Vince carter new nickname...
Author Thread
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
12/9/2004  9:02 AM
...should be half man - half injured

At least we're safe from these horrible trade talks.

Wish him a good recovery though, hate to see player get injured.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/9/2004  9:40 AM
Carter for Houston straight up!
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/9/2004  9:43 AM
I too would take an injured Carter over Houston. I still believe that the injury that was reported last night was orchestrated. Maybe Isiah has something to do with it. Toronto is not crazy enough to trade a star like Carter to an eastern team, not if they can help it. Portland may definitely pull out of that deal now, which will leave just the Knicks on the table.
The true Knickabocker..........
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/9/2004  9:51 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I still believe that the injury that was reported last night was orchestrated. Maybe Isiah has something to do with it.

You gotta be kidding me.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/9/2004  9:53 AM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by diderotn:

I still believe that the injury that was reported last night was orchestrated. Maybe Isiah has something to do with it.

You gotta be kidding me.
that was my reaction too
diderotn
USA
12/9/2004  9:55 AM
what is so wrong with that??? players in this league will do anything to get what they want. Especially a super-star like Vince. Did Tmack, Shaq, Kobe, and now kidd get what they wanted??? the answer is yes.
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
12/9/2004  9:57 AM
if that were the case he prob wouldm't fake something mid game....have trainers from both teams look at him and have his teamates help him off the court. Silly.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
diderotn
USA
12/9/2004  10:03 AM
let's wait and see after December 15th
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/9/2004  10:15 AM
Posted by Andrew:

if that were the case he prob wouldm't fake something mid game....have trainers from both teams look at him and have his teamates help him off the court. Silly.

If he did that, he is way out of line. His Diva act is getting old.

I recognize lots of folks always think the answers to our problems lie in making trades, but this talk of Vince for H20 is real starphuching.

Im torn because as a fan, I like Allan. he is our guy, and has been for a while. I want to see him return. Isiah must recognize this exists for a lot of fans and Vince with his bitchDiva act does not make us great, and from what I have read adds 47 million to payroll.

I hate rose, but miss gazy is not all that endearing to me either.

IT is an upgrade, but we need greater help in the middle.

I hope it does not come to fruition this trade, but I am sure enough Kool Aid will smooth it over at some point.

If we are in WIN NOW mode, I would rather trade TT and Jamal and what ever for Carter/Rose. Ariza will get plenty of run when Vince is hurt. Marbs-Allan-Vince, with Rose/Ariza off the bench is strong. Its not that I don't like Jamal, its just staying consistant with the win now mentality. Jamal will learn to shoot consistantly one day.

If no trade, Jamal will get yanked when he shoots 30% when Allan returns. Likewise, if Jamal is hot, he stays in!
raven
Member: #316
Canada
12/9/2004  10:20 AM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by diderotn:

You gotta be kidding me.

Not at all. IT is responsible for this earthquake in Japan last month. Some say he can walk on water...
Ira
Member: #91
12/9/2004  10:24 AM
Most of Isaiah's moves are not 'win now' moves. A couple of years ago, this team was built around an aging Houston, Sprewell and K Thomas. Now we have Marbury and Crawford in the mix. If the trade happens, we'll have Carter - who's 27 in there too.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/9/2004  10:28 AM
Posted by Ira:

Most of Isaiah's moves are not 'win now' moves. A couple of years ago, this team was built around an aging Houston, Sprewell and K Thomas. Now we have Marbury and Crawford in the mix. If the trade happens, we'll have Carter - who's 27 in there too.

Its a good point, but we must ask ourselves is the future Sweets and Azira?

I would say a trade for Curry would be forward thinking. Carter is young, but not durable.
diderotn
USA
12/9/2004  11:05 AM
"That can change quickly," he said. "A lot can happen over the next month."

Thomas might be the only one offering to take Rose now, but if Toronto general manager Rob Babcock is patient, there will be more inquiries. According to the personnel man, Portland agreed to take Rose along with Carter in a deal for Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Derek Anderson, but he took issue with reports that the Trail Blazers pulled out because of concerns about Carter's knee tendinitis.

In fact, the expert said, Toronto called off the deal when the Blazers declined to provide MRI information on Anderson and Abdur-Rahim. Portland officials declined comment. However, a source close to the Blazers' organization said there was a full exchange of medical information, including conversation between team physicians. The source said Toronto could have ordered MRI exams before completing a deal.

The breakdown in negotiations between the Blazers and Raptors might appear to leave the Knicks in a stronger position to get Carter, but the personnel expert said, "No, not for the players Isiah's talking about."

Vince will be just fine. He is just trying to protest the Raptors will not to grant him what he wants. The Raptors are trying to trade him to Portland instead for SAR, and Vince wants to come to N.Y. With this supposedly injury, a lot of teams will back away from dealing with the Raptors and they will be forced to accept the offer that we have presentes to them.

Posted by raven:
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by diderotn:

You gotta be kidding me.

Not at all. IT is responsible for this earthquake in Japan last month. Some say he can walk on water...
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/9/2004  2:05 PM
Sir Charles gave Vince the best nickname.

"Half-Man, Half a Season"

manilaballer
Member: #521
Philippines
12/9/2004  7:06 PM
Posted by raven:

...should be half man - half injured

At least we're safe from these horrible trade talks.

Wish him a good recovery though, hate to see player get injured.

i thought it was half man - half girl
KNICKS 2006
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/9/2004  7:25 PM
Knicks need Vince to replace Timmy....did we all of a sudden forget about that?

Timmy is the bum.....

Vince is doing everything he can do get traded. I hope he comes to the Knicks.

Forget about stops cuz Timmy's mouth is tougher than his defense. Vince's defense is way better........still what would a defense do if they had to look at the Knicks with Craw, Marbs, and Vince that would be so crazy......

Kwame Brown looks like he might be ready to go too.......

Go Isiah do your GM thing.........bring us some real ballers.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Vince carter new nickname...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy