[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

another KT alternative I thought of KT for Desmond Mason
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/11/2004  6:24 PM
you could promote Mike Sweetney to starting 4 with Baker and Tim Thomas+JYD as back up 5-4. Start Mason at the 3 with Craw and marbury.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/11/2004  6:33 PM
I like it. We bring in help for the 3, and get younger. Kurt has been pretty good, averaging a double double, but if Milwaukee would agree, I do this deal in a second.
BRIGGS
12/11/2004  6:49 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I like it. We bring in help for the 3, and get younger. Kurt has been pretty good, averaging a double double, but if Milwaukee would agree, I do this deal in a second.

id consider throwing in ariza to make it a tad more palatable for milwaukee given the ages, ariza makes it a fair deal IF they give us back their 2nd rounder this year.
RIP Crushalot😞
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
12/11/2004  6:49 PM
If it was basically KT straight up for Desmond I would do it in a heartbeat (even though the Bucks wouldn't). KT and Ariza though....hmmm thats a tough one.

[Edited by - s3231 on 12/11/2004 18:52:55]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/11/2004  6:55 PM
I would really have to think about it if we were going to add Ariza. I would just assume throw in a pick. Ariza already seems like a lottery pick to me and he isn't even 20 yet.

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 12/11/2004 18:56:30]
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
12/11/2004  7:29 PM
Some of you are rediculous with your trade thoughts. You think that Isiah is crazy enough to trade Ariza or Sweetney to solidify the guard position? Think again. Isiah will not move either Sweet nor Ariza unless it is for a well establish defensive Center. He would trade Kurt, Penny, and TT, but he would not trade Sweetney and Ariza.

That is his bread and butter foundation.
The true Knickabocker..........
s3231
Member: #544
USA
12/11/2004  7:52 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Some of you are rediculous with your trade thoughts. You think that Isiah is crazy enough to trade Ariza or Sweetney to solidify the guard position? Think again. Isiah will not move either Sweet nor Ariza unless it is for a well establish defensive Center. He would trade Kurt, Penny, and TT, but he would not trade Sweetney and Ariza.

That is his bread and butter foundation.

None of us ever said that Isiah would do a deal like this. We are all saying whether WE would do the deal. Plus, even Isiah would consider a deal like this because Mason is an upgrade at the SF position (no, he is not a guard) and is an athletic player that fits the type of team Isiah is looking to build.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/11/2004  9:23 PM
I like Mason but he's really a 2.

I still think our best option is to wait until this offseason. Unless someone blows us away with an offer at the deadline or something this offseason is our best bet.

Patience at this point...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
12/11/2004  11:09 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I like Mason but he's really a 2.

I still think our best option is to wait until this offseason. Unless someone blows us away with an offer at the deadline or something this offseason is our best bet.

Patience at this point...

what am i being patient with? a 105mm$ payroll? for kt to get a tad older so his value drops? mason plays the 3 for milwaukee and hes pretty good at it on both sides of the ball. they could be interested in a deal like that because they have KVH and we sure could be interested in something like that. It gives us more physical athletiscm and effeciency on both sides and gets us younger. Id give up ariza to get that deal done if theyd throw me back their 2nd round pick.
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/11/2004  11:12 PM
if we're going to trade kurt or nazr, should we be trying to get a big in return?

mason is nice, and right now we're getting nothing from the 3 but i would think the sole purpose of this move is to make minutes for sweetney. while i like the idea, i don't think this trade is one i would do to accomplish that.

now if you want to say kurt + ariza + cash for mason and gadzuric, then i'll bite.
fishmike
USA
12/11/2004  11:31 PM
no Briggs... you mover is actually more patient because you will take a step back with Sweentey getting more minutes. I'm thinking more generally.

Any deal involving KT is fine with me.. you know I agree with you on him.

Making more moves to win an extra 2-3 games this year because we have a $105mm payroll would be folly. Of every asset/player on the team the only one who's probably NOT going up in value is KT. Everyone else I would wait on... the one thing if you make a deal for Mason you have Penny, Crawford, Houston, TT, Mason, Ariza(?) all at the 2-3. Thats hurting guys value.

I have been in favor of just keeping TT/Penny and letting their $30 plus mill come off the books after next year, but if you are going to trade them you kill their value if you give 30minutes a night to a guy like Mason.

Just a thought... I'm perfectly ok with winning our 45 games this year and making moves next offseason. With a #1 that will be in the 16-20 range, NAzr's expiring deal, Moochie's expiring deal and Houston's #2 I think we are in very good shape to drasticly upgrade the front court through signings, trades, draft.
BRIGGS
12/11/2004  11:50 PM
45 games still? 8 games over? thats so hard to determine with this team. They have done nothing to proof that they will be a team that goes 8 games over .50. we played almost as good as we could the other day and still lost to an undiscplined team. if we are able to beat up on some chump teams and play them often--but we havent proven we can do that.

Let those contracts expire, who cares. Ending contracts have done nothing this year--it has to be the right situation, there is 0 guarantee that we will do anything with an ending contract. I would like to get solid value for KT soon. I think that is a plausible deal that makes sense. I dont think we are getting any big player to tell you the truth no dalembart curry or anyone. so, id continue to try to improve the team where I can and to me thats the 3.
RIP Crushalot😞
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/12/2004  1:53 AM
I like trevor, but skill-wise he has a ways to go. He brings great energy on defense and offense but he is limited in what he can do on his own. It says something that he has not taken TT's place in the starting lineup even as poorly and inconsistant as tt has played this year.

I would trade him for the right guy and desmond mason sounds like that guy. Ariza is a lot easier to replace than someone like Sweets who may turn into something in elton brand's category.

[Edited by - killa4luv on 12/12/2004 02:03:43]
fishmike
USA
12/12/2004  10:00 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

45 games still? 8 games over? thats so hard to determine with this team. They have done nothing to proof that they will be a team that goes 8 games over .50. we played almost as good as we could the other day and still lost to an undiscplined team. if we are able to beat up on some chump teams and play them often--but we havent proven we can do that.

Let those contracts expire, who cares. Ending contracts have done nothing this year--it has to be the right situation, there is 0 guarantee that we will do anything with an ending contract. I would like to get solid value for KT soon. I think that is a plausible deal that makes sense. I dont think we are getting any big player to tell you the truth no dalembart curry or anyone. so, id continue to try to improve the team where I can and to me thats the 3.
despite our recent poor play I stil think 8 games over is about right. We have played very good at home.. today will go along way in learning more.

I still think this offseason is best and you will see alot of guys available. Both young bigs like Dalembert, Swift and Curry.. but also some guys like Marion and Brand as their team will have $$ decisions to make
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
12/12/2004  10:34 AM
If we are going to do that trade I'd like to get back more then just Mason, who is a glorified Anderson. All he does is dunk and play D, which is great, but we badly need a shooter in the linup. We wold have to bench Craw and start Houston right away. Which I guess is fine.

But, still, KT has more value then some mid tier SF/SG who is somewhat undersized for the 3 and gets away with it only because of his athletic abiliy.

Take TT back to, for KVH lol.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/12/2004  10:50 AM
Posted by simrud:

If we are going to do that trade I'd like to get back more then just Mason, who is a glorified Anderson.

Are you calling Desmond Mason a glorified Shandon Anderson???? Please, you are doing an injustice to the true glory of the the putridness of Anderson's play, the true ineptness, the clumsiness, the side-of-the-backboard-shooting foot-dribbling horror that was Shandon Anderson! Give the man his full glorious due!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/12/2004  11:01 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I still think this offseason is best and you will see alot of guys available. Both young bigs like Dalembert, Swift and Curry.. but also some guys like Marion and Brand as their team will have $$ decisions to make

these days I am not so big on Swift (unless it is a chump-change deal). He would help the current collection of Knick player because of his shot-blocking and weakside defense, but I want to build for a championship, and do want a C that is either a low post player or a defensive maniac.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
12/12/2004  11:07 AM
Posted by simrud:

If we are going to do that trade I'd like to get back more then just Mason, who is a glorified Anderson. All he does is dunk and play D, which is great, but we badly need a shooter in the linup. We wold have to bench Craw and start Houston right away. Which I guess is fine.

But, still, KT has more value then some mid tier SF/SG who is somewhat undersized for the 3 and gets away with it only because of his athletic abiliy.

Take TT back to, for KVH lol.

The guy is averaging 18 points 5 rebounds and shooting nearly 50% in only 34 minutes. he just turned 27 and hes a young 27 as hes only a 5th year player this year. he is phsically imposing because he weighs 225 pounds yet has a 42 inch vertical leap. he plays both ways and would help our bottom line on the perimeter. Could we use 18 and 5 in 34 minutes from the 3? We'd be gaining much more than wed be giving up for the team.
this is a guy who keeps getting better, has elite athletiscm, a devloped mid range game and is a good defender. id rather have desmond mason than vince careter ANy day of the week. Atleast i know what im getting. VC is a bag of bolts.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3416/career

RIP Crushalot😞
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/12/2004  1:10 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by simrud:

If we are going to do that trade I'd like to get back more then just Mason, who is a glorified Anderson.

Are you calling Desmond Mason a glorified Shandon Anderson???? Please, you are doing an injustice to the true glory of the the putridness of Anderson's play, the true ineptness, the clumsiness, the side-of-the-backboard-shooting foot-dribbling horror that was Shandon Anderson! Give the man his full glorious due!
LOL!!!
now that is funny!!!!!
another KT alternative I thought of KT for Desmond Mason

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy