[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What in the world is wrong with Isiah.....
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
12/13/2004  7:20 AM
I was hoping that he would keep that pressure on his players (Houston, TT, and the rest of the squad), but this morning I read that he wouldn't consider trading Houston. Pressure tends to make a team play like a team, and N.Y. truly needs to play like a team, especially on the defensive side. I like a good controversy at times. Now that Houston is off the table, and Isiah lets it be knowned that he wants Carter, who is he willing to trade to the Raptors? I sure hope that Ariza, Nazr, and Sweetney are not one of them.

Kurt, TT, Penny, Moochie, draft picks, for Carter and a bad contract.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
12/13/2004  7:32 AM
Vince Carter = Mr. Glass

If we get carter, Wilkens will be gone at year's end.

Tops, TT and Penny for Carter and that other guy. But liking this team...can carter play defense as well or better than TT? Maybe, but having both Houston and carter on the team is not advisable.

OK, maybe TT and Houston for Carter and that other guy (forget his name this early), that makes the most sense, and maybe toss in Penny (can they take Vin "the tinman" Baker?)

Well, enough rambling...I'd like to keep penny and I think TT is going to be a good keeper, we have enough scoring from crawford and Marbs and H20, so keep us as we are, wait until season's end and let's see what we can do over the summer...as long as we win 45 games.
all kool aid all the time.
diderotn
USA
12/13/2004  7:47 AM
other guy? did you mean Kurt Thomas????? I don't see the need for Carter if we are not going to trade Houston. They are both 6'6" and both have bad knees. Someone will have to go. Personally, I would much rather see Houston go if we are going to bring in Carter. I would elect to keep TT, because he is long and soon or later will have to take pride and play some stellar D.
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
12/13/2004  8:46 AM
i think by other guy he means jalen rose
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/13/2004  9:14 AM
ISIAH: WE WON'T DEAL HOUSTON

By MARC BERMAN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email Archives
Print Reprint

December 13, 2004 -- Isiah Thomas acknowledged Allan Houston won't be included in any potential Vince Carter trade. But Thomas made it seem like it's his call, not Toronto's, declaring he will not trade Houston.
Of course, that's absurd, considering Isiah left him unprotected in the expansion draft in June. Toronto is not interested and it's unlikely any team is because of the $58 million left on his contract combined with the health risk.

"There's been talk about trading Allan Houston," Isiah said. "That's not going to happen."

When asked is if it's because nobody wants his contract, Isiah said, "I like him. I want to see our team have a chance to play with him."

Houston's name came up in Carter talks, but the Raptors passed. Isiah made it sound he's squarely in the hunt for Carter.

"My job is to be interested in players, otherwise I wouldn't be doing my job," Isiah said. "I made a phone call to Karl Malone's agent. Did I reach out and try to make contact? Yes. Was he interested? No.

"When players are being talked about such as Vince Carter, my job is to be interested and see if I can find out what's going on. You don't have a deal until it's done."

Houston claims Isiah assured him he won't be dealt. Houston sounded skeptical.

"I am happy, but at the same time it's a business," Houston said.

And Isiah noted the Knicks aren't close to a title.

"That's not to say this is the team that's going to take us to the championship," said Thomas. "We've still got to get better."

Isiah said it was his decision to activate Houston last Tuesday night, two games before he was ready.

"That was me," Isiah said, adding he wanted to give Houston "the option" of playing earlier.

"There wasn't anyone trying to pressure him," Isiah said.

end.

It was reported Dolan does not want allan moved. If isiah is going to try to get Carter he must do it by lowballing the market. he can do if he takes Rose and offers financial relief. Thats his best move.

playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/13/2004  9:33 AM
Toronto only wants a star player in re-turn, they need to have a "NAME" to draw fans to the games. Most fans were mad when the crowd favorite Charles Oakley was dealt to Toronto and Marcus Camby came aboard. I welcomed that trade and I welcome a trade for VC as long as Houston is not involved.

[Edited by - playa2 on 12/13/2004 09:37:08]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
rvhoss
Switzerland
12/13/2004  9:49 AM
I guess that's basically Jalen Rose and Mr. Glass for JYD, H20 and TT....but I really think TT is on the way back...10 points in 20 minutes works great for me. Last night, pretty much his numbers.

Since houston's return:
TT - 23 minutes, 9.5 pts, add this to Houstons 18 minutes and 8.5 points. whoever is hot, go with it...I can't see TT continuing to start though.
Posted by playa2:

Toronto only wants a star player in re-turn, they need to have a "NAME" to draw fans to the games.
diderotn
USA
12/13/2004  9:51 AM
This trade doesnt make any sense, especially if we don't include Houston in it. Who will be playing the SG position???? Crawf, Houston, Vince??? Who? If we trade TT, who will be our SF???? and please don't say Vince nor Houston.
rvhoss
Switzerland
12/13/2004  9:53 AM
Isn't Vince a sf?
Posted by diderotn:

This trade doesnt make any sense, especially if we don't include Houston in it. Who will be playing the SG position???? Crawf, Houston, Vince??? Who? If we trade TT, who will be our SF???? and please don't say Vince nor Houston.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/13/2004  10:00 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Relax, so many words, so few trades.

Vince, Rose, Allan? Allan is not going any where. Vince is a small forward. Sometimes one trade begets another. Just relax, I doubt it happens, and if it does, it will be one that makes sense.

Isiahs home for lost billionaire divas will take good care of him, make him feel special, loved, and then bought out!

Isiahs likely trying to lowball the situation. Vince will make it intolerable for the Raps to keep him.

I just as assume not even go this direction. We need more bigs. But if he can turn Penny and TT into Rose and Vince, and then BabPenis can sell it to his fans, then it will happen.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/13/2004  10:23 AM
Fans won't except TT and Penny, trust me!
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
diderotn
USA
12/13/2004  10:27 AM
In all actuality, I want to keep TT, but is he a true SF or a should be PF??????? Will we finally see what this guy is made off????
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/13/2004  10:37 AM
Posted by diderotn:

In all actuality, I want to keep TT, but is he a true SF or a should be PF??????? Will we finally see what this guy is made off????
Like Fish said, he's more of a true SG trapped in a PFs body.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/13/2004  10:41 AM
Posted by diderotn:

The guy is way too soft at sf a lot of the time, so how could you possibly imagine him competing at pf?
diderotn
USA
12/13/2004  11:09 AM
Nowitsky is soft also, but he is an all-star type PF/C.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/13/2004  11:13 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Nowitski has been a consistent rebounder, more often than not in double figures.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/13/2004  11:22 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Now that is just crazy talk. Dirk averages 20.8 PPG, 8.40 RPG, 2.4 APG, 1.05 BPG for the regular season. In the playoffs he gets ludicrous. 25.6 PPG, 11 RPG, 1.9 APG, 1.08 BPG.

If that is soft then what does that make TT?
diderotn
USA
12/13/2004  12:32 PM
that makes TT butter. My point exactly. He has the talents necessary to be as good as Nowitsky. He needs to continue on strenghten his back and uper boddy to achieve the numbers that Dirk has been posting. Instead of running his mouth, he needs to realize that he is lacking of basketball IQ and improve on that.

Posted by NYKBocker:
Posted by diderotn:

Now that is just crazy talk. Dirk averages 20.8 PPG, 8.40 RPG, 2.4 APG, 1.05 BPG for the regular season. In the playoffs he gets ludicrous. 25.6 PPG, 11 RPG, 1.9 APG, 1.08 BPG.

If that is soft then what does that make TT?
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/13/2004  1:00 PM
VC was a star. I think people need to realize that he no longer is a star. So the Knicks shouldn't give anyone that is considered a star for VC. I think TT is slightly worse than VC. Those two aren't that far off. They both seem lazy and not willing to do certain thing on the court at time.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/13/2004  1:04 PM
he was a star as recent as last year! This year he's just really unhappy in Toronto. He wanted to be traded to the Knicks even before the season started!
What in the world is wrong with Isiah.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy