ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ WAS 12/10
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/10/2004  9:39 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

As far as I'm concerned, the Knicks are 10-9. Curse you officials! We will have our revenge!

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
USA
12/10/2004  9:43 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Knicksfan:

How many games we should have had already?!? This is sick!!

FIRE LENNY!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

dude, how about firing the ENTIRE team for not knowing that you kind of have to play on the other side of the court as well. that was possibly the worst defensive game i've ever seen and definitely the most frustrating loss of the season, not b/c of the officials, not b/c h20 wasn't in the game in the final play, but b/c we played absolutely HORRID defense. that's why we lost and that's not lenny's fault.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 12/10/2004 21:40:18]

Totally true! The way the team plays defense has nothing to do with the coach! Totally true!
Knicks_Fan
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
12/10/2004  9:46 PM
You guys are pathetic. Yes, the refs blew a couple of calls, but this game shouldn't have gotten to this point. When you are playing a home team, you have to expect these types of things to happen. We were horrible defensively, we kept givenup cheap touch fouls and allow three point plays while giving those fouls. I counted counteless of times when that has occured. Lenny needs to go. He is a horrible defensive coach. He tries his best, but the team is not responding, therefore we need to replace him. Elevate Agwire or Williams to that position, because our team truly not feeling Lenny's defensive instruction.
The true Knickabocker..........
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/10/2004  9:50 PM
Diderotn, no one is denying that we played horrible D. It's something we have grown accustomed to which we desperately need to do something about. But that does not excuse the fact that we outplayed the other team, and if the game was called fairly, or even if 2 of the missed calls were made, we would have won!
Sorry excuse for officiating.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/10/2004  9:51 PM
Posted by diderotn:

You guys are pathetic. Yes, the refs blew a couple of calls, but this game shouldn't have gotten to this point. When you are playing a home team, you have to expect these types of things to happen. We were horrible defensively, we kept givenup cheap touch fouls and allow three point plays while giving those fouls. I counted counteless of times when that has occured. Lenny needs to go. He is a horrible defensive coach. He tries his best, but the team is not responding, therefore we need to replace him. Elevate Agwire or Williams to that position, because our team truly not feeling Lenny's defensive instruction.

you are making the presumtion that defense is the #1 priority of the team. It's not.

How about this:

- marb being a team leader
- craw learning to play under control, taking good shots, going to the hole
- Nazr playing better on O and rebounding
- getting to know one annother
- pick and roll between KT and marb
- develop the young guys by playing them.

Defense IS important, but put it in perspective of developing the big picture.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knicksfan
USA
12/10/2004  9:52 PM
The last Knicks games have been tough for NY fans, but this one is one of those that leaves you with the feeling that it shouldn't be over. That goaltending....
Knicks_Fan
diderotn
USA
12/10/2004  9:55 PM
No disrespect, but last time I checked, defense was everything. If the Knicks were to play a little defense tonight, this would have been a blowout. Stop making excuses for the lack of uninspired D that our team has played so far this season. A good Defensive coach could work magic with this athletic squad. Lenny is awefull as a defensive coach.

Posted by martin:
Posted by diderotn:

you are making the presumtion that defense is the #1 priority of the team. It's not.

How about this:

diderotn
USA
12/10/2004  9:57 PM
What can we do to force into retirement??? he is cashing in a lot of money from this organization. He is an excellent offensive coach, but he knows nothing about Defense.
martin
USA
12/10/2004  9:59 PM
how about this one: 30 free throws for WAS, 9 for NY.
matt
Member: #487
USA
12/10/2004  10:01 PM
On a positive note, Mohommad had another good game and Marbury could have scored when he wanted to
martin
USA
12/10/2004  10:01 PM
how about this one too: WAS shot 44%, NY shot 53%.

Stats say D was OK. it's the offensive rebounds that NY gave up.
diderotn
USA
12/10/2004  10:06 PM
Offensive rebounds? The wiz were shooting the ball at will my friend. You must have not watched the same I did? we are a horrible, horrible defensive team. In fact we may be the worst in the league so far. accept it. That is what is wrong with our squad, they always try to find a justification for their poor offensive rotation. We got burned at least 15 times on bad defensive rotation.

Posted by martin:

how about this one too: WAS shot 44%, NY shot 53%.

Stats say D was OK. it's the offensive rebounds that NY gave up.
Knicksfan
USA
12/10/2004  10:10 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by diderotn:

How about this:

To win you have to play defense, or at least work your hardest on playing it even if your team is mainly an offensive-minded one. I agree that those things you listed are important, and down the road, when this team is more mature and with some better pieces and winning we may look back at this games and see how they matured.

NY may be in some kind of rebuilding, but Isiah sure expects them to win now too, and this kind of games are tough because the game was ours but we failed to deliver in the end. And the sad thing is that this has happened in the last games, most of them losses. No matter if they are all offensive players, defense has a lot to do about effort. If you work hard to bother the player you are defending sometime you will do it. If this has happened so much this season then its the job of the coach to adjust. Even in games, something Lenny doesn't.

Just look at how this team starts. Its something normal that the opposing team makes 8 or 9 of their first 10 shots. Down the stretch when the game is on the line you have to make sure that all of your players will leave any energy they have on the court to defend the lead they have. The Knicks led by 6-8 in the final minutes! This loss shouldn't have happened. Not only because of the refs, but because of the team itself.

Yeah, its not like Lenny is the only guilty here. The whole team is responsable. But saying that Lenny has nothing to do with how this team plays defense is contradictory.
Knicks_Fan
martin
USA
12/10/2004  10:10 PM
Posted by diderotn:

No disrespect, but last time I checked, defense was everything. If the Knicks were to play a little defense tonight, this would have been a blowout. Stop making excuses for the lack of uninspired D that our team has played so far this season. A good Defensive coach could work magic with this athletic squad. Lenny is awefull as a defensive coach.

Posted by martin:
Posted by diderotn:

How about this:

seriously, unless you have a direct call into Isiah or Wilkens you don't know squat about the team goals.

Defense is not everything for the Knicks.

Tell you what, stop into www.clutchfans.net and see how they like Van Gundy and what he is doing.

When building a team, you have to start somewhere, and if defense were the #1 priority of the Knicks, you would have known that since training camp. It's a high importance at this juncture of the season, and the knicks are slowly working at it.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/10/2004  10:12 PM
this arguing is pointless.

we stink defensively. that's it. our only hope is that in time, we can get better. that's it.

no need for fire lenny. and no need to completely go nuts after a loss. we didn't play defense and we didn't rebound. and we lost by 2 points.

everybody played well (offense), and everybody played horribly (defense).

the only thing, i think, is a legitimate question is why h20 wasn't in the game at the end. other than that, nothing new happened here that didn't happen the previous 18 games.
diderotn
USA
12/10/2004  10:14 PM
I am waisting my time. I think you are right. I am pretty sure that Isiah will try to bring in defensive minded players like Ariza, JYD, to our team. He knows our need, but I am affraid that Lenny is not the right coach to teach that aspect of the game to our boys. It is all about strategy, and our team showed tonight that we didn't have a plan to get the ball out of the ball handlers hands
Knicksfan
USA
12/10/2004  10:21 PM
Ok, Isiah wasn't thinking a lot on defense when he made the deals he did to create this team. Does that means that defense isn't important to any team that wants to win?? Isiah surely wants this team to win as much as they can, and they will not if they don't work harder on D. Its not asking them to become the Spurs or Pistons. They dont have to rely on D to win because thats not how they were built, but that doesn't mean that they can just forget about it, like they do so many times in games. They have to make a good effort there so the points they score have any value.

Many good stories can develop this season for many of our players, like so far Nazr, Craw, Ariza, Sweets, etc. But that will not help them in the standings if they don't try hard to play D.
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
12/10/2004  10:24 PM
Allan Houston from 3 pt. range: 0-0
Knicks_Fan
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
12/10/2004  10:25 PM
This was a tiring game. I'm going to bed.

All I am upset with this game, is defense (but that's every game so we can ignore this for now), but mainly just the results. Normally I go through and think "What could we have done better?", but it's not your fault when the first answer is "Suck up to the refs". Even if we had made that last shot, we probably would have gotten a turnover for being on the hardwood for 3 straight seconds.

Let's hope MSG is a little more friendly.
Knicksfan
USA
12/10/2004  10:28 PM
9-10
Knicks_Fan
ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ WAS 12/10

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy