[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

why don't we establish the post?
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/7/2004  11:57 PM
i'm watching this team and over and over and over again, live by the jumpshot, die by the jumpshot.

why don't we ever try to play from the inside out? always with the pick and rolls and screens to set up jumpers. our strengths are our guards and perimeter players - yes, i agree with that but after all these games, not once have they made a concerted effort to get the ball in the post.

nazr's post game seems to be coming along nicely and sweetney's offensive game is there, he just needs the touches b/c he'll either take a high % shot or get to the line.

post play is what's needed, especially in road games where you need to stop the clock and get to the line.

today was a PERFECT example of us relying completely on marbury and crawford while not having any other type of offense being run.

for once, i'd like to come out feeding nazr in the post. make the guy playing him play some defense. i'd like to see the ball forcefed to sweetney as soon as he gets in the game. he makes a difference.

what else is evidence enough when sweetney's averaging <20 mins a game and is 2nd in ft attempts.

this team has good pieces but we need to utilize some post presence. this does nothing for our defense b/c it's horrendous but all of these things are intertwined. play post offense, it expends the energy of the opposing players. play some half court and no long rebounds.

doesn't solve all our deficencies but if there's one critique i have of lenny is not utilizing nazr and sweetney more in the post.
AUTOADVERT
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
12/8/2004  12:02 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

nazr's post game seems to be coming along nicely and sweetney's offensive game is there, he just needs the touches b/c he'll either take a high % shot or get to the line.

post play is what's needed, especially in road games where you need to stop the clock and get to the line.

today was a PERFECT example of us relying completely on marbury and crawford while not having any other type of offense being run.

for once, i'd like to come out feeding nazr in the post. make the guy playing him play some defense. i'd like to see the ball forcefed to sweetney as soon as he gets in the game. he makes a difference.
yep i agree, we need to establish Nazr early, if he makes his first couple of shots it will open things up for Steph and Craw, it will make things a lot easier for them
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
why don't we establish the post?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy