[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I understand where H20 is coming from, but.....
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/9/2004  2:34 PM
why do I get the feeling that he is going to be serenaded with a complete chorus of boos when he makes his return to the garden during the Knicks next home game? From what I see, the Knick fans have grown too impatient, and are even starting to think that his return wont be much of a help at all. I hope he doesn't get booed, but I have a feeling he will, and I hope Houston is prepared for this and doesn't have a sensitive ego, like it seems he DOESN'T.

He's been telling us all along that he's gonna go when he's 100% ready, and he said he'll be 100% ready on Friday against the Wizards.

This is where are good old buddy MARC BERMAN comes to play. NY Fans are just as dumb as anyone (Please, we all know it's the truth.) and will believe anything they read including by that cheap jerk Berman. For 2 weeks now, all he has been doing is feeding the Knick fans with his crap on Allan Houston. I haven't been reading most of his stuff, like always, but I've read the headlines. It's ridiculous. People actually love this guy too.

Back to us NEEDING Allan back. A lot of the fans say our problems are only on defense. It's true that a lot of them are on defense, but it's all about effort. Our guys aren't givng an effort most of the time, and that's something we have to improve on, within' in order to be getting better there. But Allan helps out A LOT. Do you realize how much easier things will be on just about every single player on the court when he's on? And do you realize how crucial it is to have a CLUTCH star scoring jump shooter on the court in the 4th quarter? We would probably be 4 or 5 games over .500. Anyone that thinks he wont be a help is ignorant.

BTW, I am not worried about his defense. Marbury and Crawford and TT have been so bad, at times, that Allan shouldn't even be considered a liability. B/c at least Allan tries and he's one of the few PLAYERS that addresses the defensive issues, when you speak to him.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
Knickss208
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #796
12/9/2004  2:44 PM
I couldnt agree more. Houston is extremely valuabel to this team and has been carrying the team on his back since 98. This is the first time in his long Knick career that he has missed a great deal of games due to injury. He shows up every night and puts in all the effort. I cannot understand why people are so quick to boo one of our great players. I dont mean to ver hype Houston but you have to remember the contributions he has given in the past. I think its disgusting that Knick fans turn their back on a player like Houston because he is injured. True fans support and encourage their players especially since they have been so consistent.
turtle33
Member: #537
Canada
12/9/2004  2:46 PM
B/c at least Allan tries and he's one of the few PLAYERS that addresses the defensive issues, when you speak to him.

and thats what makes allan a better man than most of the players on this team. he knows he is below average on D and he fully admits it. he has also been trying to adress this issue, and has gotten alot better over the past few years. we said allan needs to get to the line more, and he did. we said allan needs to rebound and assist more, and he did it. unlike most of the guys on this team, who just hope the lack of D will just go away or fix itself, he is trying.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/9/2004  2:49 PM
I think Houston will be fine, and I doubt he gets booed. The team is doing ok... especially if Houston can have a decent showing in Wash I think people will be excited to see him return. Also its a Sun day game. Lots of kids and familys. Not the tougher weeknight crowd.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/9/2004  2:51 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
The true Knickabocker..........
turtle33
Member: #537
Canada
12/9/2004  2:52 PM
what disgusts me is fans will probably boo him, and it will be the same fans that cheared when spree came back from his "punching the boat" incident.

we as a team are missing 3-4 things. one is outside shooting. in steps houston and now we are only missing a couple of things.

i'm also hoping other players will see houston at least giving it an effort on D, and hopefully it will be contagious.
MS
Member: #724
12/9/2004  2:55 PM
Much of the hatred is that he is getting paid more than Iverson, Duncan, and 98% of the league, its not his fault that the Knicks were this dumb, but when you consider he isn't even in the top 30 as far as great players go you tend to get upset. Third highest contract in the NBA

SG that are better: Pierce, Mcgrady, Allen, Iverson, Redd, Kobe, Ginobli, Hamilton, Sprewell

But that said he is going to make a huge difference spreading the floor and hitting clutch shots, all he needs to learn now is how to hit from the line when the game matters....
nitro
Member: #822
12/9/2004  2:56 PM
Number 20 may not be a good defender, but he is no worse than Jamal or TT. He also will be much more consistent on the offensive end, Unlike Jamal and TT.

Let this team be together for a whole year and then see where they are after the season. They have not been together, they need to build with each other, bringing in a any other players that have no heart will not help the team, meaning Vince and Jalen. They aren't going to be able to get Duncan or Garnett or Lebron and the rest of the so-called superstars in the league aren't worth it. Let them grow together, and let lenny have a full season with the team with everybody healthy. If they start playing defense with any consistency then they will be fine.
diderotn
USA
12/9/2004  3:09 PM
A full season of the same garbage??? I disagree. It either one or the other, fire Lenny and bring in a defensive minded coach that can get the best out of the players or trade the ones that are not productive and bring in guys that can do other things that we need. You are all talking about Houston is great, but dude doesn't even know when he is coming back from his injury. If Isiah wasn't on his *** he probably would have wanted to remain in IR for much longer. Kidd showed gutts to come back, CWebb, Iverson, Jordan, Kobe, Marb, Pierce, have all showed pain tolerance and desire to be great, but has Houston????????????
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/9/2004  7:01 PM
Posted by Knickss208:

I couldnt agree more. Houston is extremely valuabel to this team and has been carrying the team on his back since 98. This is the first time in his long Knick career that he has missed a great deal of games due to injury. He shows up every night and puts in all the effort. I cannot understand why people are so quick to boo one of our great players. I dont mean to ver hype Houston but you have to remember the contributions he has given in the past. I think its disgusting that Knick fans turn their back on a player like Houston because he is injured. True fans support and encourage their players especially since they have been so consistent.

Stop the bullshyte......

Bernard King carried the Knicks on his back ok. King averaged 32 pots per one year and 40 plus points in the freaking playoffs.....Ewing did it, on 2 crippled legs and gave his heart and soul to this team........let's not place Houston's name in a slot where great player lay.

The Knicks have sucked for the last 3 years......Houston had Sprewell taking the pressure on him for a while......plus it took the Knicks to be in the basement in order for him to find his gonads.....

Respect the game brother......Houston is not in the class of great players. I for darn sure don't wanna see his name in the rafters, cuz if Houston is up there then Starks, Bernard, and Oakley should be up there too.

Yes he could shoot........enough is enough already......
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/9/2004  7:10 PM
I'm tired of booing Houston at this point. I booed him since he's gotten here.

He made me proud when Houston, Spree, and Camby took the league over in 1999. Then he forgot his role. He would drive and kick it to Spoon.....WTF. He would be open and give the extra pass to Ward or Eisley for three.

Houston would be awesome but he is not hungry for his shot. He's not a guy that is just a killer. That is why I boo him. He can't rebound, pass, play defense, he can't run the floor either. All he can do is get his shot off. Watch Ray Allen......Ray Allen is a killer. Watch a Seattle game and see what he does and tell me if Houston deserves all of this respect.

If Houston comes back and start off slow I won't boo......if he scores I won't cheer him......I only cheer heart, and pride......and the words New York on their chest.

If Isiah is trying to get Carter here for Houston some how......God bless him......Carter is a barbie doll, but at least he fits and isn't gonna hinder the production and forward movement of this team.

Go Knicks!!!!

[Edited by - enyspree on 12/09/2004 19:15:50]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/9/2004  9:37 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I'm tired of booing Houston at this point. I booed him since he's gotten here.

He made me proud when Houston, Spree, and Camby took the league over in 1999. Then he forgot his role. He would drive and kick it to Spoon.....WTF. He would be open and give the extra pass to Ward or Eisley for three.

Houston would be awesome but he is not hungry for his shot. He's not a guy that is just a killer. That is why I boo him. He can't rebound, pass, play defense, he can't run the floor either. All he can do is get his shot off. Watch Ray Allen......Ray Allen is a killer. Watch a Seattle game and see what he does and tell me if Houston deserves all of this respect.

If Houston comes back and start off slow I won't boo......if he scores I won't cheer him......I only cheer heart, and pride......and the words New York on their chest.

If Isiah is trying to get Carter here for Houston some how......God bless him......Carter is a barbie doll, but at least he fits and isn't gonna hinder the production and forward movement of this team.

Go Knicks!!!!

[Edited by - enyspree on 12/09/2004 19:15:50]

Eny ask Kobe Bryant is Houston a killer when he droped 50 on him in LA
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
diderotn
USA
12/9/2004  9:57 PM
Here is another fan who only cares about the fact that Houston is simply a scorer. So what he scored 50 points in a game, how many games did he score 50 during the season???? He has yet to win a scoring title, and he has yet to march his team to the big dance. Forget about the one dimensional Houston, also, forget about the one dimensional Kurt Thomas. It is now time to use a different strategy in N.Y. We need players that can do a little of everything on the court, not just shooters.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
12/10/2004  2:03 AM
there were alot of players that did'nt "march his team to the big dance", barkley, ewing, stockton, ect. while i do agree w/the fact that we need players that can do more than just one thing, you can't take away the fact that AH is a shooter. and teams need shooters. now i'm not placing AH in the class of the guys above, but he brings a different aspect to the game. with him on the floor teams have to play you differnent.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/10/2004  2:33 AM
I don't boo players, but Houston's problem is that he is a "victim" of his contract.
Ira
Member: #91
12/10/2004  3:36 AM
When Allan's hot he can carry the team. Also, his shot opens things up for Marbury. He's not a star, not a hall of famer but he always gives his best. There's no reason to boo Allan Houston.
I understand where H20 is coming from, but.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy