[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tim Thomas should be the Power Fwd
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/8/2004  6:55 AM
I saw most of the game but turned it off.....

I'm watching MSG Sports Desk and NBA TV and Timmy just looks slow....He's too slow to be our starting small forward.

Yeah he's althletic but he's not like Ariza or Wally Z for that matter.....

Timmy needs to rebound. It's a shame how this guy is 6'10", 240lbs and can't get at least 7 rebs per game. He's as big as Nazr!!!! If he could rebound for once in his life he would give the Knicks a real threat as a power fwd. He is just as big as any power fwd in the league except he can shoot the long ball and run the floor.

It's a shame that Timmy sucks this bad......Timmy should be shifted to power fwd. In KT's role the Knicks could feature him in the pick and roll, post him up and have him spotting up by three. KT could then be sent to the bench or traded.

Ariza keeps showing that he is worthy of a starting job in this league......

Timmy must rebound because he just isn't a small fwd anymore if he ever was. Timmy finishes well around the basket.....I just don't understand why he can't rebound.....He doesn't even try. The sole reason he's not a power fwd is because he doesn't rebound.....

Rebound Rebound Rebound.......

KT as the starter is not working.....he's over achieving. Nazr is the best the Knicks can do and he is averaging a double double.

With Houston back the Knicks need to shuffle the line-ups.....and make a trade that will clean the team up....

Bottom line:
Start Timmy, Ariza, Nazr, Marbs and Craw.....
Then look to trade KT to San Antonio for a draft pick and one of their back court guys....

[Edited by - enyspree on 12/08/2004 06:56:43]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
12/8/2004  6:56 AM
TT should be sixth man and paid accordingly.

he should also get a brain and hear transplant. that would help too.

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/8/2004  9:12 AM
Timmy needs to be traded.

Timmy would be a horrible solution for PF...he hardly rebounds for a SF as it is...there's no way i want him defending guys like Elton Brand, Jermaine O'Neal or even Pau Gasol for that matter either.

Timmy needs to get his arse in gear & start putting forth a defensive effort on the court & earn his $12 million.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Clean
Member: #743
12/8/2004  9:42 AM
I actually like the idea of him trying out for our PF slot. He looks like a pretty good rebounder when he is down low which is not that often because half his shots are from long range. That obviously will alter his rebounding numbers. I would no doubt play him at PF as long as it does not create mismatch in another teams favor. We are not going anywhere with Kurt as our starting PF no matter how good he plays. He is not what we need in our starting post positions. I don't mind having Nazi start because he gets his points from puts backs and he always gets alot of boards. I would like a skilled postup player with him that also have some shot blocking ability.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/8/2004  9:50 AM
why can a guy like Donyell Marshall who's les athletic and smaller than TT get 10 rebounds a night at the 3? Why does Marion get 10 rebs a night at the 3? Why does RJ get 7? Its heart and effort and dedication. TT doesnt have it.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
USA
12/8/2004  10:07 AM
it's also instincts & basketball IQ...TT lacks in that department...you often see him just staring at balls clang off the rim & not even put forth an effort to put himself into position to grab the rebound...he never boxes anyone out either...the only rebounds he grabs are the ones that fall basically right into his hands...contrast him underneath the rim to just about any other good rebounding SF, like Van Horn, Marshall, Marion, etc...these guys are setting themselves up early because they can anticipate where the ball will be & put themselves into position to grab the rebounds when the shots don't fall...

now you want to put him up against power rebounders like Brand, Okafor, Howard, Stoudamire, O'Neal, Garnett, etc.? i don't think so.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Ira
Member: #91
12/8/2004  10:11 AM
We need to get rebounding from our power forward. TT's rebounding is light for a small forward.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/8/2004  10:14 AM
i think we all just have to stop and accept what tim thomas is. he's an inconsistent SF who doesn't care about rebounding or defense. very simple. nothing you can really do to change that.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/8/2004  10:26 AM
Posted by fishmike:

why can a guy like Donyell Marshall who's les athletic and smaller than TT get 10 rebounds a night at the 3? Why does Marion get 10 rebs a night at the 3? Why does RJ get 7? Its heart and effort and dedication. TT doesnt have it.

Bingo!
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/8/2004  10:27 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

i think we all just have to stop and accept what tim thomas is. he's an inconsistent SF who doesn't care about rebounding or defense. very simple. nothing you can really do to change that.

Accepted. Now get rid of him.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/8/2004  10:55 AM
TT should be the PF, but he needs to change his mentality first. In my opinion, TT should be in the same class as Nowitsky and the other great PFs in the league today. He is long enough and most of all has the athletic abilities to dominate inside and outside
The true Knickabocker..........
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
12/8/2004  11:09 AM
Posted by diderotn:

TT should be the PF, but he needs to change his mentality first. In my opinion, TT should be in the same class as Nowitsky and the other great PFs in the league today. He is long enough and most of all has the athletic abilities to dominate inside and outside

But he isnt even close and never will be.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
diderotn
USA
12/8/2004  11:16 AM
I am beginning to believe that you are right. He is not taking the ball to the whole enough, and most of all, he doesn't know how to assert himself. He is not showing any desire to be a great player.

Posted by OasisBU:
Posted by diderotn:

But he isnt even close and never will be.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/8/2004  11:16 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I agree....not with the Norwitski part but I see what you are saying....

I for one can't understand why Timmy can't get Similiar numbers to Shareef Abdur-Rahim. To me both of those players move very similiar. Timmy is not fast at all.

He should be a power fwd.....thing is he's not.....how the heck can Isiah trade him? He's terrible.

Isiah struck gold with Nazr but Timmy is the guy that is untradable.

KVH is better than Timmy in all aspects of the game. At least the Knicks could look at KVH and slide him to power fwd with no problem......Timmy is a bum.

I wonder if Atlanta would have done the trade for Nazr without the Bucks getting involved? Geez man......

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/8/2004  11:22 AM
TT as a 4 would work in some matchups if he was coming off the bench and was used there situationally.

He is not better than KT as a 4- KT brings defense and real boarding

He is not better than Sweets as a 4- he brings low post moves and offensive boards

If Lenny wanted to go small- with Marbury, Crawford, Houston, TT and KT/Nazr- then yes, having TT as a 4 makes sense-

but, I'd rather probably go small with Marbury, Crawford, Houston and Sweets & Nazr- three outside options and 2 low post/offensive rebounders
diderotn
USA
12/8/2004  11:44 AM
One thing is for sure, I don't think that TT has been properly used. I do believe that a good coach can figure out the right way and position to play TT. Lenny has done nothing but talking about what he may do with this kid, but he has yet to put him on those situations. The problem or the reason for Lenny's problem is Kurt Thomas. If he promotes TT to PF, what will happen with Kurt? TT can perhaps do a lot more things than Kurt. When his shots are on target, he is unguardable. In my opinion, I would consider a lineup change just for a search for energy. My options would be: Marb, Crawf, JYD, TT, Nazr, or Marb, Crawf, Houston, TT, Kurt; Or Marb, Houston, JYD, TT, Nazr or Kurt. Since Houston has yet to prove that he is capable, I would use Crawf for the moment as the SG, but JYD would have been my SF for sure with Kurt either as the starting Center or Nazr. I prefer Nazr because he has been consistent all year. Until a trade happens to clean up the PF position, we will never know what we have or how good we can be. Kurt is not that good of a defender.

quote]
Posted by franco12:

TT as a 4 would work in some matchups if he was coming off the bench and was used there situationally.

He is not better than KT as a 4- KT brings defense and real boarding

He is not better than Sweets as a 4- he brings low post moves and offensive boards

If Lenny wanted to go small- with Marbury, Crawford, Houston, TT and KT/Nazr- then yes, having TT as a 4 makes sense-

but, I'd rather probably go small with Marbury, Crawford, Houston and Sweets & Nazr- three outside options and 2 low post/offensive rebounders
[/quote]

[Edited by - diderotn on 12/08/2004 11:45:48]
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/8/2004  12:16 PM
How is TT not being properly used? He gets post ups, he gets screens, he gets picks, he misses shots or gets offensive fouls. He doesnt play hard on D, he doesnt rebound.

Maybe we should wipe his butt for him, so he has more energy to commit to rebounding and defense. Think that will help?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
USA
12/8/2004  12:43 PM
TT simply lacks the drive that great players have to make themselves better...he thinks he's too good for his own right...Sam Cassell had him pegged perfectly to the T when he left Milwaukee when he said that Tim can be as good as he WANTS to be...the only problem is that he doesn't want it...he's happy where he is, making his big money contract...he has no motivation to fulfill his enormous potential, & he never will again in my opinion...he's fallen victim to the word "complacency", which is a damn shame...he could really be good if he ever put his mind to it...i don't think he ever will personally.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/8/2004  12:47 PM
I always thought that TT was a 2-guard in a power forwards body.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
diderotn
USA
12/8/2004  12:50 PM
That is what normally happen to a young player, especially when they receive a big contract after half a season of decent production. Once his contract expires, he will be hungry again. That is my problem with this league, unproven players getting big contrace just because of their height and potentials.

Posted by TMS:

TT simply lacks the drive that great players have to make themselves better...he thinks he's too good for his own right...Sam Cassell had him pegged perfectly to the T when he left Milwaukee when he said that Tim can be as good as he WANTS to be...the only problem is that he doesn't want it...he's happy where he is, making his big money contract...he has no motivation to fulfill his enormous potential, & he never will again in my opinion...he's fallen victim to the word "complacency", which is a damn shame...he could really be good if he ever put his mind to it...i don't think he ever will personally.
Tim Thomas should be the Power Fwd

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy