[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

My thoughts for the day...... (Wiz game)
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
12/10/2004  8:52 AM
The Knicks will lose tonight, because we don't have anyone that can guard the Wiz frontline. Haywood, Jamison, and Hayes are very good. Our back-court is solid, but the Wiz's back-court is also good. Marb will probably try to out do my man Arenas, and Larry Hughes will definitely outplay Crawf. The game will come down to the coaches ability to motivate their players. Lenny will probably go through his senior moment and gets outcoached by Jordan. Jamison will have his usual numbers (28/12) while Kurt gets killed by whomever he guards.

The other ex-factor will be their bench. We were supposed to have the best bench in the east, but with the absence of Penny, and with Coochie getting playing time, it is fair to assume that we will be killed. The Wiz have Kwame, Jefferies, Dixon, and many other good players on their bench, and they all play defense very well. As a Knicks fan, I will be very unhappy to watch my beloved team get outplayed by that sorry franchise the Wiz tonight.

I know that Houston will probably play tonight, but who knows how long he will last. Our team has some serious issues, and I do believe that it all start with Lenny.

The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/10/2004  10:02 AM
something tells me your going have more thoughts today...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
12/10/2004  10:12 AM
Nah, maybe later on after the game. I get to watch this game tonight because I am in Maryland. I hope that it is not one of those disappointing games.

Posted by fishmike:

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/10/2004  10:32 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Nah, maybe later on after the game. I get to watch this game tonight because I am in Maryland. I hope that it is not one of those disappointing games.

Posted by fishmike:

Diderrotn, takin in a "Wiz".
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/10/2004  11:27 AM
this is the kind of game I can see crawford going off in. what makes you think Hughes is going to outplay crawford?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
USA
12/10/2004  6:15 PM
Because Hughes is a great defender. You watch, don't say that I didn't that I didn't tell you. Hughes should have been a Knick. He is much more like a John Stark type of player.

Posted by tkf:

this is the kind of game I can see crawford going off in. what makes you think Hughes is going to outplay crawford?
diderotn
USA
12/10/2004  9:42 PM
This is the most horrible defensive Knick team I have seen in years. I can't not believe how easy it is to score on this team. We have a pretty good squad, but no defenders or not a defensive minded coach. I don't care much about Lenny, I do believe that a couple of the assistant coaches that we have on the bench right now can do a much better job than what Lenny has done last year and so far this year. Our boys are always out of their spot defensively, especially when Marburry get cutup on the high defensive pick & roll. For a team that constantly runs pick & roll plays for Kurt and Marb, for them not to know how to defend it is absurd. We lost a very critical game that we should have won, simply if we were to do a much better job on the defensive end. We have too many guys who want to do nothing but scoring the ball on the court, that has to change.

Lenny needs to find a way to make his voice heard, which he is not doing. We need a guy that can bark instruction to our boys especially defensive instructions. Lenny is too mild and that will cost us dearly. Isiah needs to reevaluate the coaching of Lenny after these last few games. We should have won all of them, but we lost all of them.

I have watched the game, and I have seen some really good things in the offensive end, but that is about it. Our boys are too ****ing soft, and for a N.Y. team, with a BAD BOY GM, this shouldn't be tolerated.

My solution to this problem is simple: Kurt should not be in the starting lineup, but how can you tell him to take a sit without offending him? I do believe that Sweetney or JYD can make us a much better defensive team if given the chance. These are simple corrections that should have been made since after the start of the season. Just because a guy produced some points or have a few rebounds, doesn't mean that he has affected the game. Sometimes you can have 0 point and 0 rebound and your presence on the court defensively is much greater than 10 points and 10 rebounds.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/10/2004  9:47 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by fishmike:

Sorry but it was, only that it wasn't exactly because of the Knicks...
Knicks_Fan
diderotn
USA
12/10/2004  9:49 PM
the refs were aweful, but defensively as we have done all year, we layed another egg.
diderotn
USA
12/10/2004  9:52 PM
Exactly what I have predicted happened. Larry outplayed Crawf, Marb outplayed Arenas, but we had no one that could stop Jamison. Nazr had a nice quiet game once again, and I thought that TT did pretty well tonight. He had to guard Jamison and I immediately knew that it was a mistake. Jamison can kill you in many ways

Posted by diderotn:

The Knicks will lose tonight, because we don't have anyone that can guard the Wiz frontline. Haywood, Jamison, and Hayes are very good. Our back-court is solid, but the Wiz's back-court is also good. Marb will probably try to out do my man Arenas, and Larry Hughes will definitely outplay Crawf. The game will come down to the coaches ability to motivate their players. Lenny will probably go through his senior moment and gets outcoached by Jordan. Jamison will have his usual numbers (28/12) while Kurt gets killed by whomever he guards.

The other ex-factor will be their bench. We were supposed to have the best bench in the east, but with the absence of Penny, and with Coochie getting playing time, it is fair to assume that we will be killed. The Wiz have Kwame, Jefferies, Dixon, and many other good players on their bench, and they all play defense very well. As a Knicks fan, I will be very unhappy to watch my beloved team get outplayed by that sorry franchise the Wiz tonight.

I know that Houston will probably play tonight, but who knows how long he will last. Our team has some serious issues, and I do believe that it all start with Lenny.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/10/2004  10:27 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Exactly what I have predicted happened.

diderdamus?
diderotn
USA
12/10/2004  10:35 PM
You got it brother. My next prediction is this, Kurt Thomas will be traded for a big. He may turn out to be a scrubb, but Isiah will continue to tweak our squad. Vinny did a decent job tonight in my opinion.

Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by diderotn:

Exactly what I have predicted happened.

diderdamus?
My thoughts for the day...... (Wiz game)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy