[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Believe it or not, the secret to N.Y's success will come when........
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
12/13/2004  9:24 AM
Lenny finds balls to use the 3 guards lineup with TT playing either the PF or Center position. That lineup in my opinion is deadly, especially if all of the guys are shooting the ball well. Who in the league can guard a lineup of: Marb, Crawf, Houston, TT, and Nazr???? No one but the Wizzard actually. Lenny has been talking about it, but I can't wait to see how that plays out.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/13/2004  9:30 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Lenny finds balls to use the 3 guards lineup with TT playing either the PF or Center position. That lineup in my opinion is deadly, especially if all of the guys are shooting the ball well.
If the 3 guards are shooting the ball well, I would rather have Sweetney in there with Nazr. TT is really letting me down this year. He doesnt seem to be any better than KVH. We dont need him to play out of position with we have a 3 guard lineup that's shooting well.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
12/13/2004  9:32 AM
I use this line up on espn xbox NBA2k...it is uncoverable, the problem is that TT plays better on xbox than real life.

In the meantime, I think working the offensive defensive switch at SF with H20 and TT should suffice...if TT ever awakens, CHAMPIONSHIP!

Yeah, you heard me...CHAMPIONSHIP...the heat are already looking weak (shaq held to under 20 points numerous times by undersized East centers), and detroit and indiana reduced to shells of themselves due to brawling.

Now, we may not win one, but once you get in the sky is the limit.

PS. Shaq is a bumb!

Posted by diderotn:

Lenny finds balls to use the 3 guards lineup with TT playing either the PF or Center position. That lineup in my opinion is deadly, especially if all of the guys are shooting the ball well. Who in the league can guard a lineup of: Marb, Crawf, Houston, TT, and Nazr???? No one but the Wizzard actually. Lenny has been talking about it, but I can't wait to see how that plays out.
all kool aid all the time.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/13/2004  9:41 AM
not.

A 3 guard alignment wont have TT in it unless he's one of the 3 guards. In case you never actually watched a game TT is a shooting guard in PF's body. It hasnt changed for 8 years in the NBA. Time to wake up.... dude.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
12/13/2004  9:46 AM
Here is my theory behind this whole thing, TT believe it or not operates better when there is open spot on the floor. With Allan, Crawf, and Marb, teams are forced to cover those three guys, especially when Marb is lighting it up from the 3. TT, in my opinion is our biggest asset on the court, because of the matchup problems that he can cause for the oponent. Nazr is coming into his own, and I am expecting TT to feel challenge by Houston. He knows that for him to be on the court, he has to play at both ends. If he stays inside, his athleticism will earn him a lot of points. I do believe that TT can be an excellent defender if he learns to guard the other player with his hands extended above his waist line. I don't know if you guys have realize this or not, I have watched him on defense, although he has pretty good stand for a 6'10" SF, but his palms are parallel to his knees. Good defenders palms are always above their waist line. Maybe someone needs to point that out to him. On rebound, TT always find himself waiting for the ball to come to him, instead of going after it. He needs to take one of the tapes and watch how Sweetney operates downlow, and take a few pointers. One is never too old to learn new tricks.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
12/13/2004  9:54 AM
Secret to NY's Success will be on the defensive end. We know they can score but how will their defense hold up via the season..

Out of the starting five, the only consistent defensive player is Kurt Thomas. Marbury and Crawford needs to improve defensively and NAzr needs to stay out of foul woes..

We already know about TIM THomas. Isiah is gonna have to get this team into a more defensive oriented team...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
diderotn
USA
12/13/2004  10:05 AM
So, who do you trade to get Vince, because Isiah has made it clear that he wants him?????? the next question is what will happen with Lenny, because Vince and he didn't get along???

Posted by WOODMANnYk:

Secret to NY's Success will be on the defensive end. We know they can score but how will their defense hold up via the season..

Out of the starting five, the only consistent defensive player is Kurt Thomas. Marbury and Crawford needs to improve defensively and NAzr needs to stay out of foul woes..

We already know about TIM THomas. Isiah is gonna have to get this team into a more defensive oriented team...
rvhoss
Switzerland
12/13/2004  10:07 AM
yep...it's all about defense...and recently, I've seen TT coming out of it, with blocks (stopping vince on the final shot) etc.

His 6'-10 frame is good for negating the SF (which at the moment the Miami Heat don't have).

We'll see wednesday night...can H20 guard teyshawn? I'd rather have TT on him.
diderotn
USA
12/13/2004  10:24 AM
I am strongly convinced that TT will put up some huge numbers by midseason. I can't find the reason why we should trad him for Vince. This is a hell of a decision, because we have a bunch of players that we can use to win games, and Carter is a big name player. I would hate to be in Isiah's shoes right now.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
12/13/2004  11:12 AM
What makes you so convinced that TT will do anything?

You have been predicting a TT breakout game every game this year.

Give it a rest TT is just plain bad. He does not do anything other then score, and when his shot is off, he is pure garbage.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
12/13/2004  11:32 AM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

...NY's Success will be on the defensive end.

Exactly. Lenny needs to get these guys to play more consistant D.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/13/2004  11:40 AM
Posted by simrud:

Give it a rest TT is just plain bad. He does not do anything other then score, and when his shot is off, he is pure garbage.

hehehe. When TT's 37 years old, people are still gonna be predicting a breakout year for him.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/13/2004  11:42 AM
yup. i think it's pretty much time to give up on tim and stop trying to think of ways for him to help. all he is now is $14 mil off the books in 05/06.
diderotn
USA
12/13/2004  11:55 AM
His effort as of late. I think that he is finally putting it together on the defensive end. Now he just has to be a little consistant.

Posted by simrud:

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/13/2004  12:00 PM
he better get it together if he wants a nice contract. With the way he's playing he'd be lucky to get the MLE
diderotn
USA
12/13/2004  12:29 PM
he will. He is showing signs.
rvhoss
Switzerland
12/13/2004  12:31 PM
Doesn't matter, we have depth now, defense go penny, offense go H20. If he has one of his on nights, he stays in, otherwise, to the bench.
WOODMANnYk
USA
12/13/2004  1:26 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

Doesn't matter, we have depth now, defense go penny, offense go H20. If he has one of his on nights, he stays in, otherwise, to the bench.

Defense go to PENNY??? Brother, wake up!!! Penny will not be here long and H20 as well. BOTTOM LINE--- KNICKS need to identify themselves as a core defensive unit otherwise they will not win a Championship anytime in the future.

The Future. GO KNICKS!
diderotn
USA
12/13/2004  1:29 PM
I agree with that. You know what, remember the year when Kobe spent his offseason boxing, he struggled offensively also, but by mid-season he was balling like ever before. In fact that was the same year when they won their secon championship. Some analysts claimed that his poor shooting were mainly because of the added bulk that he added to his upper body. However, they also said that the bulk that he gained would have kept him fresh later on in the season. TT is going through the same little ordeal, plus his off the court issues are hindering his game. I am expecting for him to gradually get his game together.

Posted by rvhoss:

WOODMANnYk
USA
12/13/2004  1:29 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I am strongly convinced that TT will put up some huge numbers by midseason. I can't find the reason why we should trad him for Vince. This is a hell of a decision, because we have a bunch of players that we can use to win games, and Carter is a big name player. I would hate to be in Isiah's shoes right now.
Hate to tell you but TT is PURE GABAGE!! HE's TRASH.. An underachiever.. LOOK, when he came to the league, he was inconsistent, 6 yrs later same old story.. What you see is what you're gonna get from him..

You need to know when Zeke picked him up, the trade really was to get NAzr... TT was a throw-in..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Believe it or not, the secret to N.Y's success will come when........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy