[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ NJ 12/14
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/14/2004  11:48 PM
I was thinking about the future with Marbury-Crawford-Ariza and I was thinking about how Ariza'a clean up style fits in with them. Maybe he turns out to be a JYD type in the future. If he could improve his jumper, play more under control, and add some strength. That trio could be very deadly.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/14/2004  11:51 PM
nothing makes me feel better than beating the Nets. NAZR is the second coming! He just gets stronger and stronger as the season goes along!
gunsnewing
USA
12/15/2004  12:17 AM
by the way, I would rather have Jamal on my team then Richard Jefferson. The bottom line is the game is about putting the ball in the hole. RJ can't unless he's dunkin the ball. I'd be so worried if RJ was our second best player. I'm much more comfortablt with Jamal and H20. You saw how awful RJ was in the Olympics. He's all stats. It's not his fault...he's doing the best he can but the guy can't score and only averages 20 because he's always been on a team only with 1 or 2 good players and a bunch of scrubs and most of his points are layups and dunks.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 12/15/2004 00:24:26]
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
12/15/2004  12:25 AM
Good game actually I thought for us. Nets make everybody play lowscoring games, they play really good D, but can't score, tonight was not an exception. Actually I thought we scored relatively a lot against a team that generally plays games in high 70's low 80's and was involved in several games that ended int he 60's.

Obviously they do somethg that works to limit the scoring on both sides against the rest of the NBA, too, not just us.

Like BRIGGS said, first time we won a game totally with defense. Granted it is the Nets, but it is a good sine to at leat beat somebody with defense, no matter who.

Besides, Nets were playin well coming into this game, I think on like a 3-1 strech. In the East thats good enough to challenge for 8th seed lol.

Mad props for Mohammed, he is getting bettery every game it seems, and I'm talkin bout defesne, I don't really care about his scoring, I'd actually rather he only attempted dunks and tipins. But if his shotblocking continues to improve as it has recently, we don't need any other center, we just need a lowpost PF. Sweetney needs to step it up and live up to the summer league promise.

Also, nice recovery again, it was lookin like last year's playoffs for a good portion of the 1st quarter. Seems to be a pattern with slow starts these days, did the same against the Nuggets. On one hand it is a bad thing to start slow, on the hand, it seems Lenny has awaken from a long slumber and is actually making in game adjustments, which I havent seen him do succesfully at all so far.

Tommorow we face oue demons and attempt to sweep the back to back for it seems the 1st time in like 4 years. Piston have been playin badly, so we might be able to beat them at home. I think it will all come down to Houston abiltity to shoot over the top of a defense, as that is the only way to consistently score on the Pistons. Good thing we rested him tonight, I'm expecting big things out of him tommorow.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
gunsnewing
USA
12/15/2004  12:35 AM
since Isiah and Lenny took over we've won some surprising back to backs as far as I can remember. Whereas with Layden-Chaney we never did.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 12/15/2004 00:35:28]
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/15/2004  7:00 AM
Posted by diderotn:

When will you all and Lenny be smart enough to notice that our starting lineup is in desperate need for a defensive change? This team always gives up big leads all because they show no defensive abilities what so ever. Our starters are all offensive players believe it or not. Yes, some of you claim that Kurt is our best defender, but I am here to remind you all again, that Kurt is not a freaking defender. JYD is badly needed to complement our front-court.

I'm not arguing that TT doesn't deserve to start, and I definately would not argue if JYD , but I don't think it cost us any games.
JYD brings some great hustle off the bench and re-energizes our players. His play is not affected by whether he starts or not. The only thing I would complain about is if he is not getting the minutes, but he is.

I'm just happy to be back over .500, let's see how we fair against the Pistons tonight.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/15/2004  7:29 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

AI became a SG

i think you're right, that's what curtailed their rivalry. But now AI is back to PG, isn't he? Let's get it on.
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #737
USA
12/15/2004  7:49 AM
I read something and it said marbury had the flu. I was wondering why he was sitting in the bench
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ NJ 12/14

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy