[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Zeke206 of RealGM (update on VC)
Author Thread
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/13/2004  9:24 PM
Does anyone on here post on the RealGM boards? I usually read some threads when things are going slow here, and apparenly the user Zeke206 has posted an update.

As we sit here on December 13th 2004, the Knicks Stand 10-10. Isiah Thomas predicted this would be our record because of the difficult, YES i did say difficult schedual we have faced... Playing in texas, playing numorous back to back games, playing 4 games in 5 nights... I would like to congradualte the knicks thus far.

The Knicks have been dominateing the rumor wire this year thus far. Questions like "Will Lenny Last the Season", "Is Marbury the next to go", and "Is VC commin or not?" have been just a few questions asked by reporters and people on this board. To clear most of them up:

Lenny Wilkins although got off to a very rocky start seems to have regained the confidence of this team and management. Might I dare say that if Lenny Wilkins was fired he would be the second best coach available after one Phil Jackson... Lenny should be here the rest of year and do pretty well. Lennys contract would be addressed in the offseason.

Marbury rumor... mmmmmmmmmm just that a rumor and a stupid one at that moving on

Vince Carter: Will VC soon be warring the Orange and Blue. All things are looking good in the VC department. The Raptors continue to struggle. Jalen Rose wants out, VC wants out, heck even Rafer Alston wants out. The raptors should blow up this mess before the deadline. A surprising but very good thing comming to the knicks is that Isiah Thomas is no longer calling the Raptors, just this past week Rob Babcock (Toronto GM) has called Thomas many times to purpose deals and so on. Babcock surprisingly has shown intresst in Allen Houston but would be very surprising if Houston was traded... JC name also has been mentioned in VC trade talks. JC will not be traded however the goal Thomas wants is to have Steph, JC, and VC in the same backcourt together and might i add that would be matchup hell for any opposing team. So none the less VC talks are still in progress, all players have been mentioned in talks except for NY untouchables Steph and JC!... As I've said before this deal at times looks to be done tommerow and other times looks like it ain't going anywhere... However all signs point to VC ending up in Orange and Blue before seasons end.

Now, I don't go there enough to know the validity of this, but the users and moderators there really respect him as an inside information poster. The most I saw was one person saying he has been right many times in the past. So all I want to know now is, if any of you post there frequently, is this really someone to pay attention to or to just disregard?

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=313421
AUTOADVERT
BigC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #829
12/13/2004  10:25 PM
I have mix feelings about this trade. I like VC, however I would like to see Houston,Jamal and Marbury play together before pulling the plug.
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/13/2004  10:37 PM
There is nothing there that has not been reported in the papers.

I think its bad to trade JC after recruiting him. He did get JC his money, but to sell him out after just 20 games just does feel like the right thing to do. Tell a guy you want him, then "bam" trade him after two months?

In a year or so Jamal might be real special. Get that shot selection better, and more D he can be better than Rip.

Doe Vince also move here with his Moms?
BigC
Member: #829
12/13/2004  11:56 PM
Jamal is not supposed to be in the trade. Allan Houston and TT are suppose to be in the trade or Kurt Thomas
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/14/2004  12:30 AM
I am a moderator at RealGM on the knicks board, and a lot of people are paying attention to this guy, some are skeptical, but I still think his credibility is up in the air somewhat, but so far, a lot of people over there believe him....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
12/14/2004  3:54 AM
there's no way on god's green earth that zeke off's jc after all he went through to get him. noone has uttered the term F-I-R-E - I-S-I-A-H in the garden yet. i don't think he wants it to come to that. steph and jc in my eyes are untouchable, let's hope they are in zeke's eyes too.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/14/2004  7:50 AM
I heard on the 590 the fan in Toronto this morning that the Raptors want Crawford and believes a HAPPY healthy Carter is better than Crawford. THE POST SAYS: But the players the Knicks have made available — Tim Thomas, Penny Hardaway, Allan Houston, Jerome Williams, Moochie Norris — are an "INSULT" to Raptor GM Rob Babcock.

Jerome Williams is fan favorite in Toronto, may be the only one with appeal, as a throw-in.

So we will see, by the way VC and his wife are expecting their 1st child in June and wants to raise the kid in the States ALONG WITH HIS MOM. Mom usually gets what she wants.

[Edited by - playa2 on 12/14/2004 07:52:41]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/14/2004  10:37 AM
I don't care what vince wants, or his mother, the knicks do not need to trade a 24 year old rising star, IMO for a guy who has a long list of health problems and has shown that he can be a detrement to a team when things are not going his way...

Toronto can either keep a unhappy vince, or get fleeced and move on....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
12/14/2004  10:47 AM
Posted by tkf:

I don't care what vince wants, or his mother, the knicks do not need to trade a 24 year old rising star, IMO for a guy who has a long list of health problems and has shown that he can be a detrement to a team when things are not going his way...

Thanks for summarizing what has been boiling over in my head over the last 3 days...what is everybody's hurry to purge our team of the future? Maybe it's just that i read the "Get Wilcox" rant, but come on guys...if we aren't picking up a big man, any scorer we pick up will just be taking points from one of our other scorers...everyone had their chance to deal with zeke before, now, et fleeced or get out our face...everyone will be flocking to the knicks in the next 2 to 3 years and we'll have expiring contracts and a solid fan base...everyone will be eating their hearts out (like they are now) to come to NYC...we just bide our time, win 45 games this year (possibly 50) play shaq tough in the second round of the playoffs and next year put it all together again...FUTURE PEOPLE..FUTURE.

Also, isn't curry available soon? patience baby..patience.
all kool aid all the time.
playa2

12/14/2004  10:48 AM
Posted by tkf:

Carter, who's due off the injured list after Sunday's game, is still one of the league's top three exciting players, smack in his prime at 27. He's desperate for a new venue, a new challenge. Broadway, he believes, is that challenge.

This is nothing against Crawford, another excellent Thomas pickup. But will Crawford ever be as good as Carter, the leading vote-getter for last year's All-Star Game?

Crawford is shooting just 40.4 percent. When he gets on a roll, it's scary. But his shot selection is iffy and he doesn't create enough for teammates. Crawford doesn't have a true position defensively and has to get stronger, overpowered by shooting guards. Crawford's been a big cog on four dreadful Bulls' teams.

I would make this trade without your approval TKF
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
rvhoss
Switzerland
12/14/2004  10:55 AM
if leading the league in all star votes is the measurement for better, then no, Craw won't be able to dupe the voting public into thinking he is productive when he plays half of the games (or none like the year vince got more votes than jordan and didn't play at all).

But if excitement is what you want, go to a game at the garden...Marbs is the star on broadway, and Craw brings the magic as well...vince is past his prime, just like harold Minor (baby jordan, remember him) and every other next Jordan...if they won't take TT, they don't get jack from us...Craw, Marbs, Nazr + rotating roll players, equals 45 wins. Craw, Marbs, Vince, Nazr + rotating roll players, equals 47 wins and a leading all star vote getter...Not worth it, let's move on.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 12/14/2004 10:58:02]
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/14/2004  11:17 AM
I am not convinced Vince is past his prime.

Craw+JYD for Vince.... if I was Isiah I would be thinking very hard on this one.

Here is why you do it. Vince is/has been an all-star. He can carry a team in the playoffs. It's not like you are getting old, but Vince is more apt to get hurt at this point.

I would want to talk with Vince and have me convinced that he is the real deal, and then I would want my medical staff to give him a thorough checking.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/14/2004  11:18 AM
We need a PF/C that can score consistently in the post not a SG/SF that can slash, dunk and shoot. Carter is a injury prone crybaby.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
rvhoss
Switzerland
12/14/2004  11:22 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

We need a PF/C that can score consistently in the post not a SG/SF that can slash, dunk and shoot. Carter is a injury prone crybaby.

Exactly, we don't need to sell tickets, we need to win games. We are already selling tickets with Craw. If he wasn't injury prone and already bad mouthed our current coach in the past (how quickly we forget) then maybe, but this guy is a time bomb waiting to blow up in Zeke's face, and it isn't worth it...TT and Ariza, final offer.
playa2

12/14/2004  11:32 AM
Somebody in our backcourt has to be able to play defense, don't tell me Craw can play defense better than Vince Carter.

If the knicks lack a true intimidator in the front court, it's imperative that we bring in someone in the backcourt who can play defense too and not just score.
rvhoss
Switzerland
12/14/2004  11:38 AM
Posted by playa2:

Somebody in our backcourt has to be able to play defense, don't tell me Craw can play defense better than Vince Carter.

If the knicks lack a true intimidator in the front court, it's imperative that we bring in someone in the backcourt who can play defense too and not just score.

Don't get me wrong...I jock vince, I'm just all done with players that demand to be traded...I'm a fan of Dr. J...he stayed in philly through thick and thin and got his one championship...Barkley, begged for a trade and ended up with nothing.

Now Vince has an opportunity to do something in Toronto, and now he wants out because of a couple of bad years...i don't want him...there is nothing worst than a malcontent in the new york area (see kidd).

Just would rather have the optimism of Crawford than the glam of vince...ask me before Craw was so exciting to watch and the new darling of NYC and I would have said, Crawford who? But after 20 games, I'm with Zeke...let's see what these kids can do...now don't get me wrong...

we have a losing record in January, Vince for Craw + JYD ABSO-EFFING-LUTELY.

But no reason to mortgage until after the holidays.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/14/2004  11:40 AM
Playa.. shouldnt you be asking if Crawford will ever be as good as Vince *was* because right now he's sure as hell as good as Vince *is* and a funny thing about Jamal.. he actually plays games.

Crawford will never be the player Vince was 3-4 years ago, but then again my guess is neither will Vince.

I would much rather hold out for a chance at Artest, Marion, Brand... whoever. A bunch of guys are going to up for grabs as teams are always restructuring.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/14/2004  11:48 AM
Artest???? in n.y.?
The true Knickabocker..........
Pike
Member: #403
12/14/2004  11:55 AM
Posted by BigC:

Jamal is not supposed to be in the trade. Allan Houston and TT are suppose to be in the trade or Kurt Thomas

Raptors aren't stupid. They have no interest in H20, TT or KT.

Only a deal involving JC gets it done. That's why nothing has happened yet. After Wednesday, we'll know if there is anything to these rumors.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/14/2004  12:22 PM
Its been said by Isiah that Allan will not be traded.

Good point about Vince. The raps are turning it around and have a nice base. Vince is the franchise and whines!

Phuch him.

If The raps want to dump him, then perhaps, but I want players whom are excited to play, and play here.
Zeke206 of RealGM (update on VC)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy