[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

15th December.... Trading Startline?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/8/2004  9:43 AM
I think I read somewhere that players signed to free agent contracts in the offseason - the likes of Baker - can't be traded until 15 Dec.

In a curious move, Houston came off the IR early and Penny went on the IR. By Penny going on the IR before the Grizz game, he is eligible to come off the IR on ... you guessed it ... 15th December.

It's smart for Houston to wait to play in a non back-to-back situation, and thus not the Grizz game, but it may be an even smarter move by Isiah to put Penny ON the IR prior to this game.

Could be hints of a trade that involves Penny.

thoughts?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/8/2004  9:58 AM
as a GM it's your job to keep all your options open, but i wouldn't see this as a precursor of any trades to come necessarily.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/8/2004  10:05 AM
I agree, TMS. The Knicks could have really used Penny yesterday. You don't put a healthy player on the injured list and risk losing games simply to keep him healthy because you're hoping a team will trade for him in a week.
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
12/8/2004  11:23 AM
There's a rumor involving Houston + Penny/Thomas to Toronto... Szczerbiak, Curry ... I don't think anything will happen before Christmas, though...
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/8/2004  11:33 AM
I think something will in fact happen before Christmas.

Dec 15 through 25th.....Watch out. I'm running out of Kool-Aide.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/8/2004  11:36 AM
Isiah is cooking something, and I must tell you, I can't wait. Isiah is searching for a super-star to complement Marburry. There is no telling what may happen on that day, perhaps Crawff may be moved also.

Posted by EnySpree:

The true Knickabocker..........
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
12/8/2004  11:48 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Isiah is cooking something, and I must tell you, I can't wait. Isiah is searching for a super-star to complement Marburry. There is no telling what may happen on that day, perhaps Crawff may be moved also.

Posted by EnySpree:

Every GM is doing that... Isiah just gets more publicity.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/8/2004  11:58 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I agree, TMS. The Knicks could have really used Penny yesterday. You don't put a healthy player on the injured list and risk losing games simply to keep him healthy because you're hoping a team will trade for him in a week.

you missed the point entirely. Penny IS hurt. Houston is NOT hurt and can play at any moment. The team does NOT want to play Houston in the back-to-back, so it would be logical to remove him from the IR just before he is ready to play (Friday or Sunday). But by taking Houston off of the IR early, and placing Penny ON th IR as soon as possible, this opens the door to Penny being able to be traded as early as the 15th of December.

Use some sense man.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/8/2004  12:07 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bonn1997:

you missed the point entirely. Penny IS hurt. Houston is NOT hurt and can play at any moment. The team does NOT want to play Houston in the back-to-back, so it would be logical to remove him from the IR just before he is ready to play (Friday or Sunday). But by taking Houston off of the IR early, and placing Penny ON th IR as soon as possible, this opens the door to Penny being able to be traded as early as the 15th of December.

Use some sense man.
No, that still makes no sense. I've never heard of a coach putting a player on the IR just to get him off on the 15th. The 15th is not some big day as far as trades go. It never has been. It looks more like a meaningless coincidence that Penny has a hamstring problem and will be eligible to come off the IR on the 15th.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/10/2004  8:45 AM
Some players when they know a trade is about to happen with them included they actually start to play tight.

Anybody wanna say "MIKE SWEETNEY"
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/10/2004  11:21 AM
man... I really hope Alan can provide a spark for us. So many people malign the guy I'm really rooting for him. I would love nothing more than watching him drain buckets with that smoooth stroke of Marbury penetrations.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/10/2004  11:48 AM
I hate how trade speculation has derailed what's been a mostly enjoyable first 18 games. The team defense needs work, but I don't think trading for Vince Carter helps that at all. And I question if Vince alone is better than Craw + Penny for this team.
¿ △ ?
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/10/2004  6:36 PM
Really unlikely there's any connection, especially since Game night just said Penny could miss up to 2 weeks.
playa2

12/11/2004  2:36 PM
I can see the wiz wanting sweetney in a trade since he's from the DC area.

Sweets seems comfortable playing there in that arena in front of friends and family.

Who could we take back in a trade.

Haywood or E.Thomas who is from Harlem

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
12/11/2004  5:37 PM
with kwame and etan out, haywood has been a real nice surprise for the 'zards. it, tt now et, sorry that's one thomas too many (lol) plus the 'zards are finally wining. a more balance solution would bring dampier and stackhouse for crawford, sweetney and kurt thomas. knicks finally gets a player in jerry stackhouse that makes it to the free throw line while adding help on the boards with damps. hey, kt might fancy being near home with dallas.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/12/2004  2:55 AM
bobby I hate that trade!!!!!
I really think we give up a lot and get little in return.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
12/12/2004  9:16 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

bobby I hate that trade!!!!!
I really think we give up a lot and get little in return.

these players look good with little lacking in the talent department. if anything refinement in starting rolls and a little coaching motivation may be all that may be needed. the result of having such talent, injury free, should have knicks playing much better than their record indicates....but not the case. so look what happens the day after I wrote the trade: crawford and thomas both have outstanding games while knicks hold denver below 100 points. does anybody know any good tt trades (lol)
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
playa2

12/16/2004  7:51 AM
I believe the scales were tipped after last nights 4th qtr debacle.
JC may be the modern day John Starks(who use to bag groceries before coming to NBA) Nothing between the ears.

Zeke had to be fuming last night. I wonder if some players were dissappointed with JC after last nights game against the defending champs.

Somebody is gonna go and Houston won't be the one.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/16/2004  8:26 AM
Posted by playa2:

I believe the scales were tipped after last nights 4th qtr debacle.
JC may be the modern day John Starks(who use to bag groceries before coming to NBA) Nothing between the ears.

Zeke had to be fuming last night. I wonder if some players were dissappointed with JC after last nights game against the defending
champs.
Oh, everyone has to be fuming after last night. Lenny better not take it easy on those idiots who take an entire quarter off on defense. He better not take it easy on Jamal "I have met a shot I wont take" Crawford.
Somebody is gonna go and Houston won't be the one.
Houston wont be the one because no one wants his humongous contract. Trust me, if Houston could be traded, he would be gone before Crawford and maybe even before Sprewell.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
15th December.... Trading Startline?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy