[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nazr will be an All-Star next year
Author Thread
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
12/10/2004  4:50 AM
If he keeps playing like this. He's got better numbers then Magloire last year, and his only competion is Shaq and Big Z.

Shaq will definately get the starting job, even if he cr*ps out, he's just a given, so the competion is between Nazr and Z for the backup job, and I think he'll beat him out.

So then the big question is, why are we all trying to undermine him by trying to pick up a different center? Out of that huge list provided by the Rotn one, there is not one player (outside of the above two) playing better then Nazr.

The way to go forward IMO is to be happy with who we have in the middle, and start trying to find a good, defensive, back-to-the-basket Power Forward. Concentrate on Wilcox, Brand, KennyT, Griffin or (best of all) Stro Swift.

Nazr's on a nothing contract, he's young and he's playing like a man possesed and he's not even in a contract year! Imagine what he's gonna play like next year, when he's got to sing for his supper.

We've already taken one risk with the Center spot, by signing Nazr for the job, and it paid off! Why take more risks on injured, unproven or just plain lazy guys?

I say the Center spot is sewn up. Let find a stud replacement for Kurt. Who's with me?

[Edited by - firefly on 12/10/2004 04:52:46]
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
12/10/2004  5:22 AM
I am in 110% agreement on the NAZR Assessment.

BUT...Let me get this straight...you want to unload Kurt Thomas, arguably our best defender? Currently Number 11 in the league in rebounds (10.3) a game?

Here is a good stat comparison...
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/headToHeadResults?statsId1=3012&statsId2=3324&statsId3=3606&statsId4=3401&

While stromile swift would be a good defensive pick up and Brand puts up better offensive numbers (do we really need ANOTHER scorer?), I think the problem may be coaching (as much as I hate to say it) AND more specifically, the Small Forward Position and our inablity to play against a zone defense.

If Houston returns and can shoot 40% from the floor, and TT can chip in 12 points a game, we are well on our way.

Maybe the problem is chemistry? Maybe ZEKE was dead on when he said we would know more after 20 games...I'm in Zurich at the moment, so I missed the losses, but at the Garden, the games I attended, they've looked like a contender.

Thoughts?
all kool aid all the time.
firefly
United Kingdom
12/10/2004  5:37 AM
We definately need to upgrade our forward positions.

Kurt is 32. He's know as a "starter" i.e. he starts every season with awesome stats, then as the season goes on they slowly decline. He's averaging a double-double now, so there are teams that will be interested in him. Last year he started with a Double-double, and ended off with 8 rpg. Nazr's stats have been rising since the beginning of the season, and they show no inclination of stopping. It seems that very time he steps on the floor, he's gotten better. Besides, he's 26-27, and on a smaller contract then KT. He's the future. KT's the past. We need someone to play with Nazr as a forward, not a tall shooting guard, which is what KT is now.

Getting a PF now would be moving forward, not just scrapping a the advances we have made so far, in order to try something different.

We should be happy with what we have at C and build on it.

Question: How many people would have been delighted if we could have gotten Magloire in the summer? Nazr is playing better then he was before he got injured!
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
raven
Member: #316
Canada
12/10/2004  5:47 AM
You know our d shouldn't only improve in the paint, i mean, if we had a tayshaun prince instead of tim/marb/craw playing d as if their opponent had the ebola virus, we would suffer a lot less.

Keep nazr right now he's doing well. KT i don't like even if i know his shot his money but i'd rather have a pf that plays in the paint, just to be able to build an inside-outside o.

Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/10/2004  7:33 AM
The question is for what team.
firefly
United Kingdom
12/10/2004  7:35 AM

sad but true
TheSage
Member: #386
12/10/2004  8:11 AM
An interesting comparison is at Center with Nazr, Z, Shaq, Camby, Ming

Shaq is the only one avg a double double but rounded off-so is Nazr

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/headToHeadResults?statsId1=3121&statsId2=3272&statsId3=847&statsId4=3599&statsId5=3084&

[Edited by - TheSage on 12/10/2004 08:14:31]
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
12/10/2004  9:20 AM
Nazr belongs in the all star game THIS YEAR.
all kool aid all the time.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/10/2004  9:42 AM
Posted by Rich:

hahaha... I was about to post that. If Nazr is here next year you know Isiah really did a bad job in the offseason. With guys like Swift, Kwame, Chandler and Dalembert out there as RFAs or FAs if Nazr is still out center I will be pretty pissed. He's the main piece for any sign and trade.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
raven
Member: #316
Canada
12/10/2004  9:55 AM
Posted by fishmike:

He's the main piece for any sign and trade.

great, he already was the center piece of a trade last yr ! I tell you that guy is improving one trade at a time...
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/10/2004  9:57 AM
How can you trade a guy with good production? 6'10" that can get a lot better with playing time. I would at least give him 1 year to prove that he is for real before trading him. How do we know if he won't be our next CWebb??? Trade Kurt Thomas, and move Nazr to PF. He is proving that he can grow into a force. Don't trade this dude just yet. Dalember,Swift, Kwame, and Chandler are all potential players. Beside Swift whom is having a decent year, the rest have yet to prove that they can do better than Nazr so far. Nazr is a very smart dude, and most of all knows that his role right now. All of the other guys think that they are stars, and that will not cut it.
The true Knickabocker..........
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/10/2004  9:59 AM
Stats are not all telling!

Nazr is ok for us for now.

I'd rather make a run for Curry than carter.
fishmike
USA
12/10/2004  10:04 AM
Posted by diderotn:

How can you trade a guy with good production? 6'10" that can get a lot better with playing time. I would at least give him 1 year to prove that he is for real before trading him. How do we know if he won't be our next CWebb??? Trade Kurt Thomas, and move Nazr to PF. He is proving that he can grow into a force. Don't trade this dude just yet. Dalember,Swift, Kwame, and Chandler are all potential players. Beside Swift whom is having a decent year, the rest have yet to prove that they can do better than Nazr so far. Nazr is a very smart dude, and most of all knows that his role right now. All of the other guys think that they are stars, and that will not cut it.
When KT played center 2 years ago his "production" was even better than NAzr's is right now. So why do you want to trade him? We need guys that can impact the game on both ends of the floor, Nazr doesnt. The other younger guys can.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/10/2004  10:07 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Rich:

hahaha... I was about to post that. If Nazr is here next year you know Isiah really did a bad job in the offseason. With guys like Swift, Kwame, Chandler and Dalembert out there as RFAs or FAs if Nazr is still out center I will be pretty pissed. He's the main piece for any sign and trade.
Fish, the team has over $40 mil in expiring contracts this summer. You can get a lot from the other players in trades and keep Nazy. Or you can trade Nazy. So long as the Knicks improve by using most of the expiring contracts in trades, I'll be happy. My preference would be to keep Nazy, but I would give him up to get younger big men with more upside.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/10/2004  10:20 AM
because just like the other guys, Nazr has potentials to be a good postup player, a shot blocker, and an excellent rebounder. With more games, a decent jump shooter, a much better Center or PF to replace the slow, unathletic, no postup game Kurt Thomas, Nazr's numbers could and would be even better. Don't sleep on that boy.

Posted by fishmike:
Posted by diderotn:

When KT played center 2 years ago his "production" was even better than NAzr's is right now. So why do you want to trade him? We need guys that can impact the game on both ends of the floor, Nazr doesnt. The other younger guys can.
The true Knickabocker..........
fishmike
USA
12/10/2004  11:05 AM
who's sleeping on him? The guy has played great, which is why he's such a strong asset to use in a S&T deal for one of the guys I mentioned.

I dont want to use Penny or TT because they are max players and that means your taking back at least 2 players with long contract back, and at least one of them will be bad. Remember we are paying Shandon $8mm to play for Heat, how many times can we do this? I would rather let those guys walk and use the $$ to buy draft picks or sign prospects with the MLE.

Thats just me. Sorry but I dont see how every expiring contract is going to be used to add 2-3 more players with longer deals. We are already paying $105mm for a 9-9 team. There's a ceiling there somewhere.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/10/2004  1:05 PM
When the TT for KVH trade was made. From day one it was argued that it improved the overall value of the team. Now IF Muhammad somehow lands us Brown, Swift, Chandler, Curry, **DALEMBERT** that automatically makes the KVH trade a success. Then if we are able to get a quality player from TT's ending contract which u could add with Hardaway & Norris & Baker to make over 30mil in expiering contracts then the trade ends up being a master piece.

TT hopefully will finish the season strong and improve his value to be more than just an ending contract but a solid player with an ending contract.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/10/2004  6:42 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

When the TT for KVH trade was made. From day one it was argued that it improved the overall value of the team. Now IF Muhammad somehow lands us Brown, Swift, Chandler, Curry, **DALEMBERT** that automatically makes the KVH trade a success. Then if we are able to get a quality player from TT's ending contract which u could add with Hardaway & Norris & Baker to make over 30mil in expiering contracts then the trade ends up being a master piece.

TT hopefully will finish the season strong and improve his value to be more than just an ending contract but a solid player with an ending contract.

Have you noticed KVH has already been falling off in production and getting injured? While TT is getting better by the game? And Nazr v. Doleace doesn't even qualify as a joke?
Nazr will be an All-Star next year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy