[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NBA: Centers. We need a shot blocker with good defensive skills
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
12/9/2004  9:39 AM
Out of all of the names below, which one is most likely to be a Knick???

NBA: Centers

A

Andersen, Chris, New Orleans Hornets
Araujo, Rafael, Toronto Raptors

B

Battie, Tony, Orlando Magic
Blount, Mark, Boston Celtics
Booth, Calvin, Dallas Mavericks
Borchardt, Curtis, Utah Jazz
Bradley, Shawn, Dallas Mavericks
Brezec, Primoz, Charlotte Bobcats

C

Camby, Marcus, Denver Nuggets
Campbell, Elden, Detroit Pistons
Cato, Kelvin, Orlando Magic
Collier, Jason, Atlanta Hawks
Collins, Jarron, Utah Jazz
Collins, Jason, New Jersey Nets
Curry, Eddy, Chicago Bulls

D

Dalembert, Samuel, Philadelphia 76ers
Dampier, Erick, Dallas Mavericks
Davis, Dale, Golden State Warriors
DeClercq, Andrew, Orlando Magic
Diop, DeSagana, Cleveland Cavaliers
Divac, Vlade, Los Angeles Lakers
Doleac, Michael, Miami Heat
Drobnjak, Predrag, Atlanta Hawks

E

Edwards, John, Indiana Pacers
Elson, Francisco, Denver Nuggets

F

Foyle, Adonal, Golden State Warriors

G

Gadzuric, Dan, Milwaukee Bucks

H

Harrison, David, Indiana Pacers
Haywood, Brendan, Washington Wizards
Hunter, Steve, Phoenix Suns

I

Ilgauskas, Zydrunas, Cleveland Cavaliers

J

Jackson, Marc, Philadelphia 76ers
James, Jerome, Seattle SuperSonics
Johnson, Ervin, Minnesota Timberwolves

K

Kaman, Chris, Los Angeles Clippers
Kasun, Mario, Orlando Magic

L

LaFrentz, Raef, Boston Celtics

M

Magloire, Jamaal, New Orleans Hornets
Marks, Sean, San Antonio Spurs
Mbenga, DJ, Dallas Mavericks
McCoy, Jelani, Atlanta Hawks
Mihm, Chris, Los Angeles Lakers
Miller, Brad, Sacramento Kings
Ming, Yao, Houston Rockets
Mohammed, Nazr, New York Knicks
Moore, Mikki, Los Angeles Clippers
Mourning, Alonzo, New Jersey Nets
Mutombo, Dikembe, Houston Rockets

N

N'diaye, Mamadou, Los Angeles Clippers
Nesterovic, Radoslav, San Antonio Spurs

O

O'Neal, Shaquille, Miami Heat
Olowokandi, Michael, Minnesota Timberwolves
Ostertag, Greg, Sacramento Kings

P

Perkins, Kendrick, Boston Celtics
Podkolzin, Pavel, Dallas Mavericks
Potapenko, Vitaly, Seattle SuperSonics
Przybilla, Joel, Portland Trail Blazers

R

Ramos, Peter John, Washington Wizards
Ratliff, Theo, Portland Trail Blazers
Rebraca, Zeljko, Los Angeles Clippers
Reiner, Jared, Chicago Bulls
Robinson, Cliff, Golden State Warriors

S

Santiago, Daniel, Milwaukee Bucks
Smith, Jabari, New Jersey Nets
Stewart, Michael, Boston Celtics
Sundov, Bruno, New York Knicks
Swift, Robert, Seattle SuperSonics
Swift, Stromile, Memphis Grizzlies

T

Thomas, Etan, Washington Wizards
Tsakalidis, Jake, Memphis Grizzlies

V

Voskuhl, Jake, Phoenix Suns

W

Williams, Scott, Cleveland Cavaliers
Willis, Kevin, Atlanta Hawks
Woods, Loren, Toronto Raptors
Wright, Lorenzen, Memphis Grizzlies

Z

Zhi-Zhi, Wang, Miami Heat

With Kwame Brown back from the injured list, will the Wizzard contemplate trading Haywood? if so, who can we give them for Haywood? He is a N.Yorker, and I am sure would be very happy to go back home just like my man Marb. He has had at least one block shot per game, and most of all was coached by Ewing.

Nazr is not a center, we can always switch him to his natural position. Play him as our starting PF, with Haywood as Center. After all, Haywood is a lot more mature and more affordable than Curry and the rest of the scrubbs.

A few other names that we should consider:

A Morning 2 bpg
Ratlif 4bpg
Stro 2bpg
Loren Woods 2bpg

If the Raptors still want to deal Vince, Isiah may want to consider Loren Woods in that deal. He is a ledgit Center and he has consistently block at least 1 shot per game as of late. My theory as far as judging a shot blocker is very simple. I used the last 19 games and if I see that the player has at least 1 bpg, it clearly states that the dude puts a lot of effort in that department.

The need for Kurt Thomas is no longer a need. Nazr is doing fairly well and we should consider moving Thomas as soon as possible for a no name big man right now. Move Nazr to the PF position and put another shot blocker in the front-court with him to cause defensive problems for the opposing team. Forget about Curry, Lorn Woods and Brandon Haywood should be our priority. If the Nets decides to get rid of Morning, we perhaps should consider bringing him on board to teach Sweetney a thing or two about that position. After all, they are both product of the same school
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/9/2004  9:44 AM
If the Raptors still want to deal Vince, Isiah may want to consider Loren Woods
He'd be a nice addition
diderotn
USA
12/9/2004  9:50 AM
He is averaging 1.6 bpg, 5.6 rpg for the last five games. Put that with Nazr's numbers that could open a lot of other things for the Knicks. Houston, Kurt, and Moochie for Carter, Rose and Wood will that work under the cap. Wood is 7'1" 255lbs with better numbers than Curry. He appears to have a much better work ethic and will complement Nazr nicely. We need to do something and do it fast. Isiah please, pretty please do this deal. Take Rose, but with the option of adding Wood with that deal.

Posted by Bonn1997:
If the Raptors still want to deal Vince, Isiah may want to consider Loren Woods
He'd be a nice addition

[Edited by - diderotn on 12/09/2004 09:53:52]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/9/2004  9:57 AM
Woods would be a nice addition i agree...if you could get Vince, Rose & Woods from TOR for a Houston/TT package (maybe include Moochie as filler), it would be a great move.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
12/9/2004  10:00 AM
After reviewing Curry's numbers, I don't want him for the Knicks. Give whatever we have to give Toronto for the deal that I have mentioned above. As long as we keep Marburry, Straw, Ariza, Sweetn, and Nazr.

Posted by TMS:

Woods would be a nice addition i agree...if you could get Vince, Rose & Woods from TOR for a Houston/TT package (maybe include Moochie as filler), it would be a great move.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/9/2004  10:03 AM
Woods is a scrap heap player anyone could have had.

I dont see the Knicks making any major trades and I think they would be foolish to do so.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
12/9/2004  10:07 AM
Fish! answer these questions for me please, what is the Knicks biggest problem? do we have a shot blocker? and finally, how good is our defense?

Posted by fishmike:

I dont see the Knicks making any major trades and I think they would be foolish to do so.
TMS
USA
12/9/2004  10:10 AM
Posted by fishmike:

you wouldn't make this trade fish? i'm surprised...the level of talent isn't even close in that deal.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
12/9/2004  10:14 AM
Trading Kurt would definitely resolve the back log that we have at the PF position. Nazr and Sweetney could share the PFs duty, and Nazr could also help at the Center spot. bottom line is this, Nazr needs to be on the court constantly.

Wood is a ledgit Center at 7'1". I am surprised that Isiah has yet to consider dealing for him. Kurt has been productive, but his style of play has also hampered what we can really do offensively and defensively. because of Kurt, most PFs have basically killed us. Because of Kurt, our postup game have yet to develop. Nazr has proved that he can post people up, and Sweetney can also.

[Edited by - diderotn on 12/09/2004 10:18:28]
raven
Member: #316
Canada
12/9/2004  10:24 AM
Woods is a useless stiff. The fact that nobody signed except toronto is a bit scary.

Only insane people could say this guy is a ledgit center.
diderotn
USA
12/9/2004  10:29 AM
Kurt is a stiff himself. Besides, he is a 7'1" a need in our roster. He rebounds and block shots, let's not forget that he is cheap also. Yes, I am insane. Knicks will never be a good team until they get rid of Kurt thomas.

Posted by raven:

Woods is a useless stiff. The fact that nobody signed except toronto is a bit scary.

Only insane people could say this guy is a ledgit center.
fishmike
USA
12/9/2004  10:29 AM
answer me this question... did you expect to rebuild this team from a Layden disaster into an overnight title caliber team? Could we make changes? Yes.. I'm sure there are deals out there that might improve some of these problem areas, but most would be quick fixes that would hurt us long term.

At this point the best thing we can do continue with this group and focus on improving from within. That means getting Houston healthy, getting Crawford taking better shots, getting Marbury to lift a finger on D, keeping Nazr on this pace he's on, getting TT straightened out, getting Ariza to play under control but still aggressive, getting Sweetney to slim down a bit more and react better on defense. Get Sweetney to start his post move the second he gets the ball and force the defense to react to him, rather than him always reacting to the defense. Get Penny healthty, keep KT focused and away from stupid fouls and argueing with refs like he did the other night in Memphis.

You do the above things and this team has a Sonics like turnaround. Whats more important is with the team and players looking good and playing at a high level you will enter next offseason with many nice commoditiies to upgrade and continue this rebuilding.

If we have a chance to get a guy like Zo for garbage and $$$ I do it in a heart beat, but the real prize is down the road, NOT winning the Craplantic with 45 wins and a 2nd round exit this year. This year should be about turning around the perception of this franchise and pumping up the value of our current assets so we can really build this team.

You trade for VC or some overpriced center and the Knicks are just a team with a bloated payroll and no patience to build a team the way it should be.
diderotn
USA
12/9/2004  10:39 AM
there are no overpriced Centers out there that we can trade for anyway. Loren Wood or Brandon Haywood are much cheaper than Kurt. There is one thing that you have to remember, N.Y. doesn't have patience with anything. As a black GM, you don't have a five year window to put a team together, you are only given 3 years to do well. Isiah is in the hot sit even as we speak. You watch, if after this year our team continues to under achieve, they will be looking to replace Isiah, even despite the fact that they know that he has inherited a bad cap and team situation. As Isiah, I wouldn't want to go down with a player that I have inherited from the previous regime. That is why it is extremely important for him to get rid of Houston's contract as soon as possible, especially if the possibility to trade Houston for Carter is offered.

[Edited by - diderotn on 12/09/2004 10:40:27]
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/9/2004  10:40 AM
Woods is crap. Why do we think the grass is always greener?

Nazr is decent, and far better more than half the crap on that list.

If you can't make a good upgrade, then don't bother. No need to waste assets. Toronto needs a big also until their big draft pick develops. If you got woods starting, you got a big problem!

But since he starts on another team, that qualifies him for us to "go get him?" He is crap and a head case.

Haywood is from NY? That is your qualifier? So freaking what!

He was born in NY, He grew up in North carolina! Went to Dudley High school in Greensboro, NC. He is really not that great. You can get him for 3million when he is a free agent.

Neither of those guys are an upgrade over Nazr at all! Unless we can get a project with great upside like Curry, or some Eurostiff Isiah might really love (can't see that) I don't know whom would be an upgrade. Kwame? he is a big risk, and might develope, but we give up sweets just yet for him?
fishmike
USA
12/9/2004  10:44 AM
first of all black has nothing to do with it. Ernie, Layden, Tapscott... all these guys had pretty short leases. Dolan may be a hoser but he's not a racist. Otherwise he would have hired George Karl or Steve Kerr or someone like that.

second of all MSG is still a business and sooner or later their payroll will force them to be patient.
diderotn
USA
12/9/2004  10:47 AM
Nal! I never said trade Nazr for those guys. I said trade Kurt and move Nazr to the PF position with either Wood or Haywood at Center. For what it is worth, I would deal Kurt, because his presence slowed our development. Sweetney needs playing time, and JYD needs playing time also. They are both better defenders than Kurt and will both do the little things that Kurt can't provide. Kurt thinks that he is a scorrer, and that is not what we need from the 4. We need a guy that will do the dirty work, that is it. Kurt is taking more shots than TT and Marburry. Have you noticed how quickly the flow of the changes when Kurt is not in the lineup, especially when Marb is running the point?????? JYD and Sweetney provide the quickness and athleticism that Marb needs to be successful, not Kurt. With Kurt, if the P&r is not working, forget about it. He can't create his own shots, and doesn't have a postup move. Trade Kurt.

Posted by Nalod:

Woods is crap. Why do we think the grass is always greener?

Nazr is decent, and far better more than half the crap on that list.

If you can't make a good upgrade, then don't bother. No need to waste assets. Toronto needs a big also until their big draft pick develops. If you got woods starting, you got a big problem!

But since he starts on another team, that qualifies him for us to "go get him?" He is crap and a head case.

Haywood is from NY? That is your qualifier? So freaking what!

He was born in NY, He grew up in North carolina! Went to Dudley High school in Greensboro, NC. He is really not that great. You can get him for 3million when he is a free agent.

Neither of those guys are an upgrade over Nazr at all! Unless we can get a project with great upside like Curry, or some Eurostiff Isiah might really love (can't see that) I don't know whom would be an upgrade. Kwame? he is a big risk, and might develope, but we give up sweets just yet for him?

[Edited by - diderotn on 12/09/2004 10:51:46]
TMS
USA
12/9/2004  11:05 AM
the best way to improve this team is to acquire TRADEABLE ASSETS...Vince Carter is 10 times more of a tradeable asset than Allan Houston is...& you all know that i like Allan Houston...this is not a trade for the sake of making a trade...it's a step in the right direction in building this team to become a title contender someday.

Loren Woods is NOT the centerpiece of this deal people...the only reason i say he would be a nice addition is because he would add some good size & shotblocking at the backup C position...don't tell me you guys wouldn't much rather see him on the floor than Vin Baker...he has a decent midrange jumper & he's alot more athletic than Vin as well.

where is this talk of trading KT coming from here? he was never mentioned in the rumored deal...it was supposedly Allan Houston, Tim Thomas & Jerome Williams for Vince Carter & Jalen Rose...i say add Loren Woods into that deal & the Knicks make out nicely.

C - Nazr / Woods / Baker
PF - KT / Sweetney
SF - Vince / Ariza
SG - Crawford / Rose
PG - Marbury / Penny / Brewer
IR - Moochie / Sundov

of course if you could replace JYD w/Moochie or Baker, all the better.
diderotn
USA
12/9/2004  11:09 AM
Hell no, I don't want to trade JYD. To win championship, you have to have a guy like JYD. Trade: Kurt, TT (?????), Houston, Penny, and Moochie. That is it.
fishmike
USA
12/9/2004  11:10 AM
I think you overrate VC somewhat, and remember he comes with Jalen Rose attached to him. To me thats too much. We are a year away from getting out of Penny and TT's contracts and watching $30mm come off the books. I would rather use the $$ to buy draft picks than pay Jalen Rose to bitch about coming off the bench for the next 3 years, or to keep Ariza there. You gain one tradable asset but lose others. To me thats a wash. The best I can say about Woods is he's better than Baker.

I would rather wait, but thats just me
diderotn
USA
12/9/2004  11:24 AM
Fish I am surprised by what you said. Next season, there will not be any talent available. That is why it is imperative to get a guy like Carter if he becomes available. I dont like Rose, but we can get rid of him. However, Carter and Wood for Houston, Kurt, and Penny is a good deal. I know that Wood is not part of the deal, but we can always request that he is part of it.

Posted by fishmike:

I think you overrate VC somewhat, and remember he comes with Jalen Rose attached to him. To me thats too much. We are a year away from getting out of Penny and TT's contracts and watching $30mm come off the books. I would rather use the $$ to buy draft picks than pay Jalen Rose to bitch about coming off the bench for the next 3 years, or to keep Ariza there. You gain one tradable asset but lose others. To me thats a wash. The best I can say about Woods is he's better than Baker.

I would rather wait, but thats just me
NBA: Centers. We need a shot blocker with good defensive skills

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy