[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Few practices and Allans return......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/7/2004  10:56 AM

I always thought players can develope more in the pros than in college as they don't have to attend class.

The rigors of travel and the lack of full contact scrmmage is far less than I thought. They are holding allan back becasue they really want to see how he feels after a full practice. Otherwise they could bring him back on Weds in New Orleans.

For guys like trevor and sweets, that means if they are not getting minutes, they don't get much time to scrimmage except when the schedule allows.

The NBA needs a minor league system. That would rapidly develope kids. They do it in baseball, why not the NBA.

Allan could have played a game or two in the minors before returning. Ariza could benefit greatly by playing and building his body for the league.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/7/2004  12:26 PM
I think thats exactly what they dont need. If kids want to play pro they can go to Europe, otherwise stay in college. If teams are drafting guys that arent ready thats their fault. You already have the NBDL.

What I wonder is if their are CBA laws against an org like Cablevision buying a team in the Spanish league and developing young players over there (after they have been drafted or FA eligible).
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Few practices and Allans return......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy