about Houston as our SF, that is not his natural position, and most of all, we don't need anymore scoring. What we really need is constant defensive pressure which JYD BRINGS EVERY TIME he is in the game. Fvk you all who think that this kid is not starter material. a basketball player is a basketball player.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
USA
12/15/2004  7:46 AM
Here is why JYD must be our SF. This dude takes pride in what he does, and most of all will not show any weakness what so ever. TT perhaps should have done just that last year when he got knocked down by Collins. Yeah baby, we are back. KNICKS BASKETBALL IS BACK....

The Knicks had already scored eight straight points and were ahead, 66-62 when Eric Williams hammered Jerome Williams, coming down with his right arm across his shoulders and chin as the Knicks' Williams went in for what would surely have been a breakaway dunk. It immediately conjured up visions of last spring's playoff series between the teams, when Jason Collins crunched Tim Thomas near the end of Game 1 of the Nets' series sweep. The play ended Tim Thomas' season.

But Jerome Williams got up from this foul, and hit one of his two free throws. Kurt Thomas (14 points, 12 rebounds) then buried a foul circle jumper on the Knicks' ensuing possession and Crawford hit two free throws with 34.5 seconds left to push the lead to nine points, 71-62.

Even though he is in his first season with the Knicks, coming over from Chicago with Crawford in a seven-player trade this summer, Williams said it was important to beat the Nets, who have been the bully in this local rivalry for the past three years.

"Well, they beat us last year a few times when I was on the other team (Chicago), and the team before that (Toronto)," he said. "So yes, I'm a part of that rivalry, even though I wasn't wearing a Knick uniform last year. I needed to get some wins myself in this gym."

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/15/2004  7:56 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
diderotn
USA
12/15/2004  8:16 AM
What's up Martin???
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/15/2004  8:33 AM
Posted by diderotn:

What's up Martin???

I think you are right on.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/15/2004  8:43 AM
Finally! I knew you were going to see the light.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/15/2004  8:46 AM
Thank GOd!
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/15/2004  8:47 AM
Now if we can just trade TT for a bag of peanuts...
NYKBocker
USA
12/15/2004  8:49 AM
I don't think we can trick any GM into trading for TT for a bag of peanuts. IT would have to pay the other team to take him off our hands.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/15/2004  9:23 AM
So Dido, you like JYD???

Its not Who you start, its Who you finish.

JYD does not have the durability to play starters minutes. He is most effective playing "X" amount of time. So do you want him starting or finishing?

Miss Gazy is not my kind of guy, but we all know he can at least play up to his previous unfullfilled potential of 15-5. He gets a boat load of jack, and the only way to get him back is giving him 25min of playing time.

But this is one of "isiahs guys" and we all know he is very protective of "his guys".

Yes, thank goodness JYD is playing well, but more is not always effective.
diderotn
USA
12/15/2004  9:29 AM
I am going to tell you all again, enough with the b.s "JYD does not have the durability to play starters minutes. He is most effective playing "X" amount of time. So do you want him starting or finishing?" This dude needs to be rewarded. I can tell you this much, the type of guy that JYD is, if he is promoted to the starting lineup, it may be very hard to get that job away from him. He is the type of player that really doesn't need to score to affect a game. Especially if we are winning games with him on the court.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/15/2004  10:24 AM
Nothing more you can say really.....

Even Mike Breen was pointing out the way Timmy attacks the rim. He's avoiding contact and he sort of flips his shots at the rim. He keeps trying to draw fouls instead of going up strong. If he would just finish strong and take his shot with confidence he would be a real force.

I've seen him play alot better than this.

This offense is geared for him so what is the problem?

The problem is he just sucks. No more excuses for Timmy.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

12/15/2004  10:33 AM
JYD is all over the ball. You can tell he is establishing himself as a defensive leader. He's good enough scoring the ball that you have to play defense on him too. His outside touch is also something that suprises me. He's good to about 15ft-18ft. You can't keep him on the bench for long. He can guard 3 positions well.

Guys just have to switch and collapse on the ball. The Knicks have plenty of players to come in and continue the effort. They did that to a very hot New Jersey team. They have to be consistant and stop blaming the schedule for loses.

[Edited by - enyspree on 12/15/2004 10:34:52]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/15/2004  10:35 AM
here is why JYD shouldn't be our starting SF. He's better off the bench as a spark. There are reasons why he hasn't been a starter in this league and has been traded a zillion times. He's turnover prone, as if we need more of that. I don't think he's a starter. Start H20 at SF eventually. Our starting lineup stinks right now because of TT not because JYD isn't starting.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 12/15/2004 10:36:32]
diderotn
USA
12/15/2004  10:39 AM
I am curious to see what lenny will do tonight. You watch, if he doesn't make that very evident switch, we should blame him for all of our losses. I can't believe that I as a fan can sit back and see how lively our team gets with JYD and Sweetney in the game, for Lenny not to be able to notice it himself. We even have news papers talking about the same thing, what else needs to be done? Is he waiting for Isiah to tell him to do so?

Posted by EnySpree:

JYD is all over the ball. You can tell he is establishing himself as a defensive leader. He's good enough scoring the ball that you have to play defense on him too. His outside touch is also something that suprises me. He's good to about 15ft-18ft. You can't keep him on the bench for long. He can guard 3 positions well.

Guys just have to switch and collapse on the ball. The Knicks have plenty of players to come in and continue the effort. They did that to a very hot New Jersey team. They have to be consistant and stop blaming the schedule for loses.

EnySpree

12/15/2004  10:51 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

here is why JYD shouldn't be our starting SF. He's better off the bench as a spark. There are reasons why he hasn't been a starter in this league and has been traded a zillion times. He's turnover prone, as if we need more of that. I don't think he's a starter. Start H20 at SF eventually. Our starting lineup stinks right now because of TT not because JYD isn't starting.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 12/15/2004 10:36:32]

I like his role the way it is too. I don't think he should start. JYD plays at full steam at all times. I don't want him to kill himself. He hit the floor like a wreaking ball a good 4 times last night. A certain Knick would have had to go to the hospital and take up boxing to get his body used to that type of thing.
NYKBocker
USA
12/15/2004  10:51 AM
Lenny will eventually start Allan Houston. TT will be reduced to practice fodder soon.
diderotn
USA
12/15/2004  10:54 AM
At this point, our starting lineup needs some life in the defensive side of the house. Until we can do a trade that will perhaps bless us another defender, replace TT with JYD. You have to reward guys like JYD and use them as role models to all of our lazy players (TT)

Posted by NYKBocker:

Lenny will eventually start Allan Houston. TT will be reduced to practice fodder soon.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/15/2004  10:55 AM
I would start Houston there, even if he can only go for 15-20 minutes. JYD is more valuable off the bench because he can sub in for any of the 3 frontcourt positions.

The real problem is the only backup 3 we have is 19 years old.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree

12/15/2004  10:57 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I am curious to see what lenny will do tonight. You watch, if he doesn't make that very evident switch, we should blame him for all of our losses. I can't believe that I as a fan can sit back and see how lively our team gets with JYD and Sweetney in the game, for Lenny not to be able to notice it himself. We even have news papers talking about the same thing, what else needs to be done? Is he waiting for Isiah to tell him to do so?

Posted by EnySpree:

I personally like the way Lenny is handling it. Timmy is being snatched and left to rot on the bench. He's not even being brought back in at the end. He's just gone.

A switch should happen though......that switch should eventually be Houston and Timmy should go to the IL when Penny is ready to come back.

Timmy at this point shouldn't be allowed to play. He's not helping just wasting minutes that Houston, JYD or Ariza could be having.

Kenyon Martin was right about Timmy. Kenyon told us all how wack he was and how no one wanted him on their team. It's obviously true.
Props to him for not bringing himself down to the level of a Tim Thomas. Timmy right now should be on his way out like Shandon was.

That is it. No more TT in our starting lineup.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy