[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Did Isiah really offer H20/TT for Vince and Jalen?
Author Thread
Knickss208
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #796
12/7/2004  11:43 PM
No way in hell!!! I would hate this trade more than anything in the world. Vince is a slasher so is Crawford. Rose Im sorry to say simply sucks. Where are these players going to be on the court working together? Its not possible. I would be much happier to hold onto Houston because I think he compliments this team perfectly with two slashing guards in Steph and Crawford. STUPID TRADE!
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/8/2004  7:15 AM
You all just don't understand, this Knicks team just doesn't fit. Crawf is a not a PG nor a SG, but he plays both positions not efficiently. Houston is just a shooter and that is not what we need. TT despite his leghth and abilities has yet to be able to put it all together. Kurt Thomas is O.K. but he is not the answer at the frontline. Therefore, Isiah has to do something to continue with our progress. He inherited a team with nothing but bad contracts without the talent level necessary, so he has to improve it. This team is build around Marb and Isiah is not shy at all at telling it. He wants athletes to surround Marb, and as good as a shooter that Houston is, his inability to get on the court and his huge contract is not helping his chances. Adding a guy like Vince (a super-star) would change everything. My biggest problem with Vince is the fact that he has failed to improve his boddy by getting in the weight room to add muscles to his frame. His inability to play on both ends of the court is also a concern, but N.Y. is in need for flair and accrobatic highlights. Marb would thrive with a player like Vince and most of all, Vince would thrive with Marb and Crawf is he is not traded. Above all, we have to find a hard nose PF/C to backup or support Nazr at the front-court. With that much offense between Marb, Crawf, and Vince, we will need role players to do the dirty work. JYD is ideal, but we need a Center. Could Chandler be that dude???????? young, athletic, and can block shots.

Lineup

Marb
Crawf
Vince
Nazr
Chandler

Brewer
Ariza
Rose
Sweetney
??????
The true Knickabocker..........
Knickss208
Member: #796
12/8/2004  3:46 PM
so we give up our bad contracts for even worse ones? That is just idiotic. You even admit Vince doesnt add much to this team besides "star power". I could care less about that. I am more than happy to let this team continue to work together and stay away from locking us in even more bad contracts. TT and Penny will be in their last years next year making them great trade bait. I believe we should make smart trades. We know this trade wont allow us to win a championship and we def have the players to do so. So we should be patient and wait till the right offer comes along or we free up enough money to make the big signing.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/8/2004  3:48 PM
I read an article in the Times this morning that Houston was never offered to Toronto. If any of you get the Times, it's in the only article about NYK and should be towards the end of the article. Can't find it on the site.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/8/2004  9:41 PM
Apparently Vince left tonight's game early with an achillies injury. I didn't see what happened; I just heard about it
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/9/2004  10:30 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

It would be a dream to have Bosh included in the deal, but it's probably close to a 0% chance of that happening.

Dream vomit.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/9/2004  10:46 AM
Posted by diderotn:

You all just don't understand
sounds like a good time to start another one of your "pull up a chair and have a seat" threads.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
bernard
Member: #475
12/9/2004  11:16 AM
True, Vince and Jalen aren't what we need, and I'm not crazy about either of their games or thier makeup, but they play the same swing positions as H20 and TT and are better. Vince is better and younger than H20 even if he doesn't regain his superstar status, and Rose is better than Timmy Genious. IMO, both those guys would pick it up in NY. So, do we get what we need? No. But we get better and we don't give up anything of much value. Id make this trade in a heartbeat, even w/ Vince on the shelf, but I can't imagine Toronto doing it.
Bonn1997
USA
12/9/2004  11:33 AM
Tons of talent at 1, 2, 3 that plays no defense and no interior defense. Would this trade officially make us a poor man's version of last year's Dallas Mavericks?

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12/09/2004 11:34:13]
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
12/9/2004  1:42 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Tons of talent at 1, 2, 3 that plays no defense and no interior defense. Would this trade officially make us a poor man's version of last year's Dallas Mavericks?

If by poor you mean no Dirk Nowitski, then yes. Dallas had no D but at least they had Dirk.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/9/2004  1:49 PM
Marbury, Crawford & Vince would make up the best 1-2-3 punch w/o a bigman in the game.

that triple threat could catapult this team intot the Eastern Conference Finals this year when you consider the level of competition...you also have more tradeable assets after you make the deal...i can't see the downsides to that deal that turn so many of you off to it...it seems like a real no brainer to me.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/9/2004  1:54 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I'd say a rich man's (Dolan's) version of a less capable Mavericks (no Dirk).
Panos
12/9/2004  2:00 PM
The one thing that this thread makes me think, and which no one has
even mentioned is this: All along we've had this pipe dream of,
"Layden screwed us with the budget, but at least when Houston comes
off the books, we might approach being under the cap." This has
been something of a back of the mind glimmer of hope that SOMEDAY
we can compete for (superstar?) free agents at their proper market
value, instead of just taking on other teams discarded overpaid
players in return for our expiring contracts.

Discussing this trade makes me realize that was all a pipe dream,
and you guys prove that cliche' that New York fans don't have the
patience to rebuild.
BigRedDog
Member: #569
12/9/2004  2:34 PM
Who's rebuilding? We have marbury, crawford, under long term contacts. Now is the time to upgrade talent and win. Everyone talks about how young crawford is at 25yrs old but carter is only 27ys old. I wil be very excited if we can get him , major upgrade in talent and thats what wins games.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Bonn1997
USA
12/9/2004  2:50 PM
Posted by Panos:

patience to rebuild.
You don't have to get under the cap to rebuild. You have to get young, talented players, develop them, and surround them with good veteran role models. You can do that via trade, via draft picks, or via free agency. Assuming you must be under the cap is too limited a view.
Panos
12/9/2004  2:58 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Panos:

patience to rebuild.
You don't have to get under the cap to rebuild. You have to get young, talented players, develop them, and surround them with good veteran role models. You can do that via trade, via draft picks, or via free agency. Assuming you must be under the cap is too limited a view.

You CANNOT go via free agency if you are over the cap (except MLE).
That is what the cap means!

[Edited by - panos on 12/09/2004 14:59:22]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/9/2004  3:01 PM
neither TT nor Allan Houston have expiring deals, so i don't understand what point it is you're trying to make here.

Vince Carter will be alot more tradeable than Allan Houston or Tim Thomas, expiring contract or not.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
12/9/2004  3:12 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

Oh, don't tell me you believe we need offense...?

During that last losing streak, the Knicks offense fell completely apart in the fourth quater. I think we might have to expect that Allan may not do well Tim Thomas hasn't been great, and I wouldn't mind trading him and JYD for Carter. I say if the Raptors want to take Houston, TT, and JYD for Rose and Carter, do it and say thank you
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/9/2004  3:18 PM

NoT JYD. We need a player like JYD
Posted by matt:
Posted by Knicksfan:

Oh, don't tell me you believe we need offense...?

During that last losing streak, the Knicks offense fell completely apart in the fourth quater. I think we might have to expect that Allan may not do well Tim Thomas hasn't been great, and I wouldn't mind trading him and JYD for Carter. I say if the Raptors want to take Houston, TT, and JYD for Rose and Carter, do it and say thank you
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
USA
12/9/2004  4:37 PM
Posted by Panos:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Panos:

patience to rebuild.

You CANNOT go via free agency if you are over the cap (except MLE).
That is what the cap means!

[Edited by - panos on 12/09/2004 14:59:22]
That's why you use the two other roots to rebuilding that I just outlined!
Did Isiah really offer H20/TT for Vince and Jalen?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy