[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nazr's improvements
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/9/2004  10:45 PM
Nazr is second in FG percentage at close to 57% in the league behind Shaq. I really like what Nazr has given over the last 10 games or so. I don't think people can complain about Nazr aside from his defense but offensively he has done well so far. ANd his rebounding is also very good for a player getting 29 minutes a game. Just imagine if he were getting 35-40 muntes consistently he would defenitely be a 16-12 player or better. With that said Nazr has to find ways to stay in the game longer and definitely needs more touches.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/9/2004  10:57 PM
Verily, I am constantly AMAZED at Nazr's play. Just amazed. Not because he is the new Duncan out there, but because he has pushed what I thought his talent level would be.

And this is not just a 3-5 game fluke either. It seems like the real thing. I would say that Kurt usually guards the tough 4/5 opponent, but Nazr has seem to hold his own very well, and by "his own" I do mean within his expectations for the season.

Every time Nazr posts up I am screaming at the TV for him to pass the ball and not take the shot, and then he makes it. And the shot is not a luck ball the finds the bottom on the net, it's within his repertoire. It looks smooth.

Nazr rebounds, and he block out (which I like more than his rebounding). I wish he had quicker springs so he could catch, gather, and dunk the ball before the defense could react. At times he has played solid - not great - defense. He is limiting his stupid fouls. Every once in a while you see the help defense and it is becoming more prevalent.

Really, you can't ask for more, but I think the Knicks' staff will, and I think he will progress another step further as the season goes on.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/9/2004  11:00 PM
Some have criticized Marbury on the grounds that he doesn't make the players around him better. He deserves a great deal of credit for Nazr's emergence, getting him easy shots around the basket, which leaves him in good position to rebound.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
12/10/2004  12:20 AM
One other thing...Nazr has improved dramatically from the free throw line. There were times last year when I wasn't sure if he'd even hit the rim. Now he's got a soft touch and even gets shooters bounces from the line.
Nazr's improvements

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy