[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade Kurt Thomas, start Mike Sweetney!!
Author Thread
Pike
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #403
12/13/2004  4:25 PM
I've been thinking a lot about this...While I appreciate the way KT has been playing this year for the most part, we should take advantage of his high marketability and trade him now. I'd package him for Eddie Curry. I don't want our power forward being a jump shooter. He's also holding back the power forward of the future... a man who's time has come! Sweetney needs to start and be logging serious minutes... it'll also free up some minutes for Ariza. The time to act is now, Isiah!!
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/13/2004  5:03 PM
Yea pike, sometimes I wish zeke would have let him walk instead of giving him all that "JACK".

If we had a pf that was more athletic than Durty Kurty it would be much better.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/13/2004  5:05 PM
Kurt is good but he doesn't fit the future of this team. Deep down I think Isiah will trade him
bernard
Member: #475
12/13/2004  5:12 PM
All that Jack? C'mon, KT's is a good contract. He's got trade value because he's signed up for a reasonable amount (by current standards) for several years. Do wish we hadn't agreed to the trade kicker, though, because he'd be even more valuable a trading chip w/o it.

In any event, can't disagree w/ trading KT IF we get something decent for him. His value is high, and his game isn't likely to do anything but get weaker over coming years. Right now, think Sweet could give us another 10 productive mins/game, as could JYD. We'd better get a player who can make up the rest of KT's 35 mins/game and has more upside or we'll be taking a big step back.
Pike
12/13/2004  5:25 PM
Exactly, we have to take advantage of KT's current market vlaue... and it helps our kids develop. Sweetney's going to be an all star. If we can get rebounding help at the center position for KT, many birds with one stone.... Ariza and JYD get more playing time as well.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/13/2004  6:34 PM
Not to burst anyone's bubble but there is no KT trade value. No one wants him if they did he would have been out of here by now. And if they do its for garbage. Isiah has been trying since last year to part ways with KT and there are no takers.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/13/2004  7:53 PM
Sweetney is not yet ready to start at this point...i had thought he would be farther along in his development, but he's actually looked alot better last year than he has so far this season...hopefully it's due somewhat to his sore thumb or whatever it is that's ailing him lately...he needs to work on his midrange jumpshot & has to improve his conditioning & stamina...dropping at least 10-15 pounds would do him good too...he looked great in summer leagues, but it looks as if he's put on at least 10 pounds since then...maybe my eyes are fooling me but i could swear he's heavier than he was when training camp started.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/13/2004  8:02 PM
Damn, I have been saying this crop all season long. Kurt has to go. I don't care about how good of a defender that some of you think that he is.
The true Knickabocker..........
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/13/2004  8:05 PM
Kt does have trade value, and like Pike said, his stock will probably never be this high at this point in his career.. curry will be a better, much better long term solution, we may take a step back to take two steps forward..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/13/2004  8:20 PM
Posted by TMS:

Sweetney is not yet ready to start at this point...i had thought he would be farther along in his development, but he's actually looked alot better last year than he has so far this season...hopefully it's due somewhat to his sore thumb or whatever it is that's ailing him lately...he needs to work on his midrange jumpshot & has to improve his conditioning & stamina...dropping at least 10-15 pounds would do him good too...he looked great in summer leagues, but it looks as if he's put on at least 10 pounds since then...maybe my eyes are fooling me but i could swear he's heavier than he was when training camp started.

I think da boy got an EATING PROBLEM somebody needs to teach this boy how to eat. Remember Oliver Miller al the talent in the world , but he couldn't push away from the table.

[Edited by - PLAYA2 on 12/13/2004 20:58:41]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/13/2004  8:22 PM
Here is a deal that Chicago may not refuse: Kurt, draft pick and Penny for Curry and Davis.

Posted by tkf:

Kt does have trade value, and like Pike said, his stock will probably never be this high at this point in his career.. curry will be a better, much better long term solution, we may take a step back to take two steps forward..
The true Knickabocker..........
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/13/2004  8:31 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Here is a deal that Chicago may not refuse: Kurt, draft pick and Penny for Curry and Davis.

Posted by tkf:

If this trade happen I will be very happy. Because I have been waiting a long time to see KT out of orange and blue.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/13/2004  8:44 PM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by TMS:

I think da boy got an EATING PROBLEM somebody needs to each this boy how to eat. Remember Oliver Miller al the talent in the world , but he couldn't push away from the table.

mike sweetney was 300lbs 3 years ago
he lost 15-20 lbs every year since then
he's dedicated to getting into shape
he's a good kid that's gonna be a good player
no oliver miller or traylor references b/c he's clearly not like that
he's at 265 now
he'll probably be 250 next year

only people i trade sweetney for is kwame, dalembert, and possibly chandler (no curry)
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/13/2004  9:26 PM
Chicago isn't trading Chandler..he's amazing
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/13/2004  9:39 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Chicago isn't trading Chandler..he's amazing

Yeah but there are a lot of bad signs with that back.
Pike
12/14/2004  12:48 PM
Curry, not Chandler.
Trade Kurt Thomas, start Mike Sweetney!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy