[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Believe it or not, the secret to N.Y's success will come when........
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/13/2004  1:31 PM
with Houston back now I'm still not sure who deserves to play..penny or ariza. Neither has shown much, but right now I'm leaning towards Ariza. At least for a few games so he can get comfortable because at times he just looks like a 2nd round pick, but i'm sick of Penny's poor shooting. Although he does miss every shot in the 4th quarter but mananges to hit the clinchers lol

And Ariza is part of the future while Penny has no future with the Knciks.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 12/13/2004 13:32:36]
AUTOADVERT
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
12/13/2004  1:38 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I agree with that. You know what, remember the year when Kobe spent his offseason boxing, he struggled offensively also, but by mid-season he was balling like ever before. In fact that was the same year when they won their secon championship. Some analysts claimed that his poor shooting were mainly because of the added bulk that he added to his upper body. However, they also said that the bulk that he gained would have kept him fresh later on in the season. TT is going through the same little ordeal, plus his off the court issues are hindering his game. I am expecting for him to gradually get his game together.

Posted by rvhoss:

Doesn't matter, we have depth now, defense go penny, offense go H20. If he has one of his on nights, he stays in, otherwise, to the bench.

Brother, please do not compare a superstar like Kobe to an underachieving failure like Tim Thomas.. No Comparison!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/13/2004  3:06 PM
I wasn't comparing the two, altough TT has the abilities less the desire to be as good as Kobe. I was just comparing the regimen that they have both used.
The true Knickabocker..........
diderotn
USA
12/14/2004  12:25 PM
will finally see the 4 guards lineup with Nazr @ center
Pike
Member: #403
12/14/2004  12:59 PM
We probably won't be able to move Penny until his contract runs out. Unless, he's involved in a deal where two big contracts are exchanged. An example of which would involve Penny and Rose in a VC/Crawford deal.

Unfortunatley, Houston's ours thru 2007. The thought of him making 20.7M (in the last year of his contract) makes me absolutely ill!

[Edited by - Pike on 12/14/2004 13:00:29]
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/14/2004  1:07 PM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

You need to know when Zeke picked him up, the trade really was to get NAzr... TT was a throw-in..

This is a BS cover up! TT was NOT a throw in. He was at least
60-70% of the point of that deal. It ended up not working out.
But don't tell me that that was the plan all along. That's crap!

And NO to 3-guard line up + TT. Bench him. No rebounds, no power moves from TT.
and
Panos
12/14/2004  1:10 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I agree with that. You know what, remember the year when Kobe spent his offseason boxing, he struggled offensively also, but by mid-season he was balling like ever before. In fact that was the same year when they won their secon championship. Some analysts claimed that his poor shooting were mainly because of the added bulk that he added to his upper body. However, they also said that the bulk that he gained would have kept him fresh later on in the season. TT is going through the same little ordeal, plus his off the court issues are hindering his game. I am expecting for him to gradually get his game together.

Posted by rvhoss:

Doesn't matter, we have depth now, defense go penny, offense go H20. If he has one of his on nights, he stays in, otherwise, to the bench.

This is crap too! How can you draw a correlation?! YOu have
ONE data point in Kobe and use it to draw up a conclusion about
the effects of boxing on one's basketball game?!
Besides that, it should have made him stronger to get to the rim.
Unfortunately, Gazy is just Gazy-ing it.
Bench him.
diderotn
USA
12/14/2004  1:15 PM
Since we have yet to try that lineup, how are yo so sure that TT is not going to do good? Then again, maybe tonight will be time that he brakes out of his issues. Didn't he injure himself playing versus the Nets? what could be a better night to come out and play his heart out....

Posted by Panos:
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

You need to know when Zeke picked him up, the trade really was to get NAzr... TT was a throw-in..

This is a BS cover up! TT was NOT a throw in. He was at least
60-70% of the point of that deal. It ended up not working out.
But don't tell me that that was the plan all along. That's crap!

And NO to 3-guard line up + TT. Bench him. No rebounds, no power moves from TT.
and
Panos
12/14/2004  1:20 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Since we have yet to try that lineup, how are yo so sure that TT is not going to do good? Then again, maybe tonight will be time that he brakes out of his issues. Didn't he injure himself playing versus the Nets? what could be a better night to come out and play his heart out....

I'll tell you what, I went to the preseason game they played against
NJ, and he didn't look the least bit interested. Same happened when
he was on the court with KMart! He's all talk. There is NO fire in
him. So you can do all the wishful, self-deceiving thinking you want
he's just GAZY.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/14/2004  2:46 PM
TT hasn't been all that good this season. But I can't trash him yet. Last season when Housotn went down & KT hurt his hand making him less effective TT stepped his game up and was a huge reason that instead of giving Suns a lottery pick we made the playoffs.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Believe it or not, the secret to N.Y's success will come when........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy