[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Casual ballhandling
Author Thread
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
12/14/2004  1:43 PM
This concern anyone else? Our TO numbers have been too high in a number of recent games. But I'm less concerned with the totals than the types of turnovers. You can have good turnovers. Guy like J Kidd is so aggressive with his passes that a he'll get a handful of TOs a game just trying to get guys easy shots. Their offense depends on these easy shots, so you take the TO's as a necessary evil.

A lot of our TOs, unfortunately, are coming on lazy passes (Marbury and Timmy Genious are main culprits here). These are passes that have no chance of leading to a basket but are just advancing the ball. Too many are being stolen or are thrown to guys not looking and therefore go out of bounds. First game I noticed this was Orlando, and it strikes me that we're developing some bad habits here.
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/14/2004  2:00 PM
I have seen the lazy pass TO's but I've also seen TO's on great passes from Marbury where the other guy either isn't looking at the ball or just can't hold on to the pass. They're great passes and guys gotta step up more and be aware every moment around Marbury. I don't blame him for those - guys gotta up their games to take the most advantage of him.
Casual ballhandling

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy