[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

man I hate the Nuggets...
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/12/2004  9:45 PM
they embody all Knick failures to me....
KMart, Camby, Dre Miller, Nene, McDyess.. what is and what could have been.
Oh well... couple things on this game. I hope peope notice how Houston plays defense. The guys on this team can learn a lot from him. He will never be a good defender but he play hard there and doesnt lose his many away from the ball for open looks.

On Defense:
This was Marbury's best overall game as a Knick. Dre Miller is a very good player and Marbury choked him... both he and Boykins. If Marbury played that on D every game he would be mentioned among the NBA elite players.. like Payton was 5 years ago.

Yes Briggs... I still think we are winning our 45 games. Not because of today, but when you look at this team there is a lot of firepower there and guys that like playing together. We have a lot of scorers, but I dont see one guy as selfish or me first (the insane amount of $$$ we pay them might help).
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/13/2004  1:32 AM
Denver looks like a bunch of arrogant punks.

Carmelo doesn't play defense. He has the athleticism to be more of an impact player on D, but the effort isn't there.

K-Mart's looked unimpressive and he plays like a punk. He gets many techinicals. He's always gotta hang on the rim and hit the backboard afterward. Man, if you get a nice dunk, act like it's not your first time.

Andre Miller looked a like an emerging superstar in Cleveland but has been an average to below average starting PG since leaving. Man, does he have an ugly jump shot.

Nene: A lot of strength and potential, but he could be getting far more rebounds and blocks if he played with more passion

Earle Boykins: Okay, he's the exception. I truly admire him. He's exactly my height and I know how that's a disadvantage in basketball. He's one of my favorite players.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12/13/2004 01:34:55]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/13/2004  2:51 AM
I can't really kill 'Melo at this point. He is still a baby and he's NOT LeBron James. The media made him out to be LeBron James, and now he is suffering from the Media Scrutiny. He gets himself into a little trouble, and bam. Just remember, there are so many players into the league that are so athletic that NEVER turn into very good defensive players. Just look at Marbury. He played it good today, but normally, his D' is just bad. Same with Crawford, although, we gotto give him more time too. Look at Allan Houston too. He's finally become a DECENT man to man defender, but when he had all that athleticism, he was just bad.

Point being. Carmello is still so young, so immature and he missed all but one year of college. He's got so much to learn about the game, it's gonna take him some time for him to turn into the player he should be. It's really unfair to be comparing him to LeBron, b/c LeBron is just a gift to the game of basketball. He's a Wise 34 year old mind in a 19 year olds flesh. It's just unfair. I still say Carmello turns out to be like Grant Hill, when he was at his prime.

As for his off the court issues. Yes, he has some. It's time for him to grow up quickly in that aspect. Last thing he needs is the Raweed comparisons. He sure doesn't need to be called Carmethlo. I also think that these endorsments are hurting him, more than helping him.

He'll grow up. It will take time. Maybe 4 or 5 years. But you'll learn to appreciate a guy like him as a bball player.

It would help for him to have a nice SHOOTER on the team as well!
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/13/2004  7:19 AM
The Nuggets have taken the textbook path to rebuilding while the Knicks are rebuidling on the fly. Right now, the Nuggets are significantly ahead. We'll see where the two teams are in a year or two.

Of course, Kiki didn't have to overcome the devastation that Layden wrought on the Knicks that Isiah must work around, and Layden made Kiki's job much easier.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/13/2004  10:07 AM
Oh, I wouldn't give up on Melo. I'd LOVE to have him on the Knicks because he's so young and he probably will mature as he gets older. But RIGHT NOW, I don't like the way he plays or the way most of his teammates play. I'd say the same about many Knicks. I'm not being partisan. I don't like the way Stephon or Jamal plays on defense either.
man I hate the Nuggets...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy