[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NBA: Centers. We need a shot blocker with good defensive skills
Author Thread
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/9/2004  10:19 PM
And here I thought the purpose of this trade was to bring in another superstar like Vince. Silly me.
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/9/2004  10:28 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I feel you my friend. However, I come to the conclusion that there are two types of Knicks fans on this board: those who care deeply about the Knicks and those who adore a certain player I.E. Houston and Kurt Thomas. So, that's what's up.

Posted by TMS:

i honestly don't understand all the disdain for Jalen Rose...he's a proven clutch performer in the postseason, & he's very versatile...he's like a left handed Penny w/a better jumpshot & posting skills...there are malcontent issues, but what good player doesn't want to play if he thinks he can contribute more? i think he would do fine in NY...& if he doesn't, who cares? you're still getting back Vince Carter in the deal.

basically, all you're adding in terms of salary in the deal is 1 extra year of max money...getting rid of Allan Houston's contract was something everyone on this board could never have even dreamt about just a few days ago...of course, i still don't buy into these rumors fully since i would guess TOR would want Marbury or Crawford instead, but if there's any truth to the rumors at all, i can't see how anyone could be against the deal.

it just boggles my mind how people were bitching & moaning about having Allan Houston on the books & not being able to trade him for the past 2 years, & now that a rumor has popped up that he might actually be traded for a superstar player, all of a sudden no one wants to do the deal...i don't get it.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/9/2004  10:29 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Isiah is not stupid, if he does this deal is because he sees something that he may do later. Give the man the benefit of the doubt. He has done us well so far, allow him to continue on with the upgrade

Posted by MaTT4281:

If we needed more scoring, or help in the backcourt, I would love the trade, but we don't, and it doesn't fill a big need for us. We need defense, either on the wing or in the post, doesn't matter. We just need defense.
I do see a need to upgrade at the 3 spot, but I would like someone who can impact the game who doesn't need 20 shots a night. I just assume use the contracts to bring in players that play D, or atleast have a decent all around game.
If we could swing Vince afterwards for that kind of player, it wouldn't be so bad, but then we would be stuck with Rose's contract.

I'm with duderotn here. Talent is talent is talent, and you need 2 all-stars to win a championship. If you can get VC (all-star, albiet one who may be hurt these days) without really giving up anything, you do it. You can always trade him again for another all-star.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/9/2004  11:46 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by diderotn:

Isiah is not stupid, if he does this deal is because he sees something that he may do later. Give the man the benefit of the doubt. He has done us well so far, allow him to continue on with the upgrade

Posted by MaTT4281:

If we needed more scoring, or help in the backcourt, I would love the trade, but we don't, and it doesn't fill a big need for us. We need defense, either on the wing or in the post, doesn't matter. We just need defense.
I do see a need to upgrade at the 3 spot, but I would like someone who can impact the game who doesn't need 20 shots a night. I just assume use the contracts to bring in players that play D, or atleast have a decent all around game.
If we could swing Vince afterwards for that kind of player, it wouldn't be so bad, but then we would be stuck with Rose's contract.

I'm with duderotn here. Talent is talent is talent, and you need 2 all-stars to win a championship. If you can get VC (all-star, albiet one who may be hurt these days) without really giving up anything, you do it. You can always trade him again for another all-star.

Need 2 allstars. One of them should be over 6-7!

That is how you win.
NBA: Centers. We need a shot blocker with good defensive skills

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy