SF Latrell Sprewell

New York receives:
C Iakovos Tsakilidis
SF Rodney Rogers
SF John Wallace
PG Stephon Marbury
#1 Pick

TRADE ACCEPTED

With Skiles getting the boot, Phoenix management may get rid of Marbury too.

Then we deal with the Clippers...

New York trades:
SF Rodney Rogers
SF John Wallace

New York receives:
SF Lamar Odom

TRADE ACCEPTED

Both Wallace and Rogers contracts' expire after this season. That would entice Donald Sterling to do this deal simple because he would be getting cap space that he needs to sign players like Elton Brand and Maggette.

Add that to the fact that he gets his wish by getting rid of Odom who has obviously overstayed his welcome in LA. All in all, both parties will benefit.

Lastly, make that trade with Minnesota...

New York trades:
PG Charlie Ward

New York receives:
C Dean Garrett

TRADE ACCEPTED

Garrett's contract expires after this season. Need I say more?

New York line-up after this trade:

C Iakovos Tsakilidis-Dean Garrett
PF Kurt Thomas-Othella Harrington
SF Lamar Odom-Clarence Weatherspoon
SG Allan Houston-Shandon Anderson
PG Stephon Marbury-Mark Jackson

Reserves:
PG Howard Eisley-takes over once MJax retires
SG Lavor Postell-still a good back-up if the opportunity presents itself
C Travis Knight-is playing hustle basketball nowadays
C Felton Spencer-good thing about him is that his contract will expire soon
AUTOADVERT
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
2/18/2002  6:04 PM
lol, wow since when has Phoenix been having a buy 1 get 3 free sale. U r trippin if think Phoenix would do this. A pick too, u must be really high.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
VG
Member: #68
Australia
2/18/2002  6:49 PM
Actually the Phoenix deal may get done cuz it was mentioned in today's Insider. Maybe we should ad a future secound round-pick or something to make it more fair.
DaKidd
Member: #209
USA
2/18/2002  6:50 PM
Posted by falcindor:

lol, wow since when has Phoenix been having a buy 1 get 3 free sale. U r trippin if think Phoenix would do this. A pick too, u must be really high.

This post from the Insider gave me a little bit of hope. It may or may not happen but it's great to see what could have been...
Marbury to the Knicks: With Suns coach Scott Skiles ousted and the Knicks likely out of the Nick Van Exel sweepstakes, the Suns and Knicks may be two reeling teams in need of each other.

The talk during the All-Star break had the Knicks, Suns and Warriors involved in a three-way trade that would've sent Marbury and Erick Dampier to the Knicks, Latrell Sprewell and Marc Jackson to the Suns and Marcus Camby, John Wallace and a first-round pick to the Warriors.

However, with the Suns' interest in Camby, the Knicks have at least discussed a trade that would send Camby and Latrell Sprewell to Phoenix in return for Marbury, center Jake Tsakalidis, Wallace and Rodney Rogers (both in the last year of their contracts) and a No. 1 pick from Phoenix.

It looks like Marbury may already be on the outs. He was one of the few supporters of Skiles, and a DUI combined with some major chemistry issues has caused his play to suffer. Sunday, Marbury arrived late for a shootaround and new coach Frank Johnson played him only 14 minutes in a loss to Dallas.

Still, a trade isn't likely to happen, but the Suns and Knicks are the two most desperate teams in the NBA right now and that often leads to bad deals.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/18/2002  8:38 PM
Posted by DaKidd:
Posted by falcindor:

This post from the Insider gave me a little bit of hope. It may or may not happen but it's great to see what could have been...
Marbury to the Knicks: With Suns coach Scott Skiles ousted and the Knicks likely out of the Nick Van Exel sweepstakes, the Suns and Knicks may be two reeling teams in need of each other.

The talk during the All-Star break had the Knicks, Suns and Warriors involved in a three-way trade that would've sent Marbury and Erick Dampier to the Knicks, Latrell Sprewell and Marc Jackson to the Suns and Marcus Camby, John Wallace and a first-round pick to the Warriors.

However, with the Suns' interest in Camby, the Knicks have at least discussed a trade that would send Camby and Latrell Sprewell to Phoenix in return for Marbury, center Jake Tsakalidis, Wallace and Rodney Rogers (both in the last year of their contracts) and a No. 1 pick from Phoenix.

It looks like Marbury may already be on the outs. He was one of the few supporters of Skiles, and a DUI combined with some major chemistry issues has caused his play to suffer. Sunday, Marbury arrived late for a shootaround and new coach Frank Johnson played him only 14 minutes in a loss to Dallas.

Still, a trade isn't likely to happen, but the Suns and Knicks are the two most desperate teams in the NBA right now and that often leads to bad deals.
I'm still not crazy about the Marbury deal because you're trading two of our big three and only bringing back one borderline all-star. If the pick was non lotto protected i would probably do it, but not if it is lottery protected. The deal i think is most likely to happen which benefits us a lot is Camby, Thomas, and Jackson and maybe a lottery protected pick for LaFrentz and Van Exel. Layden is currently offering Camby, Jax, and Knight and once he replaces Knight with Thomas and maybe even adds that pick, i think Denver will have to accept.
DaKidd
Member: #209
USA
2/18/2002  9:42 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

I'm still not crazy about the Marbury deal because you're trading two of our big three and only bringing back one borderline all-star. If the pick was non lotto protected i would probably do it, but not if it is lottery protected. The deal i think is most likely to happen which benefits us a lot is Camby, Thomas, and Jackson and maybe a lottery protected pick for LaFrentz and Van Exel. Layden is currently offering Camby, Jax, and Knight and once he replaces Knight with Thomas and maybe even adds that pick, i think Denver will have to accept.

I'd do the Marbury trade over the NVE trade. While it is true that we may be trading two of our big three for a borderline All-Star we would still be getting expiring contracts which could help us land a free agent as soon as the season ends (can I hear Lamar Odom?)

Let's face it, we will not win with the big 3 that we have right now (Spree, Camby and Houston). Why not replace that with a younger big 3 (Odom, Steph and Houston) and see where that would lead us right?

The NVE trade would just screw us New Yorkers once again. While getting Raef sounds appealing, NVE is a major headcase which would only command big bucks or else he will go away from NY for nothing. Cae in point, the fact that he's having second thoughts on waving the last two years of his deal.

So if that happens, then we would end up dealing Camby, MJax and Thomas for Raef. IMO, that deal screws us big time. Camby for Raef is a disadvantage for us let alone a Camby, MJax, Thomas for Raef deal? I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling NVE and all his "ego-driven" ways.

I'm all for the Marbury trade...
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/19/2002  1:40 AM
Posted by DaKidd:
Posted by Knixkik:

I'd do the Marbury trade over the NVE trade. While it is true that we may be trading two of our big three for a borderline All-Star we would still be getting expiring contracts which could help us land a free agent as soon as the season ends (can I hear Lamar Odom?)

Let's face it, we will not win with the big 3 that we have right now (Spree, Camby and Houston). Why not replace that with a younger big 3 (Odom, Steph and Houston) and see where that would lead us right?

The NVE trade would just screw us New Yorkers once again. While getting Raef sounds appealing, NVE is a major headcase which would only command big bucks or else he will go away from NY for nothing. Cae in point, the fact that he's having second thoughts on waving the last two years of his deal.

So if that happens, then we would end up dealing Camby, MJax and Thomas for Raef. IMO, that deal screws us big time. Camby for Raef is a disadvantage for us let alone a Camby, MJax, Thomas for Raef deal? I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling NVE and all his "ego-driven" ways.

Marbury and NVE are both headcases. sucks. Spree was a headcase too. i'd take more of a chance on NVE than Marbury though... Marbury just seems like he just can't understand how to make his teammates around him better, while NVE can do that.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
2/19/2002  3:37 AM
Posted by DaKidd:
Posted by Knixkik:

Actually the trade wouldn't help us that much cap-wise. Well not enough to sign a top FA. According to bskball.com, Wallace and Rogers make about $5 mill combined. NY's payroll is apparently $66 mill but it's more than that because we are still paying for Longley and LJ I think. So all in all, our payroll will still be at least $60 mill next year, probably closer to $70 mill which still puts us well over the salary cap...
A realistic trade that works for us...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy