[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dalembert and Kenny Thomas for Nazr
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/7/2004  1:42 PM
i regard Kenny Thomas more as a PF than i do as a SF...he's just undersized, but he plays larger than his height...we don't need anymore PF's on this team.

i love Dalembert too, but get PHI to include Corliss instead of Kenny Thomas, as we don't need that 6 year deal on the books

[Edited by - TMS on 12/07/2004 13:44:27]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/7/2004  1:47 PM
Corlis is a 3 that plays like a 4 though. His game is all back to the basket. I put Kenny in the deal because of the 6 year deal. I dont think Phili has any motivation to make it with Corlis unless they are getting Ariza back... but I would make that deal also.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/7/2004  1:49 PM
Well, let's just say, if we can get Dalembert, I'd love it.
From what I've seen, I like his game.

I just don't see this trade happening.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/7/2004  1:59 PM
I'd rather give up Kurt than Nazy. Dalembert's injuries worry me. If we traded Nazy and Dalembert got injured, we'd have zero centers. I also like how much Nazy has improved and I think he'll continue to improve. I'd take back two bad contracts if they took Kurt and gave us Dalembert. I'd include any short contracts they wanted from us to make the salaries match (Baker or Norris). They can't be too happy about having to pay MacCuloch $19 mil to retire. I'd take his salary if we could get Dalembert.
fishmike
USA
12/7/2004  2:13 PM
I guess me real point to all this is about trading guys when their value is high for other guys when their value is low. Dalembert is low, NAzr is high. Ariza is high but fading somewhat. Sweetney is low. KT was high but is also fading somewhat... you see my point. I want to get a team thats having a bad start to panic and make a move for one of our guys that are overachieving. Nazr (IMO) is overachieving.

Yes, we are thin at center but this goes back to where this Knick team is. We need a real bigman prospect more than we need 3-4 extra wins this year. We will be .500 and make the precious playoffs if JYD is starting at center. Lets think future... next 2 years.
Bonn1997
USA
12/7/2004  2:20 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I guess me real point to all this is about trading guys when their value is high for other guys when their value is low. Dalembert is low, NAzr is high. Ariza is high but fading somewhat. Sweetney is low. KT was high but is also fading somewhat... you see my point. I want to get a team thats having a bad start to panic and make a move for one of our guys that are overachieving. Nazr (IMO) is overachieving.

Yes, we are thin at center but this goes back to where this Knick team is. We need a real bigman prospect more than we need 3-4 extra wins this year. We will be .500 and make the precious playoffs if JYD is starting at center. Lets think future... next 2 years.
I *would* do the trade involving Nazy. My preference, though, is to trade Kurt instead. What do you mean by "Nazy is overachieving"? If you mean that he's not as good as his numbers suggest, I'd agree with you. But if you mean that you don't think he can keep up this level of play for the whole season, I'd disagree.

As for Kurt's trade value, I'm not sure why you say it's fading. He's still averaging an impressive double double and playing like a good role player. I don't know how long he can keep this up, though. He never has averaged a double double before. I'd trade him before his numbers fell. I do think Nazy can keep up his numbers and would prefer to trade him when he has an expiring contract or just keep him. The opportunity to get Dalembert is appealing enough that I would give up either Kurt or Nazy for him, but I'd prefer Kurt for the above reasons.
fishmike
USA
12/7/2004  3:04 PM
I think Kurt's been pretty exposed lately against other PFs and his lack of ability to shut anyone down. Being that KT is regarded as a defensive player opposing PFs are averaging like 20/14 and shooting 55%.
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
12/7/2004  3:06 PM
Hrm... Keep in mind that we're giving up a 6'10" who's capable of putting up a double-double at the CENTER SPOT. In the NBA today, that's practically worthy of all-star consideration.

Dalembert put up some studly numbers late last season--- the most impressive part of his game is his ability to block shots (2.3bpg in 26mpg last year). I'm not sure if this just means he bites on pump fakes a lot too...

Anyway... poor guy. hecareer stats on a contract year--- though maybe that's what Philly is doing--- keeping his value down so they can resign him cheap.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/7/2004  3:20 PM
If by some chance Philly would do it, I definately would.
fishmike
USA
12/7/2004  3:27 PM
Posted by technomaster:

Hrm... Keep in mind that we're giving up a 6'10" who's capable of putting up a double-double at the CENTER SPOT. In the NBA today, that's practically worthy of all-star consideration.

Dalembert put up some studly numbers late last season--- the most impressive part of his game is his ability to block shots (2.3bpg in 26mpg last year). I'm not sure if this just means he bites on pump fakes a lot too...

Anyway... poor guy. hecareer stats on a contract year--- though maybe that's what Philly is doing--- keeping his value down so they can resign him cheap.
It doesnt work... not when bigs like Okur get big money.
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
12/7/2004  6:27 PM
I really doubt Philly would do this. I'd definitely do this trade though, Kenny Thomas's situation is not going to put us at a "make it or break it" situation with the cap, we're screwed financially anyways.
http://allknicks.com
Bonn1997
USA
12/7/2004  6:36 PM
I think a lot of posters are assuming Philly values Dalembert highly just because we value him so highly. If they really valued him, they wouldn't play Marc Jackson ahead of him and burry him on the bench. I agree with Fish that we might be able to steal him now.
rain
Member: #353
USA
12/7/2004  6:45 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I think a lot of posters are assuming Philly values Dalembert highly just because we value him so highly. If they really valued him, they wouldn't play Marc Jackson ahead of him and burry him on the bench. I agree with Fish that we might be able to steal him now.

Stealing him doesn't include Ariza and Mohammed.
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
12/7/2004  7:48 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

The most recent SLAM issue really cleared up the issue in Philly for me. O'Brien started the lineup with jackson and andre igoudala and all because he wanted to light a fire under dalembert and others like big dog (well big dog had contract issues too) to make them better. apparently a lot of the sixers weren't exactly in best performing shape in terms of injuries or just lack of conditioning this season. I doubt philly values jackson more than dalembert. Philly values jackson's offensive production more than dalembert's d at times, that's for sure though.
http://allknicks.com
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/7/2004  9:01 PM
[/quote]

Stealing him doesn't include Ariza and Mohammed.
[/quote]
excellent point. I really don't want to trade Nazzy for a possibility that isn't seriously better than him. Naazzy for Curry is a risk that makes sense, but as much as i like Dalembert, he isn't worth dealing nazzy in my opinion. THat is a high risk with limited returns.

Nazzy for Curry is a high risk for possible high returns.
Bonn1997
USA
12/7/2004  10:41 PM
Posted by teslawlo:
Posted by Bonn1997:

The most recent SLAM issue really cleared up the issue in Philly for me. O'Brien started the lineup with jackson and andre igoudala and all because he wanted to light a fire under dalembert and others like big dog (well big dog had contract issues too) to make them better. apparently a lot of the sixers weren't exactly in best performing shape in terms of injuries or just lack of conditioning this season. I doubt philly values jackson more than dalembert. Philly values jackson's offensive production more than dalembert's d at times, that's for sure though.
As much as I like SLAM magazine, I don't think any GM or coach tells the magazine their deepest plans with each player
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
12/8/2004  12:56 AM
Dalembert is very much like a young Mohammed (w/ shot blocking skills)--- injuries have derailed his production over the years--- but he clearly has had flashes of brilliance... What type of player can Dalembert project into? A giant version of Jerome Williams? A scrappy Antonio Davis-type? A taller Ben Wallace?
Maybe 13ppg/10rpg/2bpg in a good year?

By the time this year is over, I wouldn't be surprised if Nazr were close to averaging 14ppg/10rpg/1bpg...

But it's not the pure stats that are important, it's how a player gets those points. To us, if the player put up lesser numbers with his back to the basket, it would be more valuable. Maybe we'd get more mileage out of Curry producing 12ppg/7rpg/1bpg if he manufactured his points in the post or at the free throw line.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Bonn1997
USA
12/8/2004  1:06 AM
Posted by technomaster:

Dalembert is very much like a young Mohammed (w/ shot blocking skills)--- injuries have derailed his production over the years--- but he clearly has had flashes of brilliance... What type of player can Dalembert project into? A giant version of Jerome Williams? A scrappy Antonio Davis-type? A taller Ben Wallace?
Maybe 13ppg/10rpg/2bpg in a good year?

By the time this year is over, I wouldn't be surprised if Nazr were close to averaging 14ppg/10rpg/1bpg...

But it's not the pure stats that are important, it's how a player gets those points. To us, if the player put up lesser numbers with his back to the basket, it would be more valuable. Maybe we'd get more mileage out of Curry producing 12ppg/7rpg/1bpg if he manufactured his points in the post or at the free throw line.
Curry can't even average 6 RPG even in a contract year
Dalembert and Kenny Thomas for Nazr

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy