[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What about a Houston trade for Hill......?????
Author Thread
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/7/2004  6:10 PM
Posted by Marv:

jay, Carter is a horrible basketball player.

And to answer your final question yes I wouild rather have TT than VC. TT will soon be back at his 16/5 level for the knicks that he was last year, yoiu can see it in the progression of his play game to game. As much as he is a turkey with borderline intelligence even he doesn't disgust me to the level that the supreme loser carter does. Oak nailed this guy to the tree and pegged him perfectly.

how can you say that?? he is one of the nba's elite players. vince is only 27, anywhere from 1-2 years away from his "prime".

he is a career 23+ppg(.446FG%, allan houstons is .445),5rpg,3apg player and was a member of a very tough raptors team just a couple years ago. granted his are slightly down only this season, but hes stated that he is unhappy and demanded a trade.

TT is the same age, with his career stats practically being half of carter. TT cant even average as many rebounds as carter. at least rose can play defense while also putting up the same if not better #s than thomas, and rose can play multiple positions unlike thomas.

AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/7/2004  6:38 PM
I just can't abide the guy. From his trade demands to his "I won't dunk" to his on-court i-pod to his bailing out constantly in the clutch. Arent' there some players you just can't deal with, that you develop a real disgust with, rational or not?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/7/2004  6:39 PM
Carter's carried his team in the playoffs before. He's not the kind of player you want your franchise to depend on, but in the right environment I think he'd be a great SECONDARY player with Stephon still as our leader. I don't mind taking Jalen Rose so long as we're keeping either TT OR Penny. I'd include Baker or Norris for Alvin Williams too if necessary.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12/07/2004 18:46:38]
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
12/8/2004  6:46 AM
I am now convinced that any chance to add a talent like Carter to our roster is a good thing. I don't like Rose, but he is also a talent that we can use. Rose is a 6'8" baller that without the antics can produce. However, both players are not defensive minded type of ballers. We will need to add a front-court/hard nose defensive minded big man in the mix. Kurt has to go folks, he has too.
The true Knickabocker..........
raven
Member: #316
Canada
12/8/2004  6:53 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I am now convinced that any chance to add a talent like Carter to our roster is a good thing. I don't like Rose, but he is also a talent that we can use. Rose is a 6'8" baller that without the antics can produce. However, both players are not defensive minded type of ballers. We will need to add a front-court/hard nose defensive minded big man in the mix. Kurt has to go folks, he has too.

though both talented, they're not the guys we need.
carter can go down at ay times, and has already knee injury though far from his prime.
questionnable attitude and work ethic, no heart, no d...

next trade, please.
Bonn1997
USA
12/8/2004  9:57 AM
Carter's defense is probably better than TT's or Houston's. He's also an underrated shot-blocker. (He averaged close to 1 block a game last year.)
raven
Canada
12/8/2004  10:05 AM
i must have seen him on bad days cause i've never ever seen him lock an opponent down.

On the other hand, i saw him disinterested, dancing on a concert stage while being hurt, bashing his coaches and teamates, blaming other for his faults...

I honnestly don't that that "close to one block" thing would compensate the professionalism houston has.

all vince carter has ever done was winning slam dunk contests.

now anwser this. how many times this year, last year or the year before did you see him rise above people in the paint to slam the ball on their heads ?
been a while since he did that the last time.

he's now a jumpshooter with bad knees.

at least, hou still has one healthy leg.

[Edited by - raven on 12/08/2004 10:05:58]
Bonn1997
USA
12/8/2004  10:15 AM
So you think TT and Houston are better defenders than Vince?

all vince carter has ever done was winning slam dunk contests.
He carried a team less talented than ours to within one game of the conference finals.
raven
Canada
12/8/2004  10:44 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

So you think TT and Houston are better defenders than Vince?

I don't see anywhere in my post where I could have said that. maybe that's what you would like me to say to have a reason to turn your usual flamethrower on, but happily for me, i didn't say it .

Even if VC was a better defender that the other 2 chumps, I don't see him as a "so much better defender" that he could solve our problems.
See the difference ? he may be better, but better than awful is still bad.
Posted by Bonn1997:

He carried a team less talented than ours to within one game of the conference finals.

We musn't have the same way of appreciating things, bonn. In my book, getting close to success is still a failure.

Btw, he did that in the putrid leastern conference, beating our weak 2000 squad 3 to 2 before lossing 4 to 3 while bricking the last shot.

don't misunderstand me bonn. he's talented for sure, but he'll bring us down, not up.

[Edited by - raven on 12/08/2004 10:50:21]
raven
Canada
12/8/2004  10:54 AM
and btw, please check the following link,
http://www.nba.com/playoffs2001/quarter/east4/?nav=SiteFragment

and you, tell me how the team we had in that year playoffs...

Latrell Sprewell
Kurt Thomas
Marcus Camby (sister taken in hostage during the series)
Allan Houston
Mark Jackson
Glen Rice
Charlie Ward
Othella Harrington
Rick Brunson
Travis Knight
Felton Spencer
Larry Johnson (DNP in the series)

...was so freaking much more talented that the raptors squad :

Vince Carter
Charles Oakley
Antonio Davis
Alvin Williams
Chris Childs
Jerome Williams
Dell Curry
Keon Clark
Morris Peterson
Tracy Murray

Bonn1997
USA
12/8/2004  12:01 PM
Posted by raven:

and btw, please check the following link,
http://www.nba.com/playoffs2001/quarter/east4/?nav=SiteFragment

and you, tell me how the team we had in that year playoffs...

Latrell Sprewell
Kurt Thomas
Marcus Camby (sister taken in hostage during the series)
Allan Houston
Mark Jackson
Glen Rice
Charlie Ward
Othella Harrington
Rick Brunson
Travis Knight
Felton Spencer
Larry Johnson (DNP in the series)

...was so freaking much more talented that the raptors squad :

Vince Carter
Charles Oakley
Antonio Davis
Alvin Williams
Chris Childs
Jerome Williams
Dell Curry
Keon Clark
Morris Peterson
Tracy Murray
Wow; please calm down. I was refering to our current team, which I think is more talented than the team Carter carried to game 7 of round 2
What about a Houston trade for Hill......?????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy