[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Somehow, someway we need to move KT
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/7/2004  11:09 PM
i dont care what anyone says about his skills, you CANNOT have a 4 who is a basic jump shooter. we need a post up 4 with more athletiscm-- Sweetney is to small to start. they wont trade him because he still gives them a certain confidence factor that they will be good enough to win the shtty east with him [which is no prize] we really cannot draw double teams down low at all. teams can double marbury and let the other guys beat them and the odds say with our shooting %s

i.e the other players other than Marbury and our lack of D will= loss

of course we will win some games because we have streak shooters and we do have some inside presence on the offensive side with nazr

can we get a pietrus and take a salary for KT? i dont know what to say

also, perhaps im flat out wrong about allan. Crawford is such an erratic player that he can create momentum changes both ways and when you are shooting under 40% its more momo for the other team!

maybe its in our bets interets to tell him to STOP firing from all angles and concnetrate on ball movement and easier % shots

for every 30 footer the guy hits he misses 2 of them. hes not awful and the % shooting is a bit skewed because he makes a lot of 3s which equate to more scoring but those misses start fast breaks. just cant keep taking all these jumpshots from every position except 1 jumpshooting teams dont win.....
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/7/2004  11:14 PM
Kurt's a great player to have coming off the bench for 25 mpg, but he's a well below average starting PF. Briggs, you don't really think Kurt is Isiah's starting PF for the future, do you? If you can trade him for a talented young player, you obviously do it. I haven't seen Pietrus enough to evaluate the proposal you made.

maybe its in our bets interets to tell him to STOP firing from all angles and concnetrate on ball movement and easier % shots
I'd be shocked if Isiah and Lenny haven't been telling him that
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/7/2004  11:20 PM
GS has Troy Murphy...they have no reason to trade for KT.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/7/2004  11:36 PM
kurt's a good player next to tim duncan or shaq. I'm with you..kurt is the biggest reason for our mediocrity
Bonn1997
USA
12/7/2004  11:40 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

kurt's a good player next to tim duncan or shaq. I'm with you..kurt is the biggest reason for our mediocrity
I think Kurt's playing as well as you could expect him to. He's a below average starting PF but an above average reserve PF.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/7/2004  11:47 PM
I wouldn't want him as a reserve. it's not like he's bringing in defensive intensity or ahtletism off the bench. He's a good defender but not that special. He'd be great with shaq or duncan because they can play in the post and defend the post. Then KT can stand on the perimeter and take his jumpers which by the way usually don't go in except for maybe 2 or 3 times a year.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/8/2004  12:04 AM
kurt is kurt. he's solid but for him to be our starting PF means we're not an elite team. very simple. can't say nothing bad about him.

i'm sure isiah knows what this team is capable of and not capable of. let's see what he does about it.
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
12/8/2004  12:39 AM
Whoa... hold up a minute. KT is playing fine this season--- he's been doing a good job for a couple of seasons now. He is what he is.

To say he's the reason for our mediocrity is nonsense. He's a solid component to any team. Whether he starts or not is irrelevant--- I can't think of a team in the NBA right where he wouldn't deserve good minutes.

We don't have a solid low post player--- that's not KT's fault. There are always going to be 4 other players on the court where you could get it. For example, Gary Payton, Sam Cassell, and Jason Kidd are all excellent post-up PGs. Bonzi Well can score on anyone down low... Carmelo can get points inside at the 3. I read that when John Starks was in the CBA, he used to post up guys before he became the conscienceless gunner in the NBA.

I'm all for trading anyone on the team if it makes us better. We have a couple of developing low post players in Tim Thomas and Sweetney... though clearly there are doubts that they'll ever become the players we want them to be.

Would adding someone like Gary Trent or Marcus Fizer give us what we need down low?
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Bonn1997
USA
12/8/2004  12:43 AM
Fizer's kind of like a poor man's version of Mike Sweetney!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/8/2004  12:54 AM
We need a post up player, period. none of this posting up PG's or SG's, we need a big man who can get the post, hold the post, draw double teams and score in the post with regularity, this is when you will see, marbs, Houston and craw at their best.. Eddy curry is one guy that comes to mind. We are a jump shooting team, that is not good, when that is your only weapon...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/8/2004  1:50 AM
KT's trade value is never going to be any higher. Move him now.
nadavshomron
Member: #623
Israel
12/8/2004  4:52 AM
kurt is a great defender he gives you a double double almost every night and he is not the knicks biggest problem.
the biggest problems are:
1-bad team defence(maybe work hard on zone d)
2-lack of good shooters(craw is shooting under 40% ,houston will help)
3-getting to the line-(the knicks are not getting enough trips to the line)
4-post up player-(houston can post his man very good)

i think allan will help this team on problems no.2 and no.4 and the knicks will be able to will more games.
LJ FOR 4!!!!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/8/2004  6:07 AM
Kicks have too many complemetary players up front....

Timmy, Nazr and KT are complementary players.....Nazr has been getting his numbers but on defense he hasn't been stopping the ball. You don't always have to block the shot.....draw a charge or just get in the way......Stop the ball.

This is why the Knicks are losing.....Tim Thomas has been playing better, but you don't really notice it......He's a bum. The offense focuses too much on getting the ball to the jumpshooters or ball handling or Marbs and Craw.......There is no inside outside game. The Knicks are easy to stop defensively.......it doesn't help that everyone has great shooting games against the Knicks......
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
raven
Member: #316
Canada
12/8/2004  7:03 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Tim Thomas has been playing better, but you don't really notice it......He's a bum.

so freaking true, eny
raven
Member: #316
Canada
12/8/2004  7:06 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I saw this guy play a lot and trust me, I'd do that in a hearbeat.

He used to kill every single good offensive player in euroleague with his hound d. He could defend anybody from 1 to 4, cause them headaches.

I would love to have that guy here. what a defensive stopper he'll soon be.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/8/2004  7:18 AM
A big for small???? come on. Kurt and another player for perhaps Chandler or a 7' that has some sort of defensive ability

Posted by raven:
Posted by BRIGGS:

I saw this guy play a lot and trust me, I'd do that in a hearbeat.

He used to kill every single good offensive player in euroleague with his hound d. He could defend anybody from 1 to 4, cause them headaches.

I would love to have that guy here. what a defensive stopper he'll soon be.
The true Knickabocker..........
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/8/2004  9:48 AM
Briggs is 100% right. I was just posting in the Crawford thread that part of the reason he takes so many shots is because thats the best option. We have no balance in scoring. If you swarm to Marbury and take away his penetration its all jumpers and Crawford gives you the best chance of getting hot.

the problem is I think this is just the way its going to be this year. KT has been effective at time, but opposing PFs are still getting like 20/14 and shooting 55% against us. I dont think you can bench him either. He plays too hard and it sends a bad message. Its not KT's fault we are winning, but we need something different from the 4, and we need anything from the 3.

I think the idea this year was to run, gun, rebound and play hard. Win the division, win your 45 games and get some interest back. Its going to be hard to move KT this season... but we will see. We do know Isiah loves to deal.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Somehow, someway we need to move KT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy