[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dalembert and Kenny Thomas for Nazr
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/7/2004  10:21 AM
it saves Phili a lot of money moving forward and Kenny Thomas and Dalembert arent good fits for OBrien's scheme right now. Nazr makes a lot of sense for Phili... they are loaded with shooters but dont have a lot of size. Nazr's offensive rebounding gives them another big that can just get the ball and create more shots.

As for the Knicks we get an athletic big in Dalembert. A guy that can really blossom in a couple years. We also get a very solid role player in Kenny that can play both forward spots. He plays very hard, plays very hard on DEFENSE, gives you good rebounding and a nice mid range game. He's everything you want from TT. Hustles and heart.

It also ensures the Knicks will lead in the NBA in Thomas's
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/7/2004  10:24 AM
its ok, it would cause a logjam at PF/SF. youd have KT,JYD,Ariza,TT, Penny,(maybe baker one day), and now kenny thomas all trying to get minutes. while i like getting dalembert this deal just doesnt make sense. plus i think philly might want a little more than just nazr for those players even if they dont fit into phillys scheme.
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
12/7/2004  10:31 AM
Posted by fishmike:

It also ensures the Knicks will lead in the NBA in Thomas's

we have to do it so...

seriously, i don't see why philly would try so save money now ? I mean, they would get totally robbed on this one. We all knçow that nazr is a good guy, but his play is magnified by craw and marbury.

i'd do that in a nanosecond, though.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/7/2004  10:35 AM
We'd also lead the league in K. Thomas'.

I agree with the others in thinking Phili would not do this deal.
Don't see any upside from their perspective.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/7/2004  10:51 AM
sorry, not interested in trading for Kenny Thomas due to his contract which runs through til 2010! we are set at the PF position w/KT, Sweetney & JYD...& Kenny Thomas isn't a SF in my view...i like him as a player, but not at that longterm a contract i don't.

i'd rather take on Corliss Williamson's contract if we can get Dalembert in that trade, since his contract is up in '07.

Nazr, Moochie & cash for Dalembert & Corliss
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
USA
12/7/2004  11:08 AM
Posted by jaydh:

its ok, it would cause a logjam at PF/SF. youd have KT,JYD,Ariza,TT, Penny,(maybe baker one day), and now kenny thomas all trying to get minutes. while i like getting dalembert this deal just doesnt make sense. plus i think philly might want a little more than just nazr for those players even if they dont fit into phillys scheme.
it depends on how they view Dalembert, but I wonder how high it could be as he had a monster finish last year but isnt getting any minutes this year.
As for the log jam any deal is going to create that, but I'm looking at letting TT and Penny just walk into the sunset and let their $$ come off the books. KennyT/Ariza is a nice fit at the 3. Both play hard on D, KT is great rebounder and has a nice midrange game and is cost effective. Ariza gives you the steals and attack the basket.

It gives you nice flexibility moving forward. Kenny is signed for 6 years but its not crazy money... its a good contract for a guy thats 27 and plays hard every night, gives you good production and is healthy. Dalembert has a monster upside and I would be willing to give them Houston's #2 if the need be.

Nazr would benefit from Iverson the same way he benefits from Marbury. I think its a pretty fair trade for both teams and both get things they need right now.

Heck.. maybe TT's agent thinks someone will give him their full MLE and we buy him out and save $10mm over the next 2 years. That would pay for Kenny Thomas right there
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/7/2004  11:12 AM
only way i see a deal like this happening is if KT gets traded away. and even still, is Kenny getting paid $6+mm/yr for the next 6yrs to backup sweets?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/7/2004  11:15 AM
If you look at the +/- numbers, this team depends on Nazy very heavily. Any deal involving him is a huge risk. I would do this deal because it could work out great, but it also could be a disaster.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/7/2004  11:16 AM
Posted by jaydh:

only way i see a deal like this happening is if KT gets traded away. and even still, is Kenny getting paid $6+mm/yr for the next 6yrs to backup sweets?
I think Fish's plan was for him to backup Sweetney and Ariza. He'd be a combo forward (SF/PF) off the bench.
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
12/7/2004  11:21 AM
That's a bad trade for Phi.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/7/2004  11:49 AM
Posted by Mac:

That's a bad trade for Phi.

Knick fans never consider the other team when posting trades.

Seldom do teams trade in the same DIV.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
fishmike
USA
12/7/2004  11:53 AM
why is it a bad trade for Phili? They get one of the leagues better offensive rebounders and hustle players. They have no size. Dalembert is almost totally benched and Kenny Thomas just signed a 6 year deal his minutes are down also. Nazr's shorter deal also gives them more flexibility moving forward.

I do agree the biggest stumpling block would be trading with a team in the division, but this trade makes sense for them.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/7/2004  11:54 AM
So many Thomas's... I know Isiah wants this to be HIS team, but...

We'll bring Dalembert someway...
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
12/7/2004  11:54 AM
So many Thomas's... I know Isiah wants this to be HIS team, but...

We'll bring Dalembert someway... Have faith!
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
12/7/2004  11:55 AM
Posted by fishmike:

why is it a bad trade for Phili? They get one of the leagues better offensive rebounders and hustle players. They have no size. Dalembert is almost totally benched and Kenny Thomas just signed a 6 year deal his minutes are down also. Nazr's shorter deal also gives them more flexibility moving forward.

I do agree the biggest stumpling block would be trading with a team in the division, but this trade makes sense for them.

I really wonder why... An injury?
Knicks_Fan
fishmike
USA
12/7/2004  12:23 PM
I think he missed some time early, but he's been playing less than 20 minutes and hasnt worked well in their system. Then again at 6-11 not much has worked but hey. I'm so high on Dalembert I would include Ariza into the deal if I had too... I think we can draft a guy like Ariza next summer, not so sure about as prospect like Sam
rain
Member: #353
USA
12/7/2004  12:49 PM
right now I value Ariza alot more than most here. If he's given regular minutes he will be special. You don't trade him now, it's idiotic. The more Nazr shows consistency, the higher his value. We have a center, now we need a team that plays defense with some heart. That will come... A trade for trades sake is silly right now.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/7/2004  12:58 PM
I was just thinking about how some had posted (maybe it was Briggs) about getting McKie from them- and how with our great defense, he wouldn't be such a bad addition

why not McKie & Dalembert for Nazr and or whatever else needs to make the salary work?
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
12/7/2004  1:21 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Dalembert's minutes are due to his injuries and Jackson's improved play. He's a back up center, and would be the best player involved in the psuedo-trade. Why would Phi trade Dalembert for a lesser backup center? KeThomas's minutes are down because he's competing with Williamson and JDavis (both of whom are playing better than last year).

Lastly, Phi is a mediocre rebounding team, but is in last place in blocks. That stat tells me that they need Dalembert to play at a high defensive level (something Nazr can't do) ... which means they are probably looking to keep him.
fishmike
USA
12/7/2004  1:29 PM
its makes Phili bigger... Nazr and Mark Jackson are interchangable at PF/C and Kenny Thomas is playing out of position at the 4.
Dalembert and Kenny Thomas for Nazr

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy