[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fish not drinking the Kool Aid?
Author Thread
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
12/10/2004  11:19 AM
Fish...I'm losing my faith...when I first joined, you were the poster I looked for to keep me up during the year.

Now I am in Europe and all I have is the Forum until I return...but alas, you seem depressed by our 9-9 record...

Our only hope is for houston to get 20 tonight.

I say eff everyone else and we keep this team as is and see where it can bring us. Kurt and Nazr are dependable on the boards, vince is mr. glass and while on paper is better than TT, does he even play? And doesn't he hate our coach?

We'll be fine...I am going to reserve my depression until we face Shaq at the Garden...then we will know for sure where we stand.

all kool aid all the time.
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/10/2004  11:32 AM
Anyone would be a little down after watching the last few games.

I still think the team as currently configured is capable of winning 47-50 games. A lot of trade proposals that have been posted are looking to take risks on players that haven't developed (Chandler, Curry, Brown, Diop) or players that are has-beens (Carter, Webber) or just unwanted for different reasons (Rose, Artest). Some of the proposals have been seriously intriguing (especially MS's - if only we hadn't had to lose Penny in it ) but it's also a very worthwhile risk to keep this team together as it is and see how it develops. I would have no problem with that direction as well.

Btw my biggest disappointment by far this year is Vin. A lot of us were looking for the Vin of early 2003 for Boston with his 14 or 15 ppg and 7 or 8 boards. We could really use his height and low-post moves. Man he'd be dynamite in tandem with Nazr. I have no idea whether he's still recovering from heart surgery and being out of condition or if he's 100% shot. He could still make a huge difference to this team but it may be a pipe dream at this point.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/10/2004  11:39 AM
I'm not depressed at all. In fact I think the season is progressing very well. Ariza is the real deal. Totally raw but he's going to be good player in this league for years to come, he's 19, tought and plays hard on D.
Sweetney is also getting better. He's struggled some, mostly on D but he's got more to understand there than someone like Ariza. I'm happy with where's he's at.

Im estactic with Nazr's production. This guy is a real blue chip piece for getting us a bigtime young center next offseason that could really change the future of our team for the better.

The only depressing thing is Marbury and Crawford's defense, and TT's overall ineptness, but I do feel ok about these things improving. I'm enjoying the season (for once). It takes patience on many nights but the team is watchable and the young guys give you some excitement.

Its also still very early.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/10/2004  11:41 AM
don't worry man, the fish is swimming in it, and so are a lot of others. Patience is the key.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
12/10/2004  11:52 AM
Thanks for the kudos...I'll be asleep over here for tonights game...maybe, just maybe this begins our second season...Zeke did warn us about waiting until after the first 20 games. that's leaves us one away game and one home game...let's hope a little H20 does the trick...

Thanks fish. GO KNICKS!
all kool aid all the time.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/10/2004  12:00 PM
Yeah, it's definitely not easy to watch the inconsistency, but the signs we are showing are very promising, which makes it worth it. I am just excited about Houston probably returning tonight, and hopefully getting a big man or 2 who cna play some defense. Whether that happens this Summer, next year, or this season, I am not sure, but it's exciting that the possibility is in the air.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/10/2004  1:09 PM
I stick with my prediction of at least 45 wins and winning in round 1. Thats not too bad considering where we came from
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Fish not drinking the Kool Aid?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy